Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Stampeding Roar changes

60% speed for 8 seconds sounds like a great change. I think the ability has finally found its sweet spot.

If there was anything else I could change about it, it would be to increase the radius to 15-20 yrds, as 10 yrds is a bit unforgiving, especially with lag and moving allies.

Totally agree. Stampede has a very limited use at the moment, speed boost isn't too great, radius is really small, duration very low, etc... The only time I ever use it is when I'm corpse running, I'll pop it as I run by someone. But honestly, often times due to the very small radius and a little bit of inherent lag, the ability will sometimes miss a player I am right ontop of... So clearly a radius buff would be a huge help to this ability.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesolatedMaggot View Post
    Totally agree. Stampede has a very limited use at the moment, speed boost isn't too great, radius is really small, duration very low, etc... The only time I ever use it is when I'm corpse running, I'll pop it as I run by someone. But honestly, often times due to the very small radius and a little bit of inherent lag, the ability will sometimes miss a player I am right ontop of... So clearly a radius buff would be a huge help to this ability.
    I think it has more uses for melee classes and the tank itself, in case a boss features an attack that requies the ones that stand at him to get quick out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Acolon View Post
    I think it has more uses for melee classes and the tank itself, in case a boss features an attack that requies the ones that stand at him to get quick out of the way.
    It's very rare for any melee to be standing close enough to the tank for the Roar to even hit them, 10 yards is roughly melee range.

I totally admit I was being a bit harsh when I said that I never use it outside of a corpse run. It is nice as a mini-bear sprint, but honestly not much else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    In theory yes, in practice though I find its hard to use effectively. All the stuff you need to get out of quickly, takes about .5 seconds to avoid. With or without this ability, by the time it has actually taken effect (assuming people are in range). Whatever fire I was trying to avoid has already killed me or I am clear of it.
    I was thinking of the Feud Phase from Chimaeron or evading the fire breath from Atramedes in the ground and flight Phase, where speed is the key to not get certain members killed.

Honestly, I just use the ability as a mini-sprint for myself atm. If melee happen to get it also, thats a plus.

Examples:
    On conclave, I use it to move Anshal out of his Soothing Breezes very quickly and to make sure the adds arent in it either.
    On halfus, I use it to get out of fire quickly if we have Time Warden or just to reposition myself.
    On omnitron, I use it to reposition or to get people to move away from slimes a bit quicker.

These are just a few examples that popped into my head first, but it is not a useless ability. With the buff, it will be even better and I will use it even more. This isn't a make it or break it ability but it can still help avoid things fast.

I can only agree about the small radius being tricky sometimes, the only situation I always use it to the best of the group is the last trash pack before the mind control boss in the naga instance with the 2 giants. I try and get it applied to our atramedes kiter, but usually they get better cooldowns like lifegrip and speed-bubble. Its also nice for all kind of 5man speed achievements (HoO elementals, deathmines). It can be good to get away from the dying cho'gall adds together with the melee.

Other than that its more like a personal sprint to me. Then again we don't know what blizzard has in store for us in the next raid tiers.

Deleted
    I use it all the time, err for instance....

Arte - running from fire beam, even if you're not the one targetted you can speed boost him
    Chim - Running away after feud, pop just before the end
    Maloriak - Melee running to adds, melee/tank kiting adds speed boost on buff
    Ormnatron - Flame thrower debuff, RUUUUN
    Nefarion - 3 people to get to my pillar we always make it first :3
    Cho'gall - get to the add faster
    Elemental monstrosity/council - end phase, makes it easier for melee dps to keep up with the tank also to get a speed boost to find your buff/debuff
    Conclave - I use it on the tank/healer so they can get to their platform quicker, ie I'm tanking frost guy, I speed boost myself and healer at 75
    Al'akir - P2, if there's a hard cyclone break i.e right on the edge of the platform i speed boost the melee
    Halfus - none that I can think of
    Valiona - After blackout to get back to range

You guys saying you don't use the ability are obviously not creative enough!

This is a 2min cooldown, rather than increase it's speed why not add a blessing of freedom style buff to it? cannot be slowed while going 40% faster? might give us Feral druids a taste of the good ol days again and help us get off some burst without sitting in nova's
    *Warriors can bladestorm to avoid roots
    *rogues can cloak to avoid roots
    *Dk's root to avoid roots
    *Ferals need some love!! <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shabob View Post
    This is a 2min cooldown, rather than increase it's speed why not add a blessing of freedom style buff to it? cannot be slowed while going 40% faster? might give us Feral druids a taste of the good ol days again and help us get off some burst without sitting in nova's
    *Warriors can bladestorm to avoid roots
    *rogues can cloak to avoid roots
    *Dk's root to avoid roots
    *Ferals need some love!! <3
    Because it is a baseline ability. Adding hand of freedom to it would make resto even more unkillable, and turn ferals into OP flag carriers. And that would be bad, because if you combine this to the Spell Reflect nerf... It would mean that another class would compete with Blood DK for the role of carrying the flag in BGs. Now at least it will be nice and clean: either you have a blood death knight, or you lose to a better comp

Not enough, still not expecting to hit the button very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Noetical View Post
    I use it all the time, err for instance....

Arte - running from fire beam, even if you're not the one targetted you can speed boost him
    Chim - Running away after feud, pop just before the end
    Maloriak - Melee running to adds, melee/tank kiting adds speed boost on buff
    Ormnatron - Flame thrower debuff, RUUUUN
    Nefarion - 3 people to get to my pillar we always make it first :3
    Cho'gall - get to the add faster
    Elemental monstrosity/council - end phase, makes it easier for melee dps to keep up with the tank also to get a speed boost to find your buff/debuff
    Conclave - I use it on the tank/healer so they can get to their platform quicker, ie I'm tanking frost guy, I speed boost myself and healer at 75
    Al'akir - P2, if there's a hard cyclone break i.e right on the edge of the platform i speed boost the melee
    Halfus - none that I can think of
    Valiona - After blackout to get back to range

You guys saying you don't use the ability are obviously not creative enough!
    Only one that is really useful there is Cho'gall. This change will do little to make it better. The main use will be to get back from a wipe 2 seconds faster instead of 1 second faster. If they wanted to actually make it useful in PvE they should change the cooldown to 30 seconds, the duration was already long enough. It feels like this was done more to spite the PvPer's that were suggesting it be given a root break.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodata View Post
    Because it is a baseline ability. Adding hand of freedom to it would make resto even more unkillable, and turn ferals into OP flag carriers. And that would be bad, because if you combine this to the Spell Reflect nerf... It would mean that another class would compete with Blood DK for the role of carrying the flag in BGs. Now at least it will be nice and clean: either you have a blood death knight, or you lose to a better comp
    It doesn't matter if the ability is baseline, they could make the root-breaking effect a deep feral talent. Also, having anti-roots didn't make ferals OP flag carriers before, I don't see how it'd happen now with a lmiited, 2min cooldown. Yes, we were tough for 1 or 2 people to stop, but honestly if you've only got 2 people bearing down on your EFC, you're in a bad way anyhow.

Deleted
    It doesn't matter if the ability is baseline, they could make the root-breaking effect a deep feral talent. Also, having anti-roots didn't make ferals OP flag carriers before, I don't see how it'd happen now with a lmiited, 2min cooldown. Yes, we were tough for 1 or 2 people to stop, but honestly if you've only got 2 people bearing down on your EFC, you're in a bad way anyhow.
    Breaking roots while staying in bear form would make us OP. We weren't before because breaking roots meant shifting to cat or travel and getting globalled under the sustained fire.

Nonsense.

/cast !Bear Form

Or just spam your bear form button, in and out in a split second.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would have been a better buff if they increased the range.

Deleted
    Nonsense.

/cast !Bear Form

Or just spam your bear form button, in and out in a split second.
    Changing forms triggers the global cooldown. Try it, die, then see my point.

Coming out of form does not trigger any GCD. So you are perfectly capable of going back into bear form instantly. That is exactly what the macro I posted earlier does. It actually just recasts bear form, never even leaving it.

10+ Year Old Account
    untill they lower CD to 1min, even witht his change it will remain nearly useless.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

It's disappointing that Kitties one new ability for Cataclysm is utterly useless but all the Ferals I talked to are more concerned that they have completely ruined the spec that at one point Blizzard said should be the model for all specs. What would compel them to change their one triumph of artistry, finesse and craftsmanship into a steaming pile of roadkill. They transformed a challenging and fun spec into a boring, clunky skillless spec with no synergy or polish. Then for the first major content patch they add 2 more seconds of stampeding roar? Incredible.