Nvidia GeForce GTX 470

I am looking to upgrade my video card, done some searching around and the Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 has a reasonable price for the area im looking at.

Before I go and spend the money though, I wanted to see if anyone has bad information on this card, or a reccomendation on another one for the same price range.

If asked, my current card is a Geforce 9800 GTX+

Edit: also to add another question, is there an easy way to determine the current wattage pull im using?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the 470. But from what I have read, you get more bang for buck if you go for the 560 TI.

Wish I waited another 3 months before I started scrapping my build I learned my lesson though lol.

It is a good card. Will play WoW on ultra (yes real ultra) all day in a 25 man without breaking a sweat, assuming you have a powerful enough CPU.

Personally I'd roll with a GTX 560 if you haven't already got a 470. They're phasing out the 470's for the 560's. Pretty much the same card except the 560 is cooler running and more efficient energy wise.

If you can get a 470 for a deal, go head, beastly card. Still the third fastest Nvidia card (assuming 470 = 560 < 480 =570 < 580)
    CPU - i7-950 @ 4.1ghz
    GPU - GTX 470 @ 880/1760/2100
    Storage - 2x Crucial C300 64GB SSD Raid 0 / 1x WD CB 1TB / 2x WD CB 640GB
    Memory - 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600
    PSU - 1000W Coolermaster Silent Pro
    Case - Coolermaster HAF X
    CPU Water Block - EK Supreme Nickel/Plexi CPU Water Block
    GPU Water Block - EK GTX 470 Nickel/Plexi GPU Water Block

Quote Originally Posted by conaan View Post
    I am looking to upgrade my video card, done some searching around and the Nvidia GeForce GTX 470 has a reasonable price for the area im looking at.
    MSI's GTX560ti instead. Runs 20C cooler, makes less noise, it's faster and comes with some bundled games.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.