Need help recalling an old PS2 game...

For the life of me I cannot remember the name of this PS2 game from pre-2004ish, but I remember various bits and pieces of it. I'm gonna post what I remember, see if it rings any bells with anyone...

The game is in 3rd person, and I remember that as it starts out you're in some kind of mental hospital/asylum place, and as you explore and get your bearings, the game starts showing these various in-game cutscenes of this monster that seems to be stalking you, crawling on the ceilings and walls and whatnot. You havent actually encountered any enemies at this point yet, but I remember it was terrifying the way you felt hunted but couldnt see or fight anything yet. Then once you finally do fight and kill the monster, you learn shortly therafter that what you killed and creeped you out so much at the very start of the game was actually one of the weakest and most common enemies in the entire game. (which made me feel foolish, hence why that stands out in my memory)

I also have vauge snapshot-like memories of being on a basketball court and being attacked by fellow inmates and killing them all, as well as being on a beach at some point and making your way to this big domed structure to fight some crazy mad scientist guy. These memories are 7+ years old or more i'd wager, and may be totally warped by time and inaccurate as to the actual contents of the game...but thats all I can recall.

Does any of this sound at all famaliar to anyone? I'd really love to figure out what game that was and find a ROM of it...haha.
    Last edited by EpyonCustom; 2011-03-11 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Clarified that it's in 3rd person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could quite possibly be The Suffering, maybe this youtube video might jog your memories abit more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brwcLAxwKR0
    The only other horror game that came out in 2004 I can think of is Silent Hill 4:The Room.
    Cataclysm is so hard because of Wrath Baby Syndrome:
    Wrath Baby Syndrome is the disease commonly observed in people who grew comfortable with Wrath of the Lich King. Symptoms include:
    Terrible gameplay. Inability to avoid fire, void zones, other such crap. Inability to take responsibility for your failures. General idiocy. Finding "Anal [Link]" or mother jokes funny.
    Other symptoms include:Posting that Cataclysm is too hard, you obviously never played Vanilla or TBC.

The terrifying stalking bit sounds Silent Hill-y, one of the scariest games I ever played.

I agree with Munkey. It's probably The Suffering. If you remember a lot of electricity, then it's definitely The Suffering.

Deleted
    Another vote for The SUffering here.

I enjoyed it more than I thought I would as I recall.

Yep, that's it. The Suffering. Thanks a ton guys, I was pulling my hair out trying to remember the name of that game...haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZZC-hs8q-c