Deleted

can my computer survive this?

this is copy pasta from Can you run it. would my computer die if I ran the game anyway and played it for 6 hours straight? or would it survive?

the game we are talking about here is Call of Duty: Black Ops

CPU
    Minimum: Intel® Core™2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 or better
    You Have: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor
    Upgrade Suggested: Unfortunately, your CPU does not meet this requirement. Click here to see some recommendations.

RAM
    Minimum: 2 GB
    You Have: 3.7 GB
    PASS

OS
    Minimum: Windows® Vista / XP / 7
    You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 (build 7600), 64-bit
    PASS

Video Card
    Minimum: Shader 3.0 or better 256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600GT / ATI Radeon® X1950Pro or better
    You Have: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
    PASS
    Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
    Required You Have
    Video RAM 256 MB 1.9 GB
    Hardware T&L Yes Yes
    Pixel Shader version 3.0 4.1
    Vertex Shader version 3.0 4.1

Free Disk Space
    Minimum: 12 GB
    You Have: 480.0 GB
    PASS
    Last edited by mmoc8c815007e9; 2011-03-03 at 10:40 AM. Reason: forgot to mention what game it is about

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why your PC would die after only 6 hours of gaming. WoW is hardly as demanding as say a stress test or anything of the sort and manufacturers make their hardware to last longer than 6 hours rofl.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    Not sure why your PC would die after only 6 hours of gaming. WoW is hardly as demanding as say a stress test or anything of the sort and manufacturers make their hardware to last longer than 6 hours rofl.
    edit, it's black ops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dooffie66 View Post
    edit, it's black ops.
    Once again... Hardware is made to last years, not hours
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

this is copy pasta from Can you run it. would my computer die if I ran the game anyway and played it for 6 hours straight? or would it survive?
    Laptops aren't meant for 6h gaming sessions. It probably will not die, but might overheat shutdown.

Regardless, running WoW on such low specs will be borderline masochism.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    is it possible to make anything of your hardware work as cpu/gpu? I know it's possible to make 8GB of your harddrive into/work as 8GB of ram

10+ Year Old Account
    is it possible to make anything of your hardware work as cpu/gpu? I know it's possible to make 8GB of your harddrive into/work as 8GB of ram
    While you can load stuff to pagefile, it's not nearly as fast as RAM. Not sure what else could act as a CPU or GPU lol.

is it possible to make anything of your hardware work as cpu/gpu?
    No. Unless you count in money. That will fix your CPU/GPU issues.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Even if your BLOCKOPS will run, i hardly suspect this wont be fun.
    You computer will NOT die, there are mechnism in place to prevent that. But i cant predict how long you will be able to play until those mechanism start to kick in.

You can give it a try but i guess you will stop it quite fast.

Deleted
    well on to topic as it was not wow but black ops the spec requirements are for, would my computer overheat fast,? my computer shuts down at 90* when playing wow it is mostly at 80* would black ops require so much more? or should I just screw the shit and buy black ops for my playstation3 instead?

Why the heck would black ops kill your computer...

Can make your gpu work as cpu in a way in some cases... other than that, no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    Even if your BLOCKOPS will run, i hardly suspect this wont be fun.
    You computer will NOT die, there are mechnism in place to prevent that. But i cant predict how long you will be able to play until those mechanism start to kick in.

You can give it a try but i guess you will stop it quite fast.

sounds sad :S sound like I'll have to stay with Moder warefare2 wich my computer can run. or start playing FPS games on my playstation3