Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    the most work i would probably require from my work laptop is probably a youtube video or an email/essay/excel and other BS.

for now monitors and desktops are out of the window, i just want to make sure the desktop is dependable, the games i would probably play are Total War series like Shogun 2 or Warhammer 40k that my current laptop cannot even run without lagging in the lowest of settings.

so do you know any good desktops for gaming and btw im not this super gamer i just would like to be able to run a game in medium/high settings, i dont need it to be in Ultra High with everything pumped to maximum, the thing is im just sick and tired of running everything on low or lagging when i play online games.

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    the most work i would probably require from my work laptop is probably a youtube video or an email/essay/excel and other BS.

for now monitors and desktops are out of the window, i just want to make sure the desktop is dependable, the games i would probably play are Total War series like Shogun 2 or Warhammer 40k that my current laptop cannot even run without lagging in the lowest of settings.

so do you know any good desktops for gaming and btw im not this super gamer i just would like to be able to run a game in medium/high settings, i dont need it to be in Ultra High with everything pumped to maximum, the thing is im just sick and tired of running everything on low or lagging when i play online games.
    A netbook should be more than enough for your needs then. As long as you don't mind the small screen size, I say go for it. They have great battery life and are extremely cheap.

As I already mentioned, you can get a top notch desktop (just the box) for less than $1,000 without an OS. If you were to cut corners, you can probably reduce the price from the $800 to about $600-700 range, but you would be sacrificing a lot of performance and it's not worth it in my opinion, especially since a sub $1,000 desktop is well within your budget.

Here is a customizable pre-built desktop I would recommend:
    -Click on the link: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/C..._Configurator/
    -Click on load
    -Enter 1D2TH7
    -Feel free to change the case to whatever you like, add a monitor/operating sytem and whatever else you want/need. But, you really shouldn't need to change any of the core components I have already selected to give you the performance you need at the best price(CPU, motherboard, graphics card, RAM, PSU).
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    A netbook should be more than enough for your needs then. As long as you don't mind the small screen size, I say go for it. They have great battery life and are extremely cheap.

As I already mentioned, you can get a top notch desktop (just the box) for less than $1,000 without an OS. If you were to cut corners, you can probably reduce the price from the $800 to about $600-700 range, but you would be sacrificing a lot of performance and it's not worth it in my opinion, especially since a sub $1,000 desktop is well within your budget.

Here is a customizable pre-built desktop I would recommend:
    -Click on the link: http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/C..._Configurator/
    -Click on load
    -Enter 1D2TH7
    -Feel free to change the case to whatever you like, add a monitor/operating sytem and whatever else you want/need. But, you really shouldn't need to change any of the core components I have already selected to give you the performance you need at the best price(CPU, motherboard, graphics card, RAM, PSU).
    "For now monitors and desktops are out of the window"

I'm so confused...
    Do you want a Desktop and a Laptop, an incredibly hard to find, good laptop?

Deleted
    hm...about the battery will it last longer if i use a docking station when i get back home? i might just take the other suggestion another user suggested, i would get a desktop for my gaming needs and a notepad with a great battery for my school needs.

i originally wanted a super laptop because i though it would be cheaper if i do and it seems this is not the case.
    so whats the cheapest and most efficient desktop and the most battery friendly note book can i get?

my budget is anywhere between 1.5k to 2.5k
    thanks everyone.
    With that budged I'd suggest the high-end macbook pro 15". It probably won't be able to max out demanding games, but you will be able to play anything on reasonable settings for years and years to come. Battery life, mobility, build quality and productivity are yet unrivaled (best touchpad ever).

If you dislike macs, you could have a look at the Sony Vaio series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    "For now monitors and desktops are out of the window"

I'm so confused...
    Do you want a Desktop and a Laptop, an incredibly hard to find, good laptop?
    lol sorry after some thinking i concluded it would be more efficient to buy a desktop and a laptop instead of one super laptop, also the only problem i have is choosing the desktop/tower, i can find the keyboard/mouse/speakers/monitor without any help :P

10+ Year Old Account
    lol sorry after some thinking i concluded it would be more efficient to buy a desktop and a laptop instead of one super laptop, also the only problem i have is choosing the desktop/tower, i can find the keyboard/mouse/speakers/monitor without any help :P
    Are you comfortable building your own? I can recommend some guides that really helped me. (And I'm sure the rest of the community can weigh in too.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millhouse Manastorm View Post
    Are you that addicted that you must play every where you go?
    This is a retorical question right?