Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

whats up with Stormrider's Robes not having spirit?

can someone explain to my why http://www.wowhead.com/item=60276 doesnt have any spirit on it,
    Im currently in almost full blue gear, downed Al'Akir, Conclave of the Wind, Atramedus and Chimaeron, with a pug who invited me to their guild which i most likely will accept. Now the problem is, I havent been lucky in BH.. so I didnt get any of the set pieces yet And I just CANT afford to lose the 200+ spirit i have on my current chestpiece. Problem is, I dont want to buy lets say the legs, and then have them drop in BH coming wednesday..

So I was wondering why do the Boomkin leggings have spirit, and the healer chest doesnt..

Any input would be nice -- Pridemane Argent Dawn - EU

Deleted
    There is no rule that every healer-item needs spirit. Reforge spirit on it and you will loose just like 120 spirit, you will survive it.

Resto Shaman chest doesn't have spirit either.

the odds of getting the item you want from BH is very very low. like on the order of 1/130 chance, so i'd advise to never wait on buying the items if you have the currency for it. no sense in waiting or a drop to happen eventually when you can get the benefit from it now.

that being said, you should probably be using the 4 piece + robes from magmaw. the tier chest is usually skipped over by a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all healing pieces automatically must have spirit on them.

My Sham alt is to the point where I really don't want any more spirit than I already have, and she's only at iLvl 352.

If you want Spirit, use reforging.

Deleted
    well thanks for the replies, Ill just wait till wednesday since if I get into that guild ill be on their main healing team so we should faceroll mag Mawwwwwwwwwwwwww. and hope for my robes then

-Pridemane

If you get the 4-set, you basically get 540 spirit? It's an overall gain (of spirit) with the 4-set. Get other pieces first, though. And relying on BH for loot is a sad thing

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    This ^^^

T11 helm, legs, gloves & shoulders + scorched vest = the best combo.

Quote Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
    This ^^^

Is that really the best combo? Considering having 2004+ Haste is optimal, I would imagine that T11 Helm, gloves, shoulder, chest + Gale Rouser Leggings of the Undertow/Feverflare would be the best combo. (can't post links sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by Grayfox View Post
    Is that really the best combo? Considering having 2004+ Haste is optimal, I would imagine that T11 Helm, gloves, shoulder, chest + Gale Rouser Leggings of the Undertow/Feverflare would be the best combo. (can't post links sorry)
    It's pretty easy to reach the WG breakpoint with the combo I suggested. Crit is just an ugly wasted stat in my eyes.

This ^^^

Disagreed.

If you can get T11 Helm... you can get T11 Heroic Chest. Therefore, the best combo is either to get the Blind Seer Off-Piece or the Shoulder Off-Piece. Realistically, "the best" is going to rotate as you progress through the bosses.
    Last edited by Mehdi; 2011-03-04 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post
    Not all healing pieces automatically must have spirit on them.

My Sham alt is to the point where I really don't want any more spirit than I already have, and she's only at iLvl 352.

If you want Spirit, use reforging.
    I might be wrong(no) but I'm pretty sure you can't reforge for major stats (stam/str/spirit etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    Disagreed.

If you can get T11 Helm... you can get T11 Heroic Chest. Therefore, the best combo is either to get the Blind Seer Off-Piece or the Shoulder Off-Piece. Realistically, "the best" is going to rotate as you progress through the bosses.
    Blind Seer is terrible o.o If you're taking the T11 heroic chest you're robbing other druid specs of a good piece.

Blind Seer is terrible o.o If you're taking the T11 heroic chest you're robbing other druid specs of a good piece.
    The item by itself, certainly. However, that is not the case when combined with all the pieces. In either case, I would opt for the shoulders off of omnitron myself while letting the blind seer hold me over had it not dropped.

Spirit is a secondary stat and can be reforged to, or out of. It is still "listed" on items together with the primary stats though.

It's pretty easy to reach the WG breakpoint with the combo I suggested. Crit is just an ugly wasted stat in my eyes.
    I would still say Gale Rouser legs are the best choice for your off piece. Haste > Mastery therefore Gale Rouser > Scorched Wormling.
    Last edited by Grayfox; 2011-03-04 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post
    Coming from someone who plays two other healing classes, this makes me intensely sad. Any Shaman without Spirit on every piece of gear makes me intensely sad. I know you said it's an alt, but unless your plan is to never do anything outside of 5 mans and PVP at least gear right.

As far as the T11 Chest, I don't know. I haven't really been stacking Spirit on my Druid. I got to around 2200 (w/o Tsunami up) and stopped wanting more. Part of that could be that I raid 25s and always have 2 Mana Tides in my Druids raids, but I really haven't had mana issues yet. My Druid is an Alt and that run is only 5/13, but still. Unless something drastic changes I don't see the need to be worried about stacking Spirit. It'd just be extra mana to contribute more to my over-healing figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehdi View Post
    The item by itself, certainly. However, that is not the case when combined with all the pieces. In either case, I would opt for the shoulders off of omnitron myself while letting the blind seer hold me over had it not dropped.
    Shoulders are good until you get stormrider ones. Heroic gale rouser legs require you to be clearing heroic al'akir, then the correct stat allocation needs to go your way. It's easier to just take the stormrider legs and to get the heroic scorched vest (which is itemized beautifully) to drop imo.

Shoulders are good until you get stormrider ones. Heroic gale rouser legs require you to be clearing heroic al'akir, then the correct stat allocation needs to go your way. It's easier to just take the stormrider legs and to get the heroic scorched vest (which is itemized beautifully) to drop imo.
    If you don't want to wait to be killing Al'akir then the shoulders off omnitron would be the next best off piece. The chest has Spirit and Mastery, there's nothing crazy exciting about that. I would rather the haste.