Thread: Blu Ray movie

10+ Year Old Account

Blu Ray movie

mhm... i admit i lack knowledge in that field.
    I insert my blu ray movie disk in my blu ray drive
    i go to my computer and auto play and it says "encoded in an unsuported format"
    what gives?

I tried so far :
    MPC
    WMP
    PowerDvd9
    PowerDvd10

all the same message
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

I've heard windows is rather finnicky about this.
    Did you get a drivers-CD/DVD/Bluray with your bluray-reader? Tried downloading drivers/codec from your manufacturers website?

To be frank, I've had my laptop with a bluray-drive for 3+years, and I've yet to insert a Bluray-disc in it

10+ Year Old Account
    I got the most recent drivers when i installed it 3 weeks ago? Don't think it'd make a difference on a year old movie...
    The movie works just fine on my home cinema blu ray so its not the disk either.

Just made sure. I have V1.01 the most up to date available.
    Last edited by Warod; 2011-03-06 at 03:59 AM.
    Feral Druids are the most "feared" class in PvP.
    Warodl - Warod

Check if there's a firmware update. It could be using first generation firmware (highly unlikely, but still) or just older firmware as a lot of drives and devices don't ship with updated firmware. WHen I got both my TV and bluray player, neither of them had updated firmware. Bluray player couldn't play at 1080p and TV couldn't do 720p until both were updated (some movies wouldn't play either).

Quote Originally Posted by Warod View Post
    I insert my blu ray movie disk in my blu ray drive
    i go to my computer and auto play and it says "encoded in an unsuported format"
    what gives?

I tried so far :
    MPC
    WMP
    PowerDvd9
    PowerDvd10
    Neither MPC nor WMP will play BluRay movies because of copy protection issues. With right codecs and AnyDVDHD you can. PowerDVD9 and 10 standard and deluxe editions play only DVD discs, Ultra editions will play BluRay as well.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.