Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    10k isnt really needed for herioc as long as stuff dies
    wrong. there are a few heroic bosses that require everyone in the group to do a minimum of 10k dps.
    best example: 3rd boss in shadowfang-keep.

well i can only speak for the classes i played myself, those being: dk, mage, paladin, rogue, druid, warrior.
    all of them are able to do a minimum of 10k dps when they just reached ilvl329 (mostly with tricks like using some pvpgear in inventory and such)
    including the tank-specs
    (tanks only on total average. singletarget they do a bit less of course.)
    also note, those 10k+ are NOT doable in any dps-spec in that gear. but everyone should respec anyways once you reached 85.
    a few specs, like sub-rogue(unluckily those always suck in pve) and frost-mage(possible but only with lots of crits which is unlikely with 10-15% critchance) are simply too weak compared to their better heroic-specs (combat, fire).

with other words: i dont have a clue why it is okay for so many people to be a burden to the group ...
    Last edited by mmocd5f6a5c456; 2011-03-06 at 10:19 AM.

Had a bitching Feralm druid linking DPS meter during(!) combat, after combat... before first boss. It's a pug, not 4 more clones of you.

Play with friends if you want to rush.
    Former Wotlk Paladin Blockbot | 105,2% avoid / 3700 BV | Lots of old content soloed, incl. 3 factionleaders (Wrynn, Gnome king, Valen). - Currently exploring the fun of Soloing with new characters.

- I tend to think sentences faster than I can type, in replies, so often there is spelling and wording mistakes. Sorry.

Deleted
    I can get problems pulling dps sometimes.... if I mis-press an ability that completey messes up your rotation, and many people do it. Its not because they don't know how to play, it just happens. Some people aren't particulary fussed and if Im being honest, its one of those factors that doesn't really bother me.

Deleted
    - Because some people still play specs that Blizzard made broken,
    - Because as gear improves, melee will kill everything before casters could even finish their casts,
    - Because lot of people after seeing Cataclysm sold their accounts and new owners have no clue about their class without leveling it,
    - Because some classes are made so OP that it's faster to stfu and carry scrubs through instead of kicking them,
    - Because kicking bad dps is hard.

Well, As long as i dont go OOM healing on trash pulls or boss fights, idc what the DPS is really, stuff was downed, people lived...good enough for me

You are not included in this OP.

I THINK the reason most people do really bad dps in RANDOM heroics is because well....

1. They are guildless
    2. Their guild does not want to play with them
    3. No good guilds wants them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskodas View Post
    8k dps is easyily doable in any heroic and is prob the norm in 333's, you guys are just elitest, try being better yourself cause if you cant get by with less then 10k you suck big time, i can get by with as little as 6k each so long as they all obey the mechanics. on mobs with CC the norm is 6-7k and if they have more then unless your an epic geared tank your having threat problems (not enuf vengance, controling other mobs etc.)
    so GTFO yourselves.
    in 346 gear, take last boss in GB, i do 15k dps with 15% buff, i first did that with 5% buff to healing/health doing 8k and everyone else doing 7k before the nerf to their speed and we didn't wipe, get...the...fuck...over....your...self.
    The last boss in GB takes double dmg when he is casting shadow gale. So you'd prolly do closer to 9K if that mechanic wasn't in place. Meaning: You suck :/

When i started this thread i had recently whiped for the third time on trash before last boss in Throne of the tides.

the 2 guys that are standing there, none of them died even when we had skull on one.

i was healing for 2 min straight and ofc i got oom, but the highest dps was on 7k dps, and he was the tank.

Who cares? Besides as soon as you start maxing out dps mobs die - Dunno about you but if a mob dies before all my dots tick or before I get a cast off my dps goes down.

Hate to say it but in wrath my dps was terrible in trash mobs because by the time the tank sneezed the mobs were dead and I couldn't get a cast off.

on the flip side - you want alot of DPS - No CC and letting a fire mage go to town on trash packs woop

Deleted
    Dps in HC is alot not just depending on the dps .. for example i have had numerous encounters where my dps have dropped to 4k due to tank.... yes he pulls the mob out of the void zone but still leaves the mobs back in the voidzone and for someone who relies on beeing behind him (melee dps) meens we get parry issues with the boss we shouldn't have had. or worse the tank tanks him inside the voidzone yes he get healed i won't so i have to move out..... in bossfights where i can stay on him im normaly at 14-16k dps.

other times i have poped Barkskin / Tranq and that will drop my DPS ALOT but at the same time i will top everyone off.

also on trash i don't care about dps ... hell most of my normal dammage comes from bleeds .. guess if my dps is good or bad on trash that dies within 20s.
    Last edited by mmoc2e96eb80a1; 2011-03-06 at 10:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure we did all the heroics the first week of Cata with no one being over 10k so no, 10k DPS isn't required for any heroic boss as someone said. Anyone should be able to do 10k, but I'm not going to throw a fit when they are at 8-10k. It's the ones doing like 6k with the 15% buff that should be reading up on how to play.

It also depends on the class. My DK could do 12k when he was at a 329 ilvl. He was doing the same dps as my mage who was at 346 ilvl. Classes that depend on procs can have some crazy fluctuation from boss to boss.

Anyone looking at DPS on trash is more retarded than DPS doing 6k on bosses.
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2011-03-06 at 10:25 AM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.

Most people in random heroics are retards (at the game), sadly. My prot warrior who just dinged 85 is always top DPS on trash, which I won't bash some classes for since they just lack any reliable AoE, but when there's always 1-2 DPS below me on single target it's just embarrassing. And don't get me started on when I'm on my main druid, but since his gear is pretty insane by now it's not a fair comparison.

Your QQ about others dps is probably one of the many reason why some only pay attention to their dps meter and not their threat meter.

I don't get it either. On the day I dinged my shadow priest I was doing 8k on dummies without the buff or group buffs

Deleted
    We had an elemental shaman in our heroic stone core run the other day. I noticed him doing 3k dps on Ozruk, and when I asked him why, he blamed being paralyzed all the time. He then proceeded to do 3.5k on the last boss >.>

For the most part, wasn't 8K DPS the normal amount you'd need to do in a heroic pre-buff? I can understand people not doing 8k DPS in a normal mode because they might have horrible gear, but if you can get into a heroic dungeon, you better pull 8k DPS with the buff.

Sadly on my tank, I've seen that that's not always the case. No DPS should ever pull less than 8k on a boss when some classes can press one button and do 8k DPS from 1 button spamming. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aqthedruid View Post
    Lol yes this is true. Those dps chart toppers never move out of stuff because it will lower their dps.

And because they only look at recount...
    You have serious issues if you can't do your job while moving as good as you do it while standing still. It's like you wouldn't be able to breath if you walk in real life.

people get 329 ilvl and jump straight into heroics
    Like majority of us did when our first 85 hit the magical 329 number. All of a sudden same majority forgot about that and demands from random people to have 346-level gear when they enter first heroics. LK mentality kicks back in!

Well, classes is different. SOme classes have an easier time gettng good dps than others. My hunter can pull 13k+ dps on Heroic bosses, and I have dinged 14 hours /played ago. When I get out of the dungeon my overall dps is ~10-11k, but I suspect some classes dont get it as easy as I do.

Some people just need to l2p, it's really as simple as that op. Doing <10k with 15% (or 8-9k without it) as a dps is a clear sign of that. Sure, you might say it's not needed as long as the bosses die, and I will agree with it not being needed, but that doesn't change the fact it's bad doing that low dps.