Specify Cores just for WoW

Hey guys.

Just got a new 6 core processor (Phenom 1100t) and I was wondering if theres a way to specify two cores just for WoW? I know WoW doesn't use more than two cores at any given time so is there a way I can take two of my cores and have them only run WoW?

I hope that makes enough sense. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolikk View Post
    Hey guys.

Just got a new 6 core processor (Phenom 1100t) and I was wondering if theres a way to specify two cores just for WoW? I know WoW doesn't use more than two cores at any given time so is there a way I can take two of my cores and have them only run WoW?

You can always try running wow, Alt-Tabbing.. Opening up your Task-Manager, Find Wow.exe Right click it.. Click "Set Affinity" and Specify which cores WoW Can use... However, I don't think these settings stick, Meaning.. Once you close wow, and re-open it.. You'll have to repeat the same thing over >_<!

Quote Originally Posted by Bolikk View Post

You know wrong, WoW can and will use any number of cores right out of the box. lol.

Sticky index is your friend, these might be interesting for you:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...than-two-cores
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...tyMask-Testing

Changing the settings is not recommended to even try unless you know 100% surely what you're doing, or you're running Intel CPU with HyperThreading.

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 10:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    You can always try running wow, Alt-Tabbing.. Opening up your Task-Manager, Find Wow.exe Right click it.. Click "Set Affinity" and Specify which cores WoW Can use... However, I don't think these settings stick, Meaning.. Once you close wow, and re-open it.. You'll have to repeat the same thing over >_<!
    Manually setting processor affinity is about the worst thing you can do unless you're 110% sure of what you're doing.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.