Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    Ok,so I see everyone is OMGexcited about rift,so am I the only one who after playing 20 minutes in the beta decided the game was shit and couldn't take it anymore?

the first 20 minutes of WoW, no matter how much spit polish they put on it, has ever been worth it either. Come to think of it. most all MMOs suck for the first hour or two, while you get your bearings strait.
    If you love / enjoy WoW in its current state, don't bother with my signature...with all due respect, its not for you. (note: I am happy and respectful though, of your enthrallment with WoW... if not a little envious!)
    My dirty little nefarious nautical profession secret - its where I go to get my fix

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    We'll be there to welcome you back in WoW in 2 or 3 months
    this!.

same happend with aion and all other copy of wow

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djdidi View Post
    My roommate let me play Rift on his comp today, just the sheer customization (3 diffrent talent trees and classes on one toon) is enough to run me off WoW. On top of just more excitement than WoW too. It's like they took all the best of the mmo's and put it into one game and I only made it to level 7 before he kicked me off hehe.
    Good news everybody! One less person to whine and complain on the forums!
    Razern - 85 Hunter (Main - FotM Spec)
    Talio - 85 Paladin (Alt #1 - Prot Main / Holy Off)
    Tenemico - 85 Shaman (Alt #2 - Resto Main / Enh Off)

Hunters - Easy to learn, hard to master. And yet, we all just faceroll in the end

Quote Originally Posted by sanzor View Post
    Are you just reading the forum or are you actually playing the game? I'd assume what you write about the classes is based on someone who got his ass handed to him in pvp.
    Champions (Your reference to arms) is based on 2h weapons, while Paladin is sword and board build. The heals you talk about are from reactive hits, which are enabled through blocking with a shield. See what already went wrong here? The only "outside" heal they have is a full self heal that can only be used every 10mins, much like Ignore Pain if anyone played Daoc. Hardly imbalanced.
    Fireballs are refered to the Riftblades, but this is not the force of pure casters, but merely closeup or pursuit abilities.
    No i didnt play any of of the Betas at all....ever....not once....., I dont even know what Rift is, I just make shit up as I go to watch you mouth breathers scramble to post responses.

oh nvm youre and Enhance shammy, youre obviously not to bright to begin with.

Christ these 'Im quitting Wow for rift' threads really bring out the trolls and the fanbois. What is it that upsets you people so much?

Ok,so I see everyone is OMGexcited about rift,so am I the only one who after playing 20 minutes in the beta decided the game was shit and couldn't take it anymore?
    See, I had the exact same reaction. But then I realized that that much time put into a game as expansive as an MMO is absolutely nothing. So I pushed myself to go further. I realized that my problem might not be with the game but the class so I tried different ones out.

Tried out a 'hunter' and holy hell I fell in love with it. Went 4 hours non-stop. Something I haven't done on a video game in a very, very long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Oh god no... please don't leave me, with all these strange people, i'll miss you so much..... *cough* sarcastic Bastard *cough*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There is a RIFT - General discussion topic for this.

Bye and have fun.
    What this guy said.

And as the other guy said, we will be here you to welcome you back to wow in 2-3 months.
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home

Deleted
    cause you are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    You really didn't deserve your own thread for this, man.
    This. Good luck in Rift, however, you really didn't need to post about it. This is a WoW forum and most people aren't really gunna care.

I played the Rift beta and I gotta say, the similarities to WoW were astounding. Only three classes with multiple trees (most of which sounded just like WoW or DnD4 anyway) wasn't really that amazing to me. The graphics were nice, but I had to turn them ALL THE WAY DOWN in order to play without chugging.

If I wanted to play a game like that... I'd just play WoW. Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    One less person to make my WoW experience less enjoyable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Deleted
    welcome back to wow in a couple of weeks/months

I decided to give it a whirl as well, but I did not get a chance to do the BETA (had a key but never bothered to try). I like the idea of starting from a totally clean slate without perceived notions of elitists and scrubs like WoW has due to being out for years. I am hoping the theorycrafters don't ruin it right away. I'm not sure if I'm "defecting" but I've been disillusioned lately with WoW so it might a welcome change.

With 38 posts, I'll sure miss another pillar of the community

Moved to the correct forum.

Deleted
    Nobody cares rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gneisha View Post
    It's a cute game, but to me it's really just too much like WoW for me to up and leave my 3 85s. I put too much work into WoW to leave for a game that reminds me of it.

Although AoE looting is pimp.
    I really don't understand people who make that comment, you play games becuse you enjoy them, not because you feel like you should play them because of your past "effort".

To your second comment though - yes, it is.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acousticferret View Post
    Rift looks good, thats about it. The fact that you can basically be an arms warrior with pally heals who casts fireballs is stupid. I promise it will get old just like it did for me 30 min into beta. Go look at rift forums, its alllllllllllll complaining.
    When I played it I was ok,let's see it,did the first quests,thought they were stupid even dumber that the old wow starting zone quests,then when I had to choose a class and become a hunter that could also be a healer I decided the game it's not for me.

No matter how bad wow will become it won't be as bad as rift in my eyes,I even tried playing Aion when it first appeared and it wasn't as bad as this one.

is there a trial for RIFT yet?
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

c[_]

^ This is my care cup.

...it is empty.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.