Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Armor switching as fire for heavy raid damage situations.

Would it be a valuable tool to switch to mage armor during certain fights to ease the healing when damage isn't needed as much at the same time.

I'm thinking about things like Nezir's ultimate, Nefatrian's electrocute and other predictable spikes of damage.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

You cant change armor during combat. only weapons

Deleted
    What Takolin meant was/is the "mage selfbuff armor", not the actual gear..............I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably depends on how much you trust your healers.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

Quote Originally Posted by kcsaenz View Post
    mage armor not your toons armor.

OT I would go with just using mana shield over trying to pick up a few more resistance points myself but Im sure armor switching with that could be a good combo in a few situations.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

If only you read the first 11 freakin' words of OP's post. "Would it be a valuable tool to switch to MAGE ARMOR"...

Anyways, to answer your question, OP... If there's predictable spike damage and no tight Enrage timer... definitely. DPSers should be doing everything possible to ease the healer's jobs up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BullzRulez View Post
    What Takolin meant was/is the "mage selfbuff armor", not the actual gear..............I think
    Mage armor is the resistance armor that you see Arc mages running around in its more defensive then say molten which most fire and frost dps in.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

does it even stack with other resistance buffs such as shamans totem or pallys aura?

Quote Originally Posted by provocator View Post
    does it even stack with other resistance buffs such as shamans totem or pallys aura?
    Yes, yes it does.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

successful troll is successful.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Yes, yes it does.
    so it can be worth switching if your healers have a really bad time during heavy dmg phases BUT only if your group is doing enough dps to down the boss. otherwise stick to molten armor because 5% crit is a very nice buff.

I personally switch to mage armor during crackles on nerfarian, and I keep mage armor all thorough phase 2 where we're taking constant damage, only switching when pushing nef for a crackle. I was doubtful at first, but whenI saw crackles deal something like 20-30k less damage, I felt like the deeps loss was easily worth it since the fight is controlled dps for a large portion of it anyway. IE the damage meter is skewed, IE you don't look too bad.

Deleted
    Dunno it would matter that much for healers, even if you had three mages out of 25 people in raid do it. In Cataclysm 10mans though it might be reasonable.

Deleted
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this one killed me

Pretty much the only time I change armors mid-fight is when the raid isnt ready to push the next phase yet..

Like during P2 of Nefarian..if the add on my platform is dead and we're not ready to push a crackle, I switch to mage armor to regen a bit of mana and yes the resistance. Otherwise.. I don't think its worth changing from Molten->Mage armor if you're still casting spells

15+ Year Old Account
    The damage reduced by the extra resistance isn't worth the GCDs caused by switching armor twice. Theoretically, the damage lost during that period could extend the fight by enough to cause healers to use more mana due to more potential damage incoming. Ice Block is different since it's only one GCD for complete damage immunity, which outweighs the potential lost damage.
    BfA Beta Time

changing it only on transition on council and on nef/chim when we have to stop dps to smooth transition/crackle etc

You're funny! I like you

15+ Year Old Account
    OP was talking about mage armor and of course you can also change left hands and relics.

The Tol Barad trinket, Mirror of Broken Images, with its 400 resist on a 1 minute cooldown is pretty awesome, but odds are, if you're dying to electrocute, others are too, and your Cauterize would catch those deaths anyway. I'd really only consider the TB trinket for the twilight realm in V+T heroic and Heroic Nef if you have Cinders, but even then you can block Cinders. V+T's twilight realm also has been nerfed significantly too. I really wouldn't recommend picking it up for your purposes, nor using Mage Armor, but I figured I should throw it out there. Cauterize will be just fine for Electrocute.