Thread: What to Reforge

What to Reforge

I'm a feral tank and I'm just wondering what I should reforge to hit, expertise, mastery, or dodge. I currently have been reforging for hit and expertise, but not sure if I should reforge for those or gem or what.

my character is named Bearrelroll and is on Dragonmaw US

easy way to find out, Go to www.askmrrobot.com. that will tell you what you need to do with the current gear you have equipped. It will tell you what enchants, gems, and reforging you need to do to optimize your toon.

Reforge to dodge. Get rid of haste first, then expertise past 26, then hit, then expertise below 26, then crit, then mastery.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-03-05 at 12:23 AM.

askmrrobot has it gem and reforge into stats that aren't hit and expertise. Aren't those 2 stats pretty much needed at 8%/26 before you raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Reforge to dodge. Get rid haste first, then expertise past 26, then hit, then expertise below 26, then crit, then mastery.
    No, no, no, no, no. A million times, no. Do not focus on expertise soft cap, or hit. Hit only matters when you need to interrupt, which is pretty much only in ten man raiding, do not reforge for this, just swap a few items. Expertise soft cap is equal to crit, but there is only ONE epic item that has expertise and mastery. The rest of our gear is almost all "crit/mastery." Dodge > mastery > crit = expertise soft cap (26) > expertise > hit > haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    No, no, no, no, no. A million times, no. Do not focus on expertise soft cap, or hit. Hit only matters when you need to interrupt, which is pretty much only in ten man raiding, do not reforge for this, just swap a few items. Expertise soft cap is equal to crit, but there is only ONE epic item that has expertise and mastery. The rest of our gear is almost all "crit/mastery." Dodge > mastery > crit = expertise soft cap (26) > expertise > hit > haste.
    Read carefully, I listed the stats in order of which to GET RID of them. Exactly the same order you listed, only in reverse.
    Thanks for agreeing with me though, even though you didn't realize it.

Such aggressive posting yet so little reading comprehension... it makes me a sad panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Phobicpanda View Post
    askmrrobot has it gem and reforge into stats that aren't hit and expertise. Aren't those 2 stats pretty much needed at 8%/26 before you raid?
    Expertise and hit are really only useful as threat stats (and to a lesser extent for SD uptime) and your threat should be fine without reforging for them. Currently 8% hit is also needed to be able to reliably interrupt a raid boss since they fixed the Skull Bash bug but patch 4.1 will change it back to interrupts never missing.
    Last edited by Lackluster; 2011-03-05 at 12:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Read carefully, I listed the stats in order of which to GET RID of them. Exactly the same order you listed, only in reverse.
    Thanks for agreeing with me though, even though you didn't realize it.

Such aggressive posting yet so little reading comprehension... it makes me a sad panda.
    Wow, such a passive-aggressive, personal attack post, sorry that your post was confusing, where mine is quite clear, and to the point.
    Last edited by Mystile; 2011-03-05 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Wow, such a passive-aggressive, personal attack post, sorry that your post was confusing, where mine is quite clear, and to the point.
    While unfortunately you are entitled to your opinion, you shouldn't blame your own faults (in this case misunderstanding a simple post) on others.
    There's really no need to derail a thread because you are disagreeing with correct information, only leading to further confusion.

While some may consider stat priorities in the form of "A > B > C" concise, the OP asked specifically which stats to reforge, a question which your post didn't directly answer. I wouldn't exactly call an indirect answer clear or to the point.
    After all, if stat weights and the likes of simcraft are all you need, you wouldn't look beyond ElitistJerks or your own simulations.

Reforge haste and crit to dodge. Haste is the least important b/t haste and crit. Mastery is second most important after dodge. Dont reforge mastery to dodge, leave it alone.

Phobic, you can also check out the support tool on Mr. Robot built specifically for bear tanks, it will tell you with YOUR gear what stats are best. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/tools/robomaul

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Phobic, you can also check out the support tool on Mr. Robot built specifically for bear tanks, it will tell you with YOUR gear what stats are best. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/tools/robomaul
    Have you guys fixed the whole 4pc bonus thing yet?