Boomkin issues or human issues ?

So, with my gear us_battle_net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/duhkitty/advanced )
    and my world of logs
    www_worldoflogs_com/reports/95cpysavdqcgpoqq/

can anyone explain why im only doing 13.5k dps on a target dummy for 15minutes? but even using wrathcalc or simcraft, it says i should be doing 20k dps? >_<
    i don't get it, i read the stickies on Elitisjerks, here and even on Calculated page, and i don't know what im doing wrong.
    only time i do good is when i have alot of adds.

anyone can explain or can give me cues?
    am i perhaps miss understanding what kind of damage a boomkin should do, like, are we single target or multi target? are all the druids on state of dps doing multi targets?

thank you =D

( SOrry, i am unable to post links still.)
    p.p.s

( Sorry if i ask alot of question, im just frustrated)
    Last edited by duhbear; 2011-03-09 at 08:40 AM.

Your biggest increase from gear would be to buy the T11 chest. It really hurts to see you with the T11 shoulder and not having 4p. There's no excuse for not having it.
    Otherwise, gear, enchants, gems and spec are fine, so this is a "human issue". (Except for GoFocus, you should remove that.)

Looking at your logs, it looks like you are not casting back-to-back. On Halfus, you only cast 12 Starsurges, 3x Starfall (+ range issues due to GoFocus), 28x Wrath... looks a bit semi-afk for me. On Theralion, again only 4x Starfall in 7 minutes, and each only hitting 10 stars (again glyph issue).
    Also, your DoT uptime is pretty low, only about 70-80% for both. This should be close to 100%.
    Can't say much to your rotation since this is hard to see from these multi-target fights.

Aswell as the points in the post above i imagine in your fights like valiona and theralion you weren't multi dotting. Putting your dots up on the target you aren't actively dpsing is a huge dps buff. It may be useful for you to use a dot tracking timer if you aren't already.

for the chest im 400 valor short ,and i just got the shoulders. tonight., i'll get it tomorow when we finish bwd.

So, my biggest issues seems to be dot uptime, for but the back to back, perhaps it's a lag issue or a spell queuing issue?

Is having 100-200ms world can cause the logs to show as if im not casting enough?

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 10:21 AM ----------

thank you for your time Thalur and Remortal, it's appreciated. i'll look into what im doing wrong and back to target dummy here i go.

As Thalur says, this surely looks like human error.
    I was using Focus Glyph myself for a while, but I just found it annoying to have to reposition myself in order for the spell to hit what I want it to hit.
    It's such a powerful spell, that the glyph is probably just nerfing your damage more than it helps.
    I am now using Glyph of Monsoon instead, together with the Minor Glyph, Glyph of Typhoon.
    These glyphs however, are not gonna boost your dps from 13k to 20k.

You're doing below 13k dps on Valiona&Theralion. Which is why I reacted to this post.
    Are you dotting both dragons? If not, start doing that and your dps will skyrocket for next time you go there
    I have a logg here you can check out if you want: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2.../?s=927&e=1213
    (Note: This is to show Thread starter that he's doing something wrong, not for personal glory, as I had 4x Engulfing magic and could probably do even more damage than I did)

Oh and you're logged out in PvP gear, is this the best gear you got? If so, no wonder you're doing only 13k ^^
    Last edited by Hierty; 2011-03-09 at 10:49 AM.

Ok first of all wrathcalc or simcraft or whatever shows your dps in a full buffed raid situation so you cant realy compare that with a dummy fight. Second if the number of your casts are as low as Thalur wrote (i didnt bother to check) maby you should spend more time on dummies learning you rotation, making it perfect, teaching it to your muscles like Qieth says in his guide. Any way its hard to say what your dps should be because of the pvp items. You realy shouldnt have problems after reading and understanding Qieths and EJ guides, didnt read Calculated guide but he makes sense in his posts so its probably good also.
    Former BOOMkin bad ass...

Ahhh crap, yeah I was doing tb dailies, but I'll log in my pve set, I got bis everything for normal raid except back and a ring.
    So the trick is to multidot. So for a single target figth like atremedes or chimaron, what kind of dps a full ilvl359 shOuld be doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Did they ever fix the starfall not hitting dummies thing? That would count for a lot, particularly with your glyphs. Other than that its probably some human error (keep in mind wrathcalcs gives the theoretical goal, if you screw up once or twice your dps won't be perfect) and buffs or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by duhbear View Post
    So the trick is to multidot. So for a single target figth like atremedes or chimaron, what kind of dps a full ilvl359 shOuld be doing?
    As soon as you have 4p, you should be able to break 20k on Argaloth (Chimaeron/Atramedes a bit less due to mechanics). This also depends on your buffs / group comp. of course.
    As for the casting, no, this has nothing to do with lag. The questions are: Are you queuing your spells? (= casting the next one before the last has finished) Do you have addons that alert you on Starsurge procs and Starfall readiness? Do you align your trinkets with your dots? Do you have clear visual tracking of your remaining dot time?