Omnotron Poison Bomb

So went into BWD tonight after BoT, went into Omnotron and on Toxitron adds went to ice trap as usual but comes up IMMUNE! Is this a bug or has blizzard done this on purpose!

Why do you try to trap them? Just kill them, they don't need to be slowed

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bad troll is bad?

If you were serious with your question then: it should be FROST trap that you lay down, not ice

EDIT: as Azrok said, you don't really even need to slow them (but it helps). Kiting them through the poison smoke/cloud the Toxitron drops also damages the slimes.

is there a root effect that you talant into for that? i dont think they hotfixed them to be immune to slows.
    http://owlkinbf.blogspot.com/Theory is where good ideas come from. Practice is where good players come from.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Chains of Ice, Piercing Howl(If you have a DK or Fury warrior). Have your melee spread out when they come out then hop on them(If the are not picked of course) and they are dead pretty quick.
    Last edited by Papabull; 2011-03-09 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Hit6 View Post
    Bad troll is bad?

If you were serious with your question then: it should be FROST trap that you lay down, not ice

EDIT: as Azrok said, you don't really even need to slow them (but it helps). Kiting them through the poison smoke/cloud the Toxitron drops also damages the slimes.
    Not really smart to insist to kite them through poison clouds. You might end up with a Death Grip right while the add is crawling around it and then boom, everyone dies. And melee won't be able to dps them if you kite them through poison clouds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just did the fight last night on Heroic and they are still slowable with Ice Trap (the one that leaves behind a frost patch on the ground).

You are talented for rooting traps. They might be immune to roots.

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 07:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Not really smart to insist to kite them through poison clouds. You might end up with a Death Grip right while the add is crawling around it and then boom, everyone dies. And melee won't be able to dps them if you kite them through poison clouds.
    Good points, but not everyone is doing the fight on heroic right now.

Ice Trap
    30 sec cooldown
    Place a frost trap that creates an ice slick around itself for 30 sec when the first enemy approaches it. All enemies within 10 yards will be slowed by 50% while in the area of effect. Trap will exist for 1 min.
    Yes I do have a root on my traps and other slows seems to work fine. I noticed that on magmaw near the end that the graphic for my trap wasn't showing but I'm pretty sure on Omnotron they weren't getting slowed... hmm maybe I made a mistake and they are getting slowed but just can't see the trap. But yeah it didn't seem like they were getting slowed by it.
    Last edited by Sharissa; 2011-03-09 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharissa View Post
    Yes I do have a root on my traps and other slows seems to work fine. I noticed that on magmaw near the end that the graphic for my trap wasn't showing but I'm pretty sure on Omnotron they weren't getting slowed... hmm maybe I made a mistake and they are getting slowed but just can't see the trap. But yeah it didn't seem like they got slowed by it.
    Where'd you place the trap? I usually do it under toxitron. Also make sure you don't use the trap too early!

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

I place it under him when the adds are spawning. Have had no trouble doing it this way for the past 12 weeks.

Are you sure you hadn't turned projected textures off? Because I do that for Magmaw heroic (since it's absolutely impossible to see anything - namely the meteors and pillars - through the spam healing circles on the ground), and silly me thought that the parasites were immune to my trap because I couldn't see the texture on the ground.

Oh seriously fml can I delete this lol. I'm blonde, it's 3am and I'm tired lol... and now I feel like such an idiot. No need to say what I've done /sadface

Oh seriously fml can I delete this lol. I'm blonde, it's 3am and I'm tired lol... and now I feel like such an idiot. No need to say what I've done /sadface
    Happens to the best of us. I hate how trap launcher isnt off gcd personally. Screws me over.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Closed it for you.