Nefarian:Clarification on P2 Adds

It is my understanding that killing all 3 adds at the same time is no longer a necessity during P2. It is now balanced around 3 minutes total for P2 or all adds being dead (whichever comes first). With that said it appeared during our last week attempts (and previous I believe) that they ARE still linked. This was over the course of multiple attempts in which P2 appeared to only last around 2 minutes or so. At this point I am just looking for some clarification on which is true. Neither option is truly difficult, but holding a single mob at health is obviously much easier so please let me know what you have seen. Sorry if this has been brought up previously as I dug through some searches and didn't come up with anything.
    Last edited by Barawr; 2011-05-19 at 04:39 PM.

They aren't linked, it's 3 minutes of p2 or you kill all the adds before the time is up. We leave one alive on the platform with the most reliable interrupter and it always goes well.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

I don't ever remember the adds being linked. We usually killed two rather quick and had the 3rd sit at roughly 10% hp until nef starts to come down on his own. Then we kill that last add while the lava is receding.

Quote Originally Posted by haybusa View Post
    I don't ever remember the adds being linked. We usually killed two rather quick and had the 3rd sit at roughly 10% hp until nef starts to come down on his own. Then we kill that last add while the lava is receding.
    They were never linked, except maybe in beta.

I am The Horde - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by SeaKitten View Post
    those two ads for wow.. the one with the ugly dumb Gnome and Goblin dancing really stupid like.. it made my rage so hard i personally now will never play this game EVER again yes because of those two stupid ads i will never play this game.

Ok. Maybe my internal clock was just off, but P2 seemed incredibly fast compared to our first kill. I know on our first kill we did exactly what you said in which two were killed and one was held, but it just wasn't going that way for us recently. Thanks for the feedback.

Doing too much damage to Nefarian will also trigger a landing.

Are you sure of that? I haven't read anything about P3 beginning if Nef reaches a certain health %.

Quote Originally Posted by Barawr View Post
    Are you sure of that? I haven't read anything about P3 beginning if Nef reaches a certain health %.
    I'm not sure if it's a set % health or a set amount of damage while he's in the air, but I'm pretty sure it's one of those.
    Last edited by MatsT; 2011-03-08 at 09:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatsT View Post
    I'm not sure if it's a set % health or a set amount of damage while he's in the air, but I'm pretty sure it's either of those.
    15% to Nef in phase 2 causes him to land.
    That's why the achievement of "getting nef below 50% before phase 2 ends" took so long, as you had to burn him down 35% in phase 1 to do it.

Just did Nefarian last night, we had a wipe due to our dps on one of our pillars dying during the lava-rise and wasn't able to kill that add within the 3-minute timer.

Simply told raid to just last the 3 minutes and it will despawn.. but.. once P3 started the add never despawned and proceeded to blast nova us to death even after Nefarian was positioned. Not sure if it was changed or if this was a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    That's why the achievement of "getting nef below 50% before phase 2 ends" took so long, as you had to burn him down 35% in phase 1 to do it.
    Ah, I gotcha now. I thought he was saying if Nef reached a certain % of health, but it's once 15% of Nef's health is gone no matter what he begins at in P2.

Quote Originally Posted by saphka View Post
    Just did Nefarian last night, we had a wipe due to our dps on one of our pillars dying during the lava-rise and wasn't able to kill that add within the 3-minute timer.

Simply told raid to just last the 3 minutes and it will despawn.. but.. once P3 started the add never despawned and proceeded to blast nova us to death even after Nefarian was positioned. Not sure if it was changed or if this was a bug.
    Adds never despawn. If there are adds still alive when Nef comes down, they stay up until you kill them, simple as that.

---------- Post added 2011-03-08 at 11:54 PM ----------

Anything to back that up? It sure didn't seem that way while we were pushing 2 Electrocutes in P2.

I'm not saying I don't belive you or anything, I just want to see some evidence of this. That, or I have to pay more attention next week.

Edit: Nevermind, you were spot on. Was reading wowhead's comments about the achievement.
    Last edited by ekhie; 2011-03-09 at 12:01 AM.

Are there any sources giving out this information other than from players who have discovered it? I'm surprised this isn't listed with the details on Wowwiki and other similar overall strategy sites.

Edit: Reason being is I wanted to link some info to the guildies.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    The adds are linked in the heroic version of the encounter, though.

Deleted
    Normal mode: All dead = Phase three starts OR after something like 2 minutes.

Heroic mode: One add dead = Phase three starts.