Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    hehe you can clear see his healing spikes with archangel
    Ahhh...you have to be very careful when looking at logs, most of the time you have to dig a little deep to find what you are looking for. Most of the peak healing shown for Chimaeron was due to Lightwell use, which is usually the case with a well trained group during a fued. When I looked at the Halfus log here is what I noticed. There was one use of Archangel, with five total smites done. Archangel was popped at 20:20:29.332 and the HPS peaked at 22K. There were two other occasions where his HPS peaked higher, one time at 30K, another at 31K but that was under heroism, but neither were under the influence of Archangel. I'll look at more of the fights later.

There are differences between 10 man normal and 25 man heroic encounters. For example on Halfus, the damage from the very beginning can be extremely high on the entire raid, therefore, I would never see being able to get 5 smites in on that fight, really at any time.

I really appreciate you linking your logs though Mega, thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariahna View Post
    Ahhh...you have to be very careful when looking at logs, most of the time you have to dig a little deep to find what you are looking for. Most of the peak healing shown for Chimaeron was due to Lightwell use, which is usually the case with a well trained group during a fued. When I looked at the Halfus log here is what I noticed. There was one use of Archangel, with five total smites done. Archangel was popped at 20:20:29.332 and the HPS peaked at 22K. There were two other occasions where his HPS peaked higher, one time at 30K, another at 31K but that was under heroism, but neither were under the influence of Archangel. I'll look at more of the fights later.
    To be honest, the extra healing can be nice - but on the normal encounters i've done so far (11/12) the 15% healing doesn't make or break it.

I really appreciate you linking your logs though Mega, thank you very much.
    No worries You'll see that I hardly ever use AA on more recent raid attempts

10+ Year Old Account
    The difference between normal and heroic encounters from a healing perspective is rather steep. If you step into a regular version of a bossfight after having done it on heroic, you start to question whether your initial memories of being clusterfucked were true or just figments of your imagination. I suppose everything is relative though, and as you become more comfortable with a fight it just feels like it was never a challenge to begin with

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Themegatron View Post
    To be honest, the extra healing can be nice - but on the normal encounters i've done so far (11/12) the 15% healing doesn't make or break it.

No worries You'll see that I hardly ever use AA on more recent raid attempts
    Yeah, and it really sucks if you have to move from someting like fireball barrage, steam, or other random target abilities right after you pop it.

I know this is horribly off-topic, but as far as I can tell all the other multi-role classes kept their stickies but us, so why can't we? :/
    It's just lame -_-"

Need moar stikiez

Warriors and Death Knights are down to 4, Druids have 5 guides and a blogroll. Shaman is a little top heavy, but I don't think they were on when Bibi told us to be cutting down.

And Paladins are dicks.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Deleted
    I couldnt find the hol archangel thread I was looking for so I'm just gonna post my info here, though most of it's obvious, just wanna share my thoughts.

I've been running with Archangel build since chimaeron heroic (which was our second heroic). The talent is somewhat situational yes, but from the 8 heroic bosses we've killed only 2 have very limited use for it (Halfus, Atramedes). Fights like Mawmag might sound bad for it, but you can get archangel for every lava spew after head phase for example, also as we are running with 6 to 8 healers on most fights I can leave the small healing for them. The best part is you dont really lose anything, apart from 1 point in darkness.

Logs can be found at worldoflogs / guilds/19081/ . I, Hebuba, have with archangel build on every log that can be found in those reports (If im not disc).

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, am incredibly excited for the "endless" Chakra. It is, essentially, no different from the way it is now because 100% uptime is possible either way. But, until I'm incredibly comfortable in all of the encounters of the instances, I don't have the focus to pay attention to keeping my Chakra up constantly. I have the "I'd rather aim my focus at dodging the stoofz I'm supposed to rather than..." mentality (while I'm still getting used to the encounters).

Having 100% uptime on the Chakra is going to increase my performance a lot because I can hardly ever bring myself to have 100% Chakra uptime manually. Call me lazy, but I'm going to be lovin' it!

Binding Heal/Surge of Light: I personally don't find myself needing to use Binding Heal a lot, so I don't really have an opinion on the change.

Holy Word: Sanctuary: I have had many situations (like the Ascendant Council Trash) where people think my Sanctuary is actually something to move OUT of, so the new animation AND the 35% healing increase is definitely going to make me a happy priest.

Inner Fire/Inner Will: Eh.

Dispel Magic: Don't PVP, so Eh.

There's been too many times where I never die and go into a fight and Inner Fire expires! Hooray! And Chakra just makes life easier, although I miss the 30/30 Chakra :P
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    I miss the 30/30 Chakra :P
    30/30 Chakra 4 live.
    As for the rest of the changes, I generally agree when Blizzard changes things, but I'm still cautious about the Sanctuary change.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    30/30 Chakra 4 live.
    As for the rest of the changes, I generally agree when Blizzard changes things, but I'm still cautious about the Sanctuary change.
    As am I. But if all they did was remove Echo, and instead front-load the healing, it would be enough of a mechanics update. So I can go into this patch feeling a little better about my Holy spec, knowing that a week into 4.2, we're not seeing a 10% direct nerf to Prayer and Circle.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    I never did get everyone's fascination with 30/30 chakra. At best, it was a clever facade for more intuitive gameplay. The fact remains that you could still have optimal uptime on chakra with a point or two in state of mind. To me, removing it just removed the mask and gave us what chakra really was all along.

---------- Post added 2011-04-25 at 04:25 PM ----------

Let me add, however, that it did keep me on my feet more and it was a bit more enjoyable

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

I'll give HW: Sanctuary a shot tomorrow as well, just to see what the buff looks like in practice. I still think it will remain a highly situational spell and usually not worth the mana, but analyzing the numbers tomorrow will help determine that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll give HW: Sanctuary a shot tomorrow as well, just to see what the buff looks like in practice. I still think it will remain a highly situational spell and usually not worth the mana, but analyzing the numbers tomorrow will help determine that.
    In the end it all depends on playstyle and how many mana cooldowns you are getting, as well raid comp (number of healers). However, if you ever end a fight with mana, then there are always places that can be improved. Its definitely an hps increase; whether you can sustain using it without hurting you spells elsewhere is the determining factor every individual priest must consider.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-04-26 at 03:35 AM.

16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Deleted
    IF you have more than 35% mastery then sanc is gonna be healing less overall in the patch tomorrow right? just hypothetically

15+ Year Old Account
    OK so please explain more because my brain is not functioning yet this morning.

If Chakra is lasting until cancelled and I am raid healing using Sanctuary, but something happens and I want to use Serenity, do I need to cancel Chakra then re-apply and use Serenity?

Sounds nuts but really I cannot think today

Also does anyone think a respec is in order? If so post what you are thinking.
    Zift

I think the only change we will really see is that the need to refresh Chakra is gone. You can still change to Chakra Serenity from Sanctuary when the cooldown is up, just like in the past. You just don't have to be sure to cast a corresponding spell to maintain your state before the 1 minute duration runs out. I hope that makes sense.

I don't anticipate a spec change myself. I still won't take State of Mind or Tome of Light because I don't tank heal or run 5 mans enough, and I don't use Sanctuary enough to warrant the points there. I will be testing out the buff to Sanctuary tonight to see what kinds of numbers I get, but if it is still around 2-3 HPM, I probably still won't use it but on rare occasions. I understand some people have multiple mana tides, and what they call boomkin "innervate bitches" but I have one mana tide, and I don't expect innervates in order to waste mana on a spell with such bad HPM, afterall, that's the reason we don't spam Flash heal right now. But that's a decision every holy priest has to make for themselves based on their raid and gear level.

One thing I do need to do tonight is to revisit my macros. I had a few macros written with "/cast Chakra" in them to help me maintain high levels of Chakra state uptime that are not necessary now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had a few macros written with "/cast Chakra" in them to help me maintain high levels of Chakra state uptime that are not necessary now.
    Same. It may have been frowned upon but the refresh mechanic wasn't fun to manage.

Deleted
    Is this where I say I LOVE playing holy, lots more than disc or shadow? Cant wait for the Holy Word: Sanctuary buff, maybe I can push some nice numbers during Maloriak10HC red phase and Chimaeron10HC feud

Oh and by the way, don't underestimate renew, glad someone told me to l2p and use renew more, because it's freaking awesome in Chakra:Sanctuary .

I'm glad you are enjoying Renew.

Just keep in mind, if the buff to Sanctuary goes live as it was on the PTR, it's really not a 35% buff. The EoL hot was removed from this heal, so the buff will really depend on the amount of mastery you run with. The more mastery you have, the smaller the buff will be.

P.S. Maybe someday we will see HW: Sanctuary affected by haste, but I'm not holding my breath. As we gear up through the tiers, this spell, especially since it's no longer affected by mastery either, will become worse and worse. On the positive side, removing the EoL component will allow for easier tweaking of the spell in the future if Blizzard decides it needs it.
    Last edited by Ariahna; 2011-04-26 at 03:56 PM.