Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OverClokx View Post
    Arguably, 15seconds is a very short duration especially for pvp. If you consider coming out of the gates in an arena, and PW:Sing a target for let's say 30k. In 15 seconds, if that shield pops, you can immediately re-shield them, giving them a pseudohealth of 60k+their base HP+mitigation, increasing the target's survivability that much more.
    I don't know what kind of gear you have, but I wish I could have a 60,000 PW: Shield.

as with every class, if you overgear the content you will cruise through it. however, disc priests must at least slightly overgear content to clear it now. I was able to heal heroic on my pally, shaman, and druid at 85 meeting the simple 333 ilevel requirement. my priest, once he obtained a gearscore of 349, was able to roll a heroic in the same fashion... disc sucks. holy is opd. nuff said really?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    I don't know what kind of gear you have, but I wish I could have a 60,000 PW: Shield.
    I was referring to instantly shielding them as soon as the duration of PW:S had ended, giving them another instant PW:S with no reduction in the post-15 second duration of WS. With the new change to PW:S duration, this is not possible.

I left my disc priest at 80. I hope things pick up soon so I actually want to play it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe that they should increase the HPS for all the Discipline Priest and bring them in line with other healers, because seriously our HPS is very behind other healers. If Blizzard wants to move Discipline Priests away from PW: Shield spam then they need to make it so that our HPS is completely underwhelming compared to PW: Shield. And the buff to Atonement is just rather like a band-aid on a giant gushing wound. Personally I find spending 5 talent points for Archangel too steep for the benefits. If they made the defensive ticks of Penance stack Evangelism, then nobody would ever actually make up the Atonement talent.
    We are behind? Why my recount shows other things.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

15 second shields will make keeping converted mages alive on H:Cho'gall slightly more timing sensitive, I guess? Everything else feels pretty meh. The 3 minute CD on PWB makes sense to me, it's a pretty significant raid damage cooldown even with the positioning requirements.

We might have to work slightly harder for our absolute dominance on healing meters. Boo friggin' hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Recount never accurately shows discipline's true healing capability.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    Our HPS with absorbs are higher than other healers however our pure HPS discounting Absorbs are lower than other healers. If Blizzard wants Discipline Priests to not spam PW: Shield, then they need to increase the HPS of our pure healing spells. The HPS of PW: Shield will always be higher because of the way that the Discipline Tree is designed with the overabundance of talents and mastery completely dedicated to the spell.

---------- Post added 2011-03-11 at 05:07 PM ----------

I was referring to instantly shielding them as soon as the duration of PW:S had ended, giving them another instant PW:S with no reduction in the post-15 second duration of WS. With the new change to PW:S duration, this is not possible.
    That would still require a 30000 shield in PvP, which I do not see many priests being able to obtain even with full mastery and epic PvP gear.
    Last edited by Suzaku; 2011-03-11 at 05:08 PM.

Deleted
    Arguably, 15seconds is a very short duration especially for pvp. If you consider coming out of the gates in an arena, and PW:Sing a target for let's say 30k. In 15 seconds, if that shield pops, you can immediately re-shield them, giving them a pseudohealth of 60k+their base HP+mitigation, increasing the target's survivability that much more.
    Shields drop when the gates open so not really a big deal surely?

Meters in general are biased towards disc healing. The reason bubble spamming disc priests stay on top is because they get to "heal" the person first before anyone else has an opportunity to do so. It's like when one healer is casting Greater Heal on a target and you immediately Flash Heal the same target just so you get credited for the heal.

I'm much more concerned with mana efficiency and more importantly, was it necessary to pre-shield or could the other healers have easily covered the damage that would otherwise have been inflicted?

Quote Originally Posted by Azelric View Post
    If you have the gear to support it maybe? In my gear (I'm working on Al'Akir/Neferion Normal, 10-man strict) bubbles eat up ~5-6% of my mana (I go from 100% mana to 94 or 95% mana when I cast it) Sure, rapture offsets that a bit, but If I try to spam that on 4+ people, my mana gets destroyed unless I'm being fed innervates and mana-tides.

Sadly I feel the complete opposite on what disc needs. I feel like TOO much of disc is healing based. I LIKE bubbles, and I think DA is a good concept, but it's very hit-or-miss depending on the fight. As it stands I feel like we could use another "mini" cooldown or something. I simply constantly feel like I dont have a button I'd really really like to have to keep up with the rest of the healers I run with. Then again, I'm doing fine on the meters so maybe not, but I constantly feel like I dont have an "Oh-S***" button I'd really like to have.

All in all, considering I dont use an AA build (I *hate* AA), this patch is basically an all around nerf for me.
    If you're spamming bubbles on 4 people at a time on Nefarian on anything but phase 2, you're doing it wrong, just saying. I play disc and we're just working on nefarian 10 at the moment and i'm not having that many issues going into phase 3 and that's with solo healing the onyxia tank + raid healing as well

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    If you're spamming bubbles on 4 people at a time on Nefarian on anything but phase 2, you're doing it wrong, just saying. I play disc and we're just working on nefarian 10 at the moment and i'm not having that many issues going into phase 3 and that's with solo healing the onyxia tank + raid healing as well
    I would, honestly, love to see your logs/character. Phase 2 DESTROYS my mana. I have no issues phase 1, but I drop from 80% to ~20% in phase 2, and I am only on a 3 platform. I can not fathom keeping 4 up as disc on that fight with my gear. I have no idea how you'd do it. There is no other fight that I have SUCH mana issues on. We push no crackles or anything. It just boggles my mind as to what I'm doing wrong.

Any maybe my issues with disc ATM are a L2P issue, but I consider myself a fairly well educated and intelligent human being and at least a relatively skilled player. I'm not sure WHAT I am missing, but I'd love to get some feedback on what others are doing to avoid mana issues? I just feel like I dont have the throughput in some cases when I need to keep up 3-5 people from heavy damage for a longer period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelric View Post
    I would, honestly, love to see your logs/character. Phase 2 DESTROYS my mana. I have no issues phase 1, but I drop from 80% to ~20% in phase 2, and I am only on a 3 platform. I can not fathom keeping 4 up as disc on that fight with my gear. I have no idea how you'd do it. There is no other fight that I have SUCH mana issues on. We push no crackles or anything. It just boggles my mind as to what I'm doing wrong.

Any maybe my issues with disc ATM are a L2P issue, but I consider myself a fairly well educated and intelligent human being and at least a relatively skilled player. I'm not sure WHAT I am missing, but I'd love to get some feedback on what others are doing to avoid mana issues? I just feel like I dont have the throughput in some cases when I need to keep up 3-5 people from heavy damage for a longer period of time.
    I heal the Nef tank and throw some raid heals as well in P1, and usually end with 90-100% mana going into P2 after taking a concentration pot right at the transition (also use SF in P1). If I'm nearly topped off before the conc pot, I'll pre-shield my platform's group and throw a PoM, then pop the conc pot to mitigate most of the lava damage while mounting the platform.

P2 can be draining, but a few things can help. I have 4 on my platform, but make it a point to be sure that we're all in the same party to make PoH viable. A few prayers at the beginning should get people up to mostly full unless they took their time getting out of the lava. At that point, keep PW:S on rapture CD throwing it on the lowest member, keep PoM on CD the same way, BH when you and another can both fully benefit from the healing, and PoH when 3-4 of you are dipping. This should be enough to generally keep things stabilized well, and when you can, try to land Heal on people to keep Grace spread as much as possible to increase HPS/HPM of your other heals. When crackle is imminent, if people are dangerously low, shield the group or drop a barrier (if you're not saving it for the early crackle in P3). PI your PoH's to bring the group back up afterwards. Unless RNG is sending a really heavy number of barrages to my platform, I usually emerge with at least 1/2 and as much as 2/3 of my mana pool, and have had, but even on unlucky phases am able to make it out ok and prepared to keep up the nef tank at that point.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-ap82tjqw6dahzt3f/

Nefarian isn't really a fight where you will see giant numbers as a healer since you're mostly tank healing. I solo heal the onyxia tank during the entire phase 1. I do use atonement since it's very useful to get my mana back while stabilizing the tanks health in between the power word shields, greater heals and penances. During phase 1 you should only be shielding the tank and the kiters if they're taking some heavy hits. During the first wave of crackles before phase 2, make sure you hit the raid with a barrier to reduce the damage. Also, make sure you use shadowfiend before Onyxia dies so it can be up later on in the fight. For phase 2, I use atonement ALOT along with alot of shields, it's definitely the phase where you should be throwing shields on people that aren't the tank, keeping them up with atonement, greater heal and penance with some shields. Also, make sure you pop a mana pot while you're running to the pillar if you're not at 100%. For phase 3, the raid will be pretty low especially if you guys push a crackle during air phase so what I do is I immediately use divine hymn when I jump down to make sure everyone is topped off then I run with the tank and heal him up and when the tank is high, i build up my atonement stacks to get my AA ready for the crackle. Keep bubbling the tank, shadowfiend should be up by this time, use power infusion on every cooldown and barrier and you should be good to go
    Last edited by dalliah1; 2011-03-15 at 08:26 AM.

Thanks to the two posters above me. I dont want to derail this topic, so Im going to think on this a bit more, and I may just start a new thread if I continue to have issues.

Again, thanks guys!

As it concerns PVP, most discipline priests (AFAIK) do not take Evangelism/Atonement. Mind Spike/Mind Blast is significantly more powerful. However, with Holy Fire's damage getting buffed, and combined with Glyph of Smite, I think there's a real possibility we'll see more discipline priests using Holy Fire and Smite in PVP. I'm excited about the possibility of these two spells being viable once again.

I believe that they should increase the HPS for all the Discipline Priest and bring them in line with other healers, because seriously our HPS is very behind other healers.
    I didn't see us behind personally. I use PW:S 50% of the time and always top the charts in our 25man raids. No Innervates, maybe some mana tide totems. Top heals are PW:S, Glpyh of PW:S and Divine Aegis. Works for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TourettesHeals View Post
    I didn't see us behind personally. I use PW:S 50% of the time and always top the charts in our 25man raids. No Innervates, maybe some mana tide totems. Top heals are PW:S, Glpyh of PW:S and Divine Aegis. Works for me.
    I think he means from our direct heals and not bubbles. WTB talent points that increase the healing done by prayer of healing and i'll be happy, even with the 15 second PW:S nerf

I'm still a little worried how the PWS period nerf will effect my overall HPS but it shouldn't be too bad as long as I play smart I guess :S

Quote Originally Posted by TourettesHeals View Post
    The problem with the above meter is that your absorbs are 50% of your heal and Blizzard keeps saying they want absorbs to only constitute 30% (I can't remember the exact number) of a Discipline Priests' overall healing and the series of nerfs to PW:Shield further illustrates their intention. The only problem is that we have yet to get any compensation besides idiotic Holy Fire change.
    Last edited by Suzaku; 2011-03-16 at 09:30 PM.

The problem with the above meter is that your absorbs are 50% of your heal and Blizzard keeps saying they want absorbs to only constitute 30% (I can't remember the exact number) of a Discipline Priests' overall healing and the series of nerfs to PW:Shield further illustrates their intention. The only problem is that we have yet to get any compensation besides idiotic Holy Fire change.
    They never actually said a number, we did. What they did say was they wanted you using more of your toolkit, instead of just 85+% of your output from one button spam.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~