Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    tbh id much rather see a player in full pvp blue's, than a dude in blue boe's and greens. chances are the pvp player has a higher sense of awareness which they often have over pve players.

Deleted
    I saw a guy with pvp gear that have taken down atramedes hc yesterday was kinda suprise how could he do that? i was thinking. but now i understand he was a good player and knew what he was doing tho if he had pve gear he would make alot more dps then he did (wich would make him very nice to have with) aswell i sometimes get people inn hcs with pvp gear, the dpsers handle it fine and can do decent dps.

But when it comes to healers or tanks that got pvp gear and think resilence helps agaisnt npcs they are just wrong and die instantly as tank or cant heal up the tank becuse they missing stats etc when it comes to hard moments. but i get tierd of tanks with pvp gear thats the most annoying

thanks Regards Zyro

10+ Year Old Account
    But how else will they earn PvE gear then? O.O

GEE! I really hate it when players in PvE gear enter my battlegrounds!

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post

Win. If the player is performing, they could be wearing a pink dress and slippers. Stop complaining that it's PvP armor. Yes, resil does nothing for PvE, but know what does? That extra 200+ agil/str for the DPS classes that you get, which far, far, far, far, holy crap far outweigh the 500 haste or crit or whatever combined you'd get.

I wouldn't tank in pvp gear, but I'd like to see you top my dps in 246dungeon gear compared to me in full vicious with pve trinkets. I'm sorry but I don't think me pulling 25k+ dps on trash and 17-19k dps on bosses is slowing you down too much if so you must be getting different random groups than me, cause I'm usually on top by a wide margin.
    Last edited by Finn mac cool; 2011-03-12 at 07:50 AM.

Deleted
    The problem is ilvl is used to get a minimum requirement for PvE-content upon gear. When PvP-items have higher but half the amount of secondary stats. It's just wrong. It's kind of retarded when you see players in 346-gear looking for raid pugs, proudly stating they got "361 ilvl". The entire system is worthless for that reason alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperawr View Post

It's more like, if all PvE-gear had an "Arrrgh"-secondary stat which increased your damage inflicted on NPCs. Point is currently, PvP-players can access more difficult content than the PvE-player despite having much worse stats...

Primary stats can certainly make up for the loss of bad secondary stats in some cases, and it's not that really it matters as 5-man dungeons are faceroll either way, but it feels like a flaw in the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Lol tanking heroics in full vicious? and pulling the most dps? all at the cost having your heals need to work harder... No matter what anyone here says if you join any group and you have pvp gear.. you're still gimping the rest of the group because you aren't pulling as much as you should. Ie. Vicious Resto druid shoulders give spirit and resil... compared to spirit cirt? or spirit haste. or if you're a prot paladin! enjoy all your gear with crit/resil and haste resil... or warlocks.. crit resil and haste resil?! Such great itemization. I can see a lot of this hate is purely coming from lazy or bad players. So i'm just going to assume most of you dont mind being carried
    This isn't true for the tanks, but for the locks and healers those pieces also have a good deal more intel especially if you take 2 set + 4 set into account, so yes they are better.

my 5's arena team got bored so we did all the cata heroic achievments in vicious gear; easiest shit in the world

Our ret pally raids in viscous because to swap to PvE gear he needs heroic raid drops or he will lose dps or 4 piece t11 to make up the loss in str.

PvP gear is worse than same ilvl gear, but still pulls ahead of lower ilvl gear for PvE. PvP gear you choose what to get tho, whereas PvE you have to rely on luck for drops. Filling in green slots with pvp gear will increase your dps greatly and as thus, if your doing heroics with greens when you could use a PvP blue instead you are the one gimping your group.

If the choice is between Green gear or blue entry level gear or PvP gear. PvP gear is more desirable.

If the person is a pvper in heart, but only does the heroics for guild reputation and/or guild experience. Then I think it's unnecessary for him to get PvE gear, because he rather wouldn't play PvE but he is forced to since guild reputation and experience is seriously gimped for pvp players and guilds.
    And why should he get PvE gear to enchant and gem properly. You don't need to get pvp gear to do your PvE do you? No, I didn't think so...

And after all, heroic dungeons are shit easy with the 15% buff anyway. So as long as he doesn't stand in fire or do such basic mistakes a bit lower DPS don't really hurt. And I doubt he will stand in fire because PvP players are better cordinated than PvE players are.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Deleted
    lol you can reforge pvp gear? wow

dumb people are dumb

doesn't matter where you get the gear from, if it's better wear it

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they can do their role its perfectly fine.

i could care less if my tank & healer were 100% PvP geared.
    As long as tank holds threat, and can take a beating, Healer keeps everyone alive without Oom'ing, & DPS can still compete with others on the charts just fine.

There isn't a problem with PvP'ers queing for heroics if they can do That.

Edit: Raiding on the other hand. Entirely different story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Lol tanking heroics in full vicious? and pulling the most dps? all at the cost having your heals need to work harder... No matter what anyone here says if you join any group and you have pvp gear.. you're still gimping the rest of the group because you aren't pulling as much as you should. Ie. Vicious Resto druid shoulders give spirit and resil... compared to spirit cirt? or spirit haste. or if you're a prot paladin! enjoy all your gear with crit/resil and haste resil... or warlocks.. crit resil and haste resil?! Such great itemization. I can see a lot of this hate is purely coming from lazy or bad players. So i'm just going to assume most of you dont mind being carried
    For hunters at least, 4 piece pvp gear is only slightly worse than 4 piece tier 11. Its actually better than 2 piece tier 11 with two other raid epics. If we're not supposed to queue with such amazing pvp gear, why not just say you're required to have at least 4 piece t11?

10+ Year Old Account
    I queue in pvp gear and outperform the whole group.
    I cba to switch to pve gear

Please stop hating on PvPers. They farm to get their gear too, they work hard to get it, and they are proud to have it.
    Why don't they deserve the iLvl that comes with it? Why can't they lean back and say "Ah! My first ---ilvl piece!". Why don't they deserve the achieves that come with iLvl?
    If it bothers you so much why don't you make a petition to Blizzard about people not being able to que for dungeons when they are in full PvP-gear or something? At least it would not affect the actual players gear.

Deleted
    Some of the PVP gear is good, weapons..some ranged items(like the strength) and i know that the paladin ret gloves are actually very strong. Yes primary stats >>secondary stats but you still require a reasonable amount of some stats.

Tanks(par the odd item) should not really use pvp gear. you take a hell of alot more damage since you have no avoidance. You may have more health than a tank in 333/346 but you will be tanking constant damage and have to be spammed.
    For example i took over tanking after we voted kicked a tank for being full

Healers shouldnt (par the odd item) since you will have alot less regen and casts will be slower.

Its a situational thing, some classes can cope, others wont.

To be honest the set bonus primary stats will no doubt not change and the amount of secondary stats will outway that little bonus.(most classes its 1 primary=4 strongest secondary to equal damage)...70 set bonus=280....you are looking for only a minor amount....when t11 is vendor pvp will be removed simple as that.

N.B. To be honest how hard is the vendor gear to get for crying outload i honestly doubt there is that much difference, dps it may take a bit longer but not really

Have dpsed a hc in pvp gear because of being in kitty, only noticed when i wasnt getting my 4 set buff
    Last edited by mmoc421ccedb9d; 2011-03-13 at 09:46 PM.

I have a 372 bow. I have a 346 bow. Which bow am I going to use?

Sometimes PVP gear is better then pve gear. Sometimes it's not. Blanket statements are never the way to go, 365 PVP gear is better then quest greens.

Hrm.. See I have this 318 bracer..and i have this epic pvp bracer that's enchanted with +50 agi... Decisions decisions.

Judge people by the numbres, and mistakes they push out, not by their gear.

Raiding? Different story.

Deleted
    When i got my dk to 85 i had the crafted pvp gear ready and some other boe pieces so i can instantly dps heroic dungeons. I que up and i find some moron paladin on epics ranting about my pvp gear and asking everyone to kick me. I was really glad to post my recount of the first boss on the party chat showing me doing 3k dps more than that moron. Then like every moron like him qqed about my OP class and after everyone laughed at him he ragequitted.
    Am a really calm and gentle person but when someone is like that moron i really enjoy to embarass and humiliate them.
    Also for a dk/hunter/any class that is based on weapon damage a pvp weapon is far superior than any other weapon with less ilvl than it.
    Last edited by mmocb35922ffd5; 2011-03-14 at 12:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the question is: why has pvp-gear a higher item-lvl in the first place? that makes absolutely no sense.