Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Cool Speak to ally/horde (opposite race speak)

Hi all,

Ok,Say im horde and I go to Elwynn Forest and weather i do /say or /yell the ally get my message but its like in a different langue?.

And when ally is does /say or /yell,etc it comes up [Common] and then (here) with some other langue

Anything to do to change that orr?...

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aiir View Post
    Hi all,

Ok,Say im horde and I go to Elwynn Forest and weather i do /say or /yell the ally get my message but its like in a different langue?.

And when ally is does /say or /yell,etc it comes up [Common] and then (here) with some other langue

Anything to do to change that orr?...

Thanks.
    no /end thread

To Alliance, your speech would come out as [Orcish]. There is no possible way for actual dialogue.

Deleted
    Any means allowing you to understand opposite faction are illegal withing the game.

Only /wave /hug /spit work
    /me + text doesn't.

There use to be a addon for it but they band it lol

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always wanted a way to communicate to the other faction. :\ I wish there was a way to "learn" one or two of the opposing faction's languages. It'd be silly to know EVERY language, but I don't think it'd be so bad to just pick one. (An Ally choosing orcish would limit you to orcs instead of all Horde, a Horde choosing common would limit you to humans) I'm sure the Roleplayers would especially love this as well. They could even try to find a way to draw it out instead of just clicking a button to learn it. Maybe a quest chain or something. /shrug I think it'd be neat.
    I am a filthy casual!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry to say but there is no current way to speak with the other faction although I wish they would implement a way. However I suspect that they believe it would take away from some world pvp.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Signature by Winter Blossom-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

They had this early in beta. Undead spoke common. It was bad. Very, very bad. There is a reason the undead language is called gutterspeak. While it used to be annoying not being able to talk to your cross faction friends, RealID basically fixed that problem. History says allowing unrestricted cross-faction talk is not a good thing, and I for one second, third, moved and carried that motion.
    Last edited by sinderborn; 2011-03-12 at 04:29 PM.

there are some codes to send a message that the opposing faction understands (ai am d c p or stuff like that) but i seriously doubt you will be able to have a normal conversation

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure you can use emotes.
    Just use '/e', for example '/e Hello My name is Bob' and the opposite faction can see this, although they might not be looking at emotes or not know how to respond.

2 warlocks meet and cast curse of tongues on each other and start to speak and understand "demonic" language. It's a shame such clever use of game mechanic doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldFish View Post
    Just use '/e', for example '/e Hello My name is Bob' and the opposite faction can see this, although they might not be looking at emotes or not know how to respond.
    If you type "/me hello, I am Bob" the other faction will see it as "%username% makes some strange gestures".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive played on a private server that had crossfaction chat for 2years before i moved to retail. You don't want this. Really.

---------- Post added 2011-03-12 at 05:35 PM ----------

Doesn't work.

Deleted
    "Player makes some strange gestures"

Quote Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
    I've always wanted a way to communicate to the other faction. :\ I wish there was a way to "learn" one or two of the opposing faction's languages. It'd be silly to know EVERY language, but I don't think it'd be so bad to just pick one. (An Ally choosing orcish would limit you to orcs instead of all Horde, a Horde choosing common would limit you to humans) I'm sure the Roleplayers would especially love this as well. They could even try to find a way to draw it out instead of just clicking a button to learn it. Maybe a quest chain or something. /shrug I think it'd be neat.
    aye me 2 :< tbh irl you would be able to learn the 'enemy's ' language :/
    for me it seems kinda silly you can't learn your faction friends or enemys languages D:

It is possible with hacks but if you want to use em that's up to you.

Deleted
    In a battleground (arathi basin) I was killing an ally and he was yelling something, but I could read it (English) But I don't know exactly what. I'm 100% sure about this, to bad I don't have a screen.

Deleted
    My axe would like to talk with the alliance.

Nope, it will just show up as "Missbob makes some strange gestures. " to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Nope, it will just show up as "Missbob makes some strange gestures. " to them.
    Oh right ok. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Aerieadk View Post
    Sorry to say but there is no current way to speak with the other faction although I wish they would implement a way. However I suspect that they believe it would take away from some world pvp.

Take away from world pvp? How about ignite world pvp on every server. The problem is with this game is there is no real way to develop any player driven politics in this game. I guarantee world pvp would flourish if people could smack talk each other. Of course in other games this is how they do things. If you don't like it you can turn off that particular chat screen(in other games). This would ignite server politics, instigate rivalry, promote people going out in the world. That is the one main thing missing from this game. No personal connections to another player. I would love to see something like this applied to servers, at least the pvp ones.

Oh and I'm calling for language barrier removal. it's silly at this point for lore reasons. I mean on pve servers the lore is already to hell when you have allies and horde picking daises together in the fields, helping each other kill mobs. Give me a break.
    Last edited by nyhcjedi; 2011-03-12 at 04:52 PM.