Cat question, animal sites troll me to hell and I get no answer...

I have adopted two cats that are declawed on their front paws. I want to help prevent side effects down the road and am looking for advise. The animal sites just spam me w/ "don't declaw your cat ever!" messages and it wasn't my fault.
    Can anyone help me? I would love to help prevent lameness or some other related side effect, like arthritis.

I play mmo's a lot and and I promise I will help contribute more if someone helps me.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont htink this is the place? call a vet
    'Let no man deceive himself. If any one among you seem to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.'
    Translation: you are a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    i suggest taking them to your local vet andtalking it out with them, they should give you clear indications of what could happen in the future, sorry i cant help more i have 2 cats as well but they arent de-clawed soo no idea really >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep it is sad they are declawed, very cruel infact, good of you to take them in, however i dont think much could be done, what is done is done, the best bet is to contact a vet, and see what the outlook is for these poor animals, why the hell would anyone declaw a cat is beyond me, claws are there for cleaning, balance, protection, hunting etc and so on. Morons! (not you the bastards that did that).

I'm not sure I understand the question. Did the cat just get declawed before you brought it home and you're looking for advice on caring for it post surgically?

Every cat I've ever owned except my two most recent (2 littermates I adopted from a shelter about 2 yrs ago) was declawed and they never had any health or mobility issues. Never had any problems with arthritis or lameness. My older cat is about 6 and a half yrs now and he keeps up with the 2 yr old kitties with claws just fine. Has no trouble running away from my dogs and up an 8 ft cat tree either.

Thx, will check w/ my vet

Deleted
    people who do this kinda stuff should have to go through this procedure themselves, it's cruel and painful and more.....it makes me very sad and angry

Talk to your vet to see how your cats are doing and what you can expect, if you're prepared for some terrible info you can read some stuff here

good you take care them, thumbs up for that

I've owned a lot of cats over the years(have 8 atm, 5 kittens) but never had any that were declawed. Best I can do is echo what's already been suggested by saying talk to your vet about it.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.