10+ Year Old Account
    If you think this is rushed, then wait until they start portraying the events of A Feast of Crows, which, supposedly, is found to be the most boring of the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    This was one episode I was really looking forward too in the entire season, well hoping it would have been this season.

The books give you a very detailed and complete picture. I thought the Red Wedding was done very poorly and executed half heartedly. The acting was terrible. The entire scene felt rushed.

I don't really know if its just me but I some how am felling plots since mid season 2 are being rushed through. Season 3 especially has just been rushed through all the plots. Also the level of acting that we've come to experience has dropped considerably in season 3. It seems so unnatural compared to season 1 and 2.

There is a reason why the LoTR movies were so greatly liked. They stayed true to the books for the most part and also they captured a lot of what was written in the books. Peter Jackson did a really good job bringing the scene to life on the big screen just as you would imagine it in the books.

The Red Wedding episode was really a complete let down. I've never been critical of the series but was very disappointed the last 2-3 episodes.
    I agree that the acting in the Red Wedding could've been better. Talissa didn't react quite as you'd expect someone who just had their belly stabbed repeatedly, and then Robb's immediate expression to that wasn't outraged/shocked/horrified enough. The only ones who gave us the sort of standard we've come to expect were Walder Frey and Catelyn =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    The only ones who gave us the sort of standard we've come to expect were Walder Frey and Catelyn =/
    Oh lord, Cat's face when the music started . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Oh lord, Cat's face when the music started . . .
    Yep. She was amazing.

I also loved Ygritte's face as Jon raced off on his horse. Someone HAS to turn that into some sort of meme.

Millions of people had the same reaction all across the globe at the same time

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure some overreacted.
    Still very funny to watch nonetheless

10+ Year Old Account
    Death happens people!

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

Millions of people had the same reaction all across the globe at the same time
    Which one are you?

Deleted
    Well, I generally liked the episode except for the "Red Wedding" Part. I think I was more upset that John ran away from Ygritte although she clearly helped him (maybe I would have liked it more if he screamed "crows before hoes" ;-)) and that Bran SAW John through the direwolfes but did nothing to grab his attention. Maybe John recognised the direwolfes and they will meet again.

For the "Red Wedding", I only read the first GoT book and was one of the few lucky guys who didn't read any big spoilers on the comment sections (yet). But anyway, the build up to the wedding especially with Arya and Talisa was way too suspicious. We all already know that GoT is not a nice Disney Movie with Happy Ends. And I think we love the books/tv show for this. Everything was quite nicely played and there were some funny moments... But when Robb's wife Talisa said to him during the wedding that they should name their son Ned Stark, I was totally like "okay, they will all die horrible deathes in the next 5 minutes"... It's like when James Bond tells a woman he loves her, you know that she's going to die in the next scenes. Maybe it has also something to do with the fact that I was never really interested in Catelyn (since she freed Jaime), Robb or his wife. In addition, I normally don't mind brutal, gruesome scenes on TV Shows but the one where Talisa get stabbed in the belly was a little bit too much (in comparison, never had a problem with NBC's Hannibal).

I am still a big fan of the show though and I think every season gets better so far. My motivation grows again to read the books, maybe I will try them again after the final episode.

When I think about it, I was way more shocked that they cut off Jaime's hand. Robb's death was kind of inevitable because Starks will always suffer. For the legendary Kingslayer, I would have never expected that they cripple instead of killing him

I reacted the worst to the wolf being killed, which probably speaks volumes about me...

10+ Year Old Account
    Season finale's preview is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    Which one are you?
    Probably I come closest to the girl at 4:24

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    I reacted the worst to the wolf being killed, which probably speaks volumes about me...
    I actually reacted the worst to Arya. Goddamn, she was so close. After spending all that effort to get back to Robb and Cat only to be there as the Freys slaughter them. Goddamn . . .
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't read the books further then what is on TV right now.. (I'm a slacker, I know..)

But all I can say is wtf!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Statix View Post

Ned Stark being betrayed was a shocker, and although his decapitation was tragic and shocking aswell, you were being prepared for that. This was so much bigger and more tragic. I never saw it coming; I knew something bad was going to happen when the doors were closed, but not like this. Not that many characters, not again one of my favorite characters, not again a Stark that is everything a good king should be, not another betrayal from within. I can't put it to words. This has left me pretty much speechless.
    You could see it happen as well with him.

Gradually taking notice of him losing the war, losing supporters, seeing the Lannisters firmly in power and then resorting to the Freys for help after the offense he made?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    I haven't read the books further then what is on TV right now.. (I'm a slacker, I know..)

But all I can say is wtf!?
    Well at least the worst, so far, is over now. The Red Wedding is the worst moment in the series (at least as of ADWD.)
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least the worst, so far, is over now. The Red Wedding is the worst moment in the series (at least as of ADWD.)
    A certain cliffhanger gets in the way of that confirmation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    A certain cliffhanger gets in the way of that confirmation.
    No, I don't think that scene was quite as bad because there's still hope.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    The only ones who gave us the sort of standard we've come to expect were Walder Frey and Catelyn =/
    Love the guy that plays Walder Frey, he does the "senile, grumpy old man" perfectly. The scene when the Starks/Tullys are introduced to him at the twins was great.

"twins, you could have had either, you could have had both for all I care"

- My granddaughter, Waltha? Walra? Waldina.
    - I'm Mary.
    - Fine

rofl
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't think that scene was quite as bad because there's still hope.
    Hence "cliffhanger"

ADWD, lord of cliffhangers