Good episode overall, I enjoyed it.

However, all that build up in the end only to reveal a blue Darth Maul, what a mind-boggling decision to go with that character and tbh not good one.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    Yes, but what character he is
    And, we have already seen him once, for less than a second, in episode 2, when Bran touches the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by senkyen View Post
    The only problem I see if the series surpasses the books is that some of the witty dialogs by Tyrion, Littlefinger, Varys etc (which in my opinion are one of the best parts of the series) won't be present or as good as if written by Martin himself.
    They already deviate quite radically from Tyrion's dialogue in the books. For example, when Sansa asks him "What if I never love you?" after he promises not to touch her against his will when they're married, in the books he says something like "That's what wine and whores are for." In the series, he says "And so my Watch begins," which, imo, is a more elegant line, and fits the character of Tyrion as portrayed on screen a bit better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    They already deviate quite radically from Tyrion's dialogue in the books. For example, when Sansa asks him "What if I never love you?" after he promises not to touch her against his will when they're married, in the books he says something like "That's what wine and whores are for." In the series, he says "And so my Watch begins," which, imo, is a more elegant line, and fits the character of Tyrion as portrayed on screen a bit better.
    Yeah but adjusting--or perhaps refining--dialogue is much easier than making the entire thing up. The only truly original, compelling lines I can remember by them are the Littlefingerd/Vaerys ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are they changing facts about the story line? Bran and his friends never get captured at Craster's, Sam never delivers Gilly to that town, instead they are on their way to [spoiler removed]. Also, Jaime, alongside arriving after the purple wedding, asks Brienne to name the sword Oathkeeper & she doesn't take a squire with her on her quest to find Sansa.

And what disturbs me the most is the fact that Robb's wife was not present at the red wedding, yet in the TV show she is.

And the Vargo Hoat equivalent is made up too.

What's the deal?

The deal is that Bran's story is practically non-existent at this point, and unless you want to see 4 episodes of darning socks at the Wall they have to do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    The deal is that Bran's story is practically non-existent at this point, and unless you want to see 4 episodes of darning socks at the Wall they have to do something.
    So Jon goes after the deserters present at Craster's keep and finds Bran there? That can't happen.

white walkers and wildling had a deal which mense raider broke that is why they are returning for vengeance they are actually misunderstood, those children of forest are true evil they manipulated humans to deal with WW ages ago.

as for littlefinger i think they done him the worst, great actor for him yet show littlefinger noone trusts him total opposite from books where everyone trusts harmless littlefinger.
    Last edited by lakisa; 2014-05-04 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    Why are they changing facts about the story line? Bran and his friends never get captured at Craster's, Sam never delivers Gilly to that town, instead they are on their way to [spoiler removed]. Also, Jaime, alongside arriving after the purple wedding, asks Brienne to name the sword Oathkeeper & she doesn't take a squire with her on her quest to find Sansa.

And what disturbs me the most is the fact that Robb's wife was not present at the red wedding, yet in the TV show she is.

What's the deal?
    Podrick ends up in Brienne's company anyway, and it was said in the books that he had to run from King's Landing. They just closed 2 side stories with one scene, it made no difference in the large scale.

My theory is that they are simply closing up the side stories that Martin decided won't have any weight in the books - Robb's wife is the best example.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Podrick ends up in Brienne's company anyway, and it was said in the books that he had to run from King's Landing. They just closed 2 side stories with one scene, it made no difference in the large scale.

My theory is that they are simply closing up the side stories that Martin decided won't have any weight in the books - Robb's wife is the best example.
    Ok, I understand the Brienne one.

In the preview for tonight's episode, though, Jon attacks Craster's. Does he meet Bran then? In the books Sam is made to swear to not tell anyone he had met Bran, not even Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Lady Stoneheart better make an appearance before the last episode of the season Would hate to wait another year to see her spread some vengeance.
    It has to be the final scene, no a scene before. It also has to happen in the same order as it did in the books.

Deleted
    Such a big part like the Starks Kids never (or at least for a long time) meeting each other although they aren't that far separated (geographically... Bran is in the Tower only 10m away from Jon when he escapes the Wilderlings, Arya is only 100m away from Robb before the Red Wedding, Sansa can go to the north before Robb is killed but makes a false decision... i thinks its kind of a theme that they only miss each others by a few minutes/metres or by a single wrong decision.

So i dont think Jon will meet Bran at Crasters so easily... maybe Bran gets rescued before Jon arrives [spoiler]Coldhands?![/coldhands], or they can free themselves through their warging.

And its actually a good thing that things are different from the books (like in Walking Dead too)... you can spoiler yourself to some degree but in the end you still have a lot of surprises.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    kinda boring episode but still loads better than the walking dead. i'll take it. The mother was clearly hinting she had a hand in joffreys death. i think her daughter picked up on it at the end. Bran getting captured, kinda sad. I mean his whole party has some archery skills, yet they get surrounded like nothing. and poor Hodor. Im glad to see Brienne leaving kings landing without getting killed. I figured someone would blame her for Jaime losing his hand but i guess not.

less exciting than the first 2 episodes. but still a great show to watch.
    Actually Olenna Tyrell is Margaery's grandmother. Margaery's father is Mace Tyrell.
    During episode 2, when Olenna Tyrell was talking to Tywin Lannister, her son (Mace) tried to talk to her, but she basically told him to shut up. "Not now, Mace" if i'm not mistaken.
    I found this image on reddit, which should make it easier to find out which characters are related:
    http://i.imgur.com/hqJO7En.png
    Credit goes to Everything-is-okay from reddit.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/gameofthrone...ht_be_helpful/

- - - Updated - - -

What's the deal?
    They're essentially trying to stall the show so Bran doesn't get to his destination too fast. They're giving Martin a little more time to finish the Winds of Winter while the show still hasn't surpassed the books.

I like/hate Locke, you have to admit, Vargo's lithp wouldn't make it on TV.

So Jon goes after the deserters present at Craster's keep and finds Bran there? That can't happen.
    Bran will probably escape before Jon gets there. Or maybe Bran flees during the battle between the Jon and the deserters.

Quote Originally Posted by lakisa View Post
    white walkers and wildling had a deal which mense raider broke that is why they are returning for vengeance they are actually misunderstood, those children of forest are true evil they manipulated humans to deal with WW ages ago.

as for littlefinger i think they done him the worst, great actor for him yet show littlefinger noone trusts him total opposite from books where everyone trusts harmless littlefinger.
    We know nothin' about the White Walkers (at least not their end game).
    We know they're intelligent. When Ser Waymar Royce and Will meets the WW's during the prologue chapter they appear to have a language, not to mention when Waymar and the Other (white walkers) fought it was a 1 on 1 duel.
    It was only when Waymar's sword broke while his oponnent parried that the rest of the Others made their move. When Waymar had lost the duel the rest moved in for the kill.
    And the new episode showed they have a hierarchy, but other than that, we know nothing (about the white walkers).

- They have a sense of "honor" (it was only when Waymar was beaten they slaughtered him).
    - We know the have a language.
    The Other said something in a language that Will did not know; his voice was like the cracking of ice on a like, and the words were mocking.
    - They have a hierarchy.
    -We can safely assume they have genders.
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2014-05-04 at 07:12 PM.

Deleted
    Linking the AOIAF wiki on the TV show topic when spoilers are not tolerated might not be a good idea, because there is one big spoiler on the Night's King page.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're essentially trying to stall the show so Bran doesn't get to his destination too fast. They're giving Martin a little more time to finish the Winds of Winter while the show still hasn't surpassed the books.
    This actually makes perfect sense.

Bran will probably escape before Jon gets there. Or maybe Bran flees during the battle between the Jon and the deserters.
    Hope so.

Linking the AOIAF wiki on the TV show topic when spoilers are not tolerated might not be a good idea, because there is one big spoiler on the Night's King page.
    Don't read comments on the official Facebook page either. People have already spoiled the outcome of Tyrion's trial.

15+ Year Old Account

What's the deal?
    Why does it have to be the same? The Game of Thrones might be that one situation where the movie/tv series might be as good or even better than the books.

If everything was the same what would keep the people that read the books to want to watch the series? Why not throw a few little kinks in and surprise even the people who read the books?

Here is the preview to the next episode. Seems like action is going to happen!
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-05-04 at 07:11 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by feangren View Post
    I'll remove it then.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc63637ca40b; 2014-05-04 at 07:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If everything was the same what would keep the people that read the books to want to watch the series? Why not throw a few little kinks in and surprise even the people who read the books?
    Little kinks are ok, flat out changing the facts is stupid. It's like making a film about the Titanic in which the ship doesn't sink.

Here is the preview to the next episode. Seems like action is going to happen!
    We'll see.
    Last edited by Santoryu; 2014-05-04 at 08:49 PM.

Deleted
    Little kinks are ok, flat out changing the facts is stupid. It's like making a film about the Titanic in which the ship doesn't sink.
    Not really, its like making a story about the Titanic but the ship sinks from hitting a rock instead of an iceberg.

They'll end up at the same place, the route they take to get there is different though.