Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I just thought he was talking about the God of Death like Syrio. There are a lot of people believing that Ja'qen = Syrio since we didn't actually see him die.
    That doesn't make much sense.

Why would a Faceless Man take the identity of the first sword of Braavos and how would he know Ned Stark would ask him to train Arya?

Unless the Faceless Men are knowledgeable of some prophecy that is linked to Arya and they sent Jaqen specifically to help fulfill it, I'm pretty sure Syrio is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Absolute garbage season so far, slowest thing ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a longtime book reader it is a bit jarring to see so many good storylines/characters get cut or merged in the show. By the time early Season 6 hits we will be totally beyond where all of the characters are currently in the books and my guess is they won't be trying to stick to any semblance of their book plot lines but rather make up new ones and run with it. The show runners have been a bit hit or miss when they try and simplify/adapt the book stuff so here's hoping they do a better job with stuff they create/write on their own.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Just started season 5, i didn't know i would actually feel sorry for Cersei :/
    why do you feel sorry for her? i mean she has reaped what she has sowed TBH.
    Hi

I am seriously, seriously concerned for the show after watching what this season has offered so far, and that's very uncomfortable for me, being a diehard fanatic of both the books and the show for a long, long time.

I was a little worried during and after season 4 when things started to get very different from the books, but now.. I just don't know anymore. Benioff and Weiss have not only changed entire plot points and story arcs that were major events in the books, but the build-up for what happens in the books is STILL IN THE SHOW! Not to mention that they've successfully skipped an entire book's worth of content to get to where we are right now. And whether you are on the side that loved A Feast for Crows or you're on the side that thinks that entire book is boring, you cannot argue that skipping over the entire damn thing is cheating, and also pretty much ruins the direction the story is meant to be going according to the source material.

I'm just not even that excited to watch new episodes this season anymore. It's become more of a "Well, let's see what cringe-fest we've got in store for us this time." I mean honestly, who in the filming and editing crew watched that scene with the Sand Snakes trying to kidnap Marcella in broad daylight in a palace full of armed guards and actually though, "Yep, this is good television" for even one second?

And for that matter, I really feel like every single scene is too "television-esque" if you get my meaning. I don't feel like I'm watching a story unfold in pieces so much as I feel like I'm watching one convenient scene after another, and every plot point and character placement is artificially designed to move the plot forward faster and conveniently rather than letting it unfold organically. It's just... not what Game of Thrones was in the first three seasons at all, and while I really do hope the makers of the show all step up their game and pull this thing back, I fear they've crossed lines they can't uncross now, and it's starting to fall apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    I am seriously, seriously concerned for the show after watching what this season has offered so far, and that's very uncomfortable for me, being a diehard fanatic of both the books and the show for a long, long time.

I was a little worried during and after season 4 when things started to get very different from the books, but now.. I just don't know anymore. Benioff and Weiss have not only changed entire plot points and story arcs that were major events in the books, but the build-up for what happens in the books is STILL IN THE SHOW! Not to mention that they've successfully skipped an entire book's worth of content to get to where we are right now. And whether you are on the side that loved A Feast for Crows or you're on the side that thinks that entire book is boring, you cannot argue that skipping over the entire damn thing is cheating, and also pretty much ruins the direction the story is meant to be going according to the source material.

I'm just not even that excited to watch new episodes this season anymore. It's become more of a "Well, let's see what cringe-fest we've got in store for us this time." I mean honestly, who in the filming and editing crew watched that scene with the Sand Snakes trying to kidnap Marcella in broad daylight in a palace full of armed guards and actually though, "Yep, this is good television" for even one second?

And for that matter, I really feel like every single scene is too "television-esque" if you get my meaning. I don't feel like I'm watching a story unfold in pieces so much as I feel like I'm watching one convenient scene after another, and every plot point and character placement is artificially designed to move the plot forward faster and conveniently rather than letting it unfold organically. It's just... not what Game of Thrones was in the first three seasons at all, and while I really do hope the makers of the show all step up their game and pull this thing back, I fear they've crossed lines they can't uncross now, and it's starting to fall apart.
    The TV show is going where the books are going but in a more direct way. Watching the show is, in a sense, a spoiler for the remaining books because the show creators know how the books end. What this means is that any characters left out of the show, or merged into other character, really weren't that important to the books anyway. Remember that there are only 24 episodes left for the entire series.

Season 4 was fine. Olenna and Oberyn killed it.

Since they're deviating from the books -I- would have kept Oberyn alive. The Sand Snakes plot seems to be utter shit quality wise, so the only plot reason for Oberyn to die is now void.

just to remind people that havent been caught up to not get too invested in characters.

Ep6 was better than EP5, not huge, just average

Watching the sand snakes part made me cringe. i had to fast forward that scene cuz of how bad it was. i was really really hoping that theon would stab ramsay in the back of the head in the last scene similar to how Gemma did to Tara in Sons of Anarchy.

Nice SoA spoiler dickhead

Quote Originally Posted by Hagsey View Post
    Nice SoA spoiler dickhead
    Jokes don't translate well in text. I can only assume this is a attempt at a spoiler joke. That SoA scene is what two/three years old now.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Season 4 was fine. Olenna and Oberyn killed it.

Since they're deviating from the books -I- would have kept Oberyn alive. The Sand Snakes plot seems to be utter shit quality wise, so the only plot reason for Oberyn to die is now void.
    I could not agree more. Those girls should have eaten Jamie and Bronn alive, yet they couldn't score any hits. They have no value as characters and I could care less what happens to them. Oberyn, on the other, was a fantastic character, who I desperately wish was still in the show. Now, granted, his death was phenomenal, in both it's surprise and gruesomeness.

The show is completely off the books with Sansa and I think her character is finally going to blossom. She showed real strength with Littlefinger's maneuvering, and while she is getting bedded by the son of the man who killed her mother, she is also in Winterfell, with Brienne waiting around to help.

Reek/Theon is gonna kill Ramsay. Mark my words. He'll die doing it, but Sansa is a continual reminder of his betrayal. You all think he's too far gone, using his sister's attempt at a rescue as evidence. But he never knew his sister. His sister is Sansa.

On other notes:

Littlefinger is fast becoming my favorite character. The guy cannot stop gaining power and manipulating people. He could grab the north vis a vis the Vale's troops assisting the Boltens/Lannisters and then be named warden of the north, and marry Sansa, giving him another noble title to his name. Now he has Winterfell and the Vale, and he takes the throne for himself and Sansa. Stannis might die during the battle of Winterfell, or get eaten by a dragon.

He's not going to take the North unless he kills Stannis.

Stannis isn't the type of guy to forgive Littlefinger's crimes and LF caused him to lose at King's Landing ( LF secured Tyrell help for the Crown ).

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    He's not going to take the North unless he kills Stannis.

Stannis isn't the type of guy to forgive Littlefinger's crimes and LF caused him to lose at King's Landing ( LF secured Tyrell help for the Crown ).
    Littlefinger doesn't have to kill Stannis for Stannis to be dead.

The show is getting a little stale for me. Bad things happening to good people has completely lost its surprise element at this point.... but the bigger political moves are still interesting to watch unfold I suppose.

The fight scenes in this most recent episode were probably the worst I've seen on the show. Not sure if it was the camera angles or what, but it wasn't up to GoT's normal quality levels. Also, the "we can't kill the dwarf until we find a cock merchant" thing was beyond absurd.

Bright points of this season so far:

Littlefinger's scheming
    Stannis talking with his daughter
    J. Snow's efforts

10+ Year Old Account
    Appears GoT managed to get past the inner circle fans attention, and entered the mainstream news for all the wrong reasons with the last episode now.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Appears GoT managed to get past the inner circle fans attention, and entered the mainstream news for all the wrong reasons with the last episode now.
    Mainstream media is almost beyond useless. Who cares where GoT falls or ends up with those asshats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The show is getting a little stale for me. Bad things happening to good people has completely lost its surprise element at this point.... but the bigger political moves are still interesting to watch unfold I suppose.
    I hear you and I'm hoping it's only because they have to move the story along and get pieces into place. Then the fun can "begin" for the final few episodes. And I can watch Littlefinger all day long, so that's always worth it.

The fight scenes in this most recent episode were probably the worst I've seen on the show. Not sure if it was the camera angles or what, but it wasn't up to GoT's normal quality levels. Also, the "we can't kill the dwarf until we find a cock merchant" thing was beyond absurd.
    Could not agree more. Horrible in every way possible. This latest with the Sands Girls (or whatever the fuck they are called) was just a blur of whips and a few spear twirls. Nothing like last year.

Bright points of this season so far:

Littlefinger's scheming
    Stannis talking with his daughter
    J. Snow's efforts
    Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.