10+ Year Old Account
    HBO's list of Emmy nominations they sent in:
    Interesting that GRRM's episode (8) isn't listed for writing. =/ Also, a good amount of episode 9. I guess we'll see on Sunday why that is. =)

Ballot listings for the next Primetime Emmy Awards are out! (We have already written about an early scoop on some of these.) The nominations will be announced on July 14, while the ceremony is going to take place on September 18. Here follows an overview of all Game of Thrones submissions:

•Art direction: Winter is Coming (ep. 1), A Golden Crown (ep. 6), and Fire and Blood (ep. 10)
    •Costumes: The Pointy End (ep. 8)
    •Cinematography: Winter is Coming (ep. 1) by Alik Sakharov, Lord Snow (ep 2) by Marco Pontecorvo, The Pointy End (ep. 8) by Matthew Jensen
    •Directing: Winter is Coming (ep. 1) by Tim Van Patten, A Golden Crown (ep. 6) by Daniel Minahan, Baelor (ep. 9) by Alan Taylor
    •Editing: Winter is Coming (ep. 1) by Oral Norrie Ottey, A Golden Crown (ep. 6) by Marty Nicholson, Baelor (ep. 9) by Francesca Parker
    •Hairstyling: A Golden Crown (ep. 6) by Kevin Alexander and Candice Banks
    •Makeup (Non-Prosthetic): Winter is Coming (ep. 1) by Paul Engelen and Melissa Lackersteen
    •Prosthetic Makeup: A Golden Crown (ep. 6) by Paul Engelen and Conor O’Sullivan
    •Sound Editing: A Golden Crown (ep. 6)
    •Sound Mixing: A Golden Crown (ep. 6)
    •Stunts: The Wolf and the Lion (ep. 5)
    •Writing: Baelor (ep. 9) by David Benioff and D.B. Weiss
    •Best Drama
    •Best Casting

•Best Main Title Design
    •Drama Lead Actor: Sean Bean
    •Drama Lead Actress: Lena Headey
    •Drama Supporting Actor: Mark Addy, Peter Dinklage, Nicolaj Coster-Waldau, Aiden Gillen, Kit Harington, and Jason Momoa
    •Drama Supporting Actress: Emilia Clarke and Michelle Fairley
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-10 at 05:36 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.... that is a LONG list of nominations good to see Sean, Lena and mah boi Kit up for awards although I think they need to make a new award Most BADASS actor in a supporting role then Jason Mamoa is a guarenteed win.

although I think Arya should be up for something she's great...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Never Heard of this before, So didn't know what I was getting in too

And well I'm on ep8 and its Fan-Bleeding-Tasic..Best Show even seen in ages, The whole things feels like it was carved out of Stone, the sets look real, the acting is very good, Mostly British and Irish I have noticed..

So the Whole Season is 10 episode does that fit into the time of the book, Feels like they can't really get much done in the last 2 episode..which wouldnt complete a whole book or are we only a few pages in? and many seasons left

The BBC are the ones that holds the crown for their period drama etc, but they could never compete with this..this is out of their league
    Last edited by mmoc411c38c086; 2011-06-10 at 05:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    Never Heard of this before, So didn't know what I was getting in too

And well I'm on ep8 and its Fan-Bleeding-Tasic..Best Show even seen in ages, The whole things feels like it was carved out of Stone, the sets look real, the acting is very good, Mostly British and Irish I have noticed..

So the Whole Season is 10 episode does that fit into the time of the book, Feels like they can't really get much done in the last 2 episode..which wouldnt complete a whole book or are we only a few pages in? and many seasons left

The BBC are the ones that holds the crown for their period drama etc, but they could never compete with this..this is out of their league
    10 episodes for book 1, yes. Next season will be over book 2.
    The story is a 7 book series, and the 5th book comes out next month.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    and you're in for a REAL treat with the books, bout 1/2 way book two now (for the 2/3 time ) and they're SO much better than the series, don't get me wrong the series is outstanding, but GRRM is one of the most descriptive writers I've ever read, the man has a real way with words

although I have started picturing all the actors when I read XD
    Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to them. Although, I'm still going to try and hold off on starting until the first season is done. ><

And I do the exact same thing with characters. Best example is LoTR. Gollum in the movies looked NOTHING like I had pictured him, but now that's all I envision when reading the books again. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I totally get what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Speaking of which, his 'don't make me go to war pleasepleaseplease PLEASE!' face was incredible. Made me want to give him a hug. :3
    Haha, yes! That face was priceless. And I loved how subtle it was.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

The best thing is despite the fact there is an obvious lack of actors for the role of Tyrion, Dinklage is doing an absolutely fantastic job with him. Tyrion is without doubt one of my favorite characters of the books and so has a lot to live up to.Well all i can say is he is doing an amazing job, he has brought the character to life and is the absolute personification of Tyrion, it's fantastic acting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sant View Post
    no we're on course pretty much, and trust me, they can and will get ALOT done in these last two eps gunna be frakkin intense... god I can't WAIT

I'm kinda hoping that season 2 onwards will be extended to around 15/16 eps though, there's just SO much going on in the later books, I can't really see it being covered in 10 eps without HEAVY editting, or changing to make one book more than one season, but to be honest with the critical praise this series has received plus the lolomg viewing figures I can't see a season extension being TOO much of a problem

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is with all the whining about the last episode's "sex scene"!? I fear many of you are latent homosexuals, if you find 2 good looking women engaging in a sex scene and you get on the Inetz to cry about how it was "too much" or "uncalled for"

Saddens me to the deepest point.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's because the only thing important in that scen was Littlefingers monogole. The sex itself was just eyecandy for people like you. I confess, it looked quite nice, but it was still an unneeded show to give Littlefinger a backdrop for character presentation.
    I get a bit saddened everytime I hear someone express that they watch the show for the gore and the violence, it's the plot that has the most substance and any idiot should be able to realise this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The reason is because that was an added scene. It was not in the books, and thus, things in the book got left out because that scene was there. Not to mention Littlefinger was, shall we say, nearly uncharacteristic.

I like boobs as much as the next guy, but I'd rather have seen other scenes devoted more time to than that one. =)
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-11 at 04:31 PM.

Well it makes Littlefinger so obvious in his dealings, while in the book it was a lot more subtle. A design choice yes but not one that I agree with. I felt he should have been a bit more understated. Perhaps it was too difficult to portray his manipulation on screen in a subtle way.

If he was just sitting there for 5 minutes explaining the story, people would have been bored.

10+ Year Old Account
    All hail King Joffrey, the first of his name!

Mwahahaha.

So glad it's Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    So glad it's Sunday!
    Indeed! However, my set of the books arrived yesterday, so I might be in too much of a reading coma later. We'll see. Even just from reading the prologue, I was completely fascinated by how much differently they portrayed it in the show. Should be a great read.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    All hail King Joffrey, the first of his name!

Mwahahaha.
    Glory to His Grace, King Joffrey!

10+ Year Old Account
    and I can tell already what his title will be....

King Joffrey the spoiled wanker who really needs to get shot in the head with a rusty arrow....

I really hate Joffrey, feel a bit sorry for the actor playing him tbh.. but he plays the spoiled bastard so well... I'm thinking it may not all be acting

Wtf ned stark died?!?!? ??????? ????????? ????????

?????what just happened?!?

THIS IS MADNESS

Great episode this week, can't wait for the finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oooh boy....

The ending was chilling. A fierce body tingle that continued into the somber credit music. Well done. At least I didn't lose anything like the first time I read the book and threw it across the room, dislodged pages filling the air.

The rest of the episode, well, it wasn't as strong as GRRM's and I'm still disppointed that his episode was not nominated for a vote.

Still, twas a very impactful episode. I can't wait to see the end of the next episode.
    And the twitter feed from tonight. lol

Ya i knew it was coming but I honestly didnt think it would be till next week my roomate was lik WTF too Knew that one would catch alot of ppl off guard.

Overall good episode I felt a bit ripped off though with the tyrion battle scene was pretty cheap even the rob battle they didnt really show any of either of them. Hopefully next season they get a bigger budget and do more of the battles.