Quote Originally Posted by Defengar View Post
    Hmmm. I'm worried that they will make the maid of tarth a little less "homely" than she was in the books.....
    I'd rather they cast people that can really act, rather than perfectly match the physical descriptions from the book. As long as it's roughly close, I'm fine with it.

Tyrion in the books is supposed to be hideously disfigured, being described by Sansa as the ugliest person she had ever seen. Peter Dinklage is a fantastic actor, so I don't mind that he isn't as described in the book.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notalent View Post
    The problem with Holywood ugly in this case is Brienne is supposed to be bigger and stronger than Jaime. Shes explicitly NOT Hollywood ugly but instead very close to being a transgender situation in that she has no breasts, a mannish face, and a body that's probably equal in height and weight to Sandor Glegane.
    Well, I suppose they could find someone to fit the bill. And Eva Damen, although looking close to the part is a tad small for the role (but perhaps some elevator boots would do the trick as she's 5'9''). It's going to be a hard role to fill if you want a perfect casting. I'm eager to see who they sign.

But think about it this way: if you want "ugly bordering on transgender" as the qualifier, would YOU want to be the agent telling some woman "yeah, you'll be good for this."

Oh, and she's not equal to Sandor in size and weight. Over 6 feet? Check. MAYBE a smidge taller than Jaime (and he admits she's stronger), but not 6'6''. Mannish? Sure.

Too bad Dot Jones is too old for the role. She'd be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Well, I suppose they could find someone to fit the bill. And Eva Damen, although looking close to the part is a tad small for the role (but perhaps some elevator boots would do the trick as she's 5'9''). It's going to be a hard role to fill if you want a perfect casting. I'm eager to see who they sign.

But think about it this way: if you want "ugly bordering on transgender" as the qualifier, would YOU want to be the agent telling some woman "yeah, you'll be good for this."

Oh, and she's not equal to Sandor in size and weight. Over 6 feet? Check. MAYBE a smidge taller than Jaime (and he admits she's stronger), but not 6'6''. Mannish? Sure.

Too bad Dot Jones is too old for the role. She'd be perfect.
    The author described her size once. Taller then Robert Baratheon (6'3) but a bit shorter then Sandor (6'6).

Also it wouldn't be hard to find a WNBA player who fits the size/weight/build restrictions for her, the problem would be finding one who can act. And yes I could deal with her being a bit prettier then she should be, but part of her appeal as a character is that she is ugly. Shes not the classic amazonian beauty who can fight and win the heroes heart, instead shes mannish of face and body, and men mock and insult her constantly, but she keeps a relatively positive outlook on life and unlike 99.9% of the characters in the story is a genuinely heroic character. Shes honestly the perfect contrast to Cersei, who is a true beauty, but lacks any morals and generally hates everyone she runs into.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes I was talking about Eva Damen, and yes I was a bit harsh :P she's not THAT ugly, in fact my friend commented that he thought she was far to good looking to play Brienne. That said I think she would be perfect for the part, if they fudged her hight up a bit maybe sent her to the gym till they started filming I think she could totally play the part.

and I couldn't agree more Notalent, I think that's why what happens with her happens Cersei is like a poison apple, beautifully red on the outside, but filled with worms and rot on the inside, then you have Brienne whose like one of those wierd smallfarm apples you see in farmers markets, they look like crap, but you wont find a sweeter, crisper, nicer apple in the world..

yes I am typing this before I have my breakfast.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Great little video here (season 1 spoilers, so beware): GoT + Johnny Cash = win

-
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    holy hell Jam that is epic

I always forget how much I love Johnny Cash...

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to let y'all know....
    Those that LOVE the music of the series the album has been released so you can get your hands on it on iTunes.
    Intro Theme <3

10+ Year Old Account

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    myeh don't really like the Warhammer, it's to.... fancy, I always saw it as a huge block of mental on the end of a rough wooden pole, no decoration, nothing unneeded, just solid metal and raw power.

longclaw and Ice are kinda rubbish too, Needle looks great though.

Deleted
    Is there any books or other source that goes deeper into the time before song of fire and ice is set, such as when Aegon Targaryen conquered Westeros?, i've read most of the wiki stuff but was hoping for something in term of story based.

I'm currently half way through the second book and really enjoying it and hoping to get them all done for the release of the new book

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Landfall View Post
    Just to let y'all know....
    Those that LOVE the music of the series the album has been released so you can get your hands on it on iTunes.
    Intro Theme <3
    There was some pretty great music

Quote Originally Posted by black-morph View Post
    Is there any books or other source that goes deeper into the time before song of fire and ice is set, such as when Aegon Targaryen conquered Westeros?, i've read most of the wiki stuff but was hoping for something in term of story based.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Dunk_and_Egg

T
    hese are supposed to be set about 100 years before the events of GoT, but I haven't read them myself.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    hey guys, so after the first season i couldn't wait anymore so i went ahead and read the second book and i will only say that if HBO faithfully follows the books there will be crazy things happening that will make you jump up and down. and for those who enjoy strategy games here is a little gift:
    http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/r...balcoholic.jpg

this mod for Medieval 2 Total War is still under construction but when the makers are done there will much joy sieging King's Landing killing Joffery over and over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    That last Episode was rediculous. I knew that Dani was "the dragon". Plus, some deepshit is gonna happen now that there are three new born dragons.

and, i was wondering, Was this first season the entirety of the first G.R.R.M novel? or is there more of the novel to reveal in Season 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    That last Episode was rediculous. I knew that Dani was "the dragon". Plus, some deepshit is gonna happen now that there are three new born dragons. and, i was wondering, Was this first season the entirety of the first G.R.R.M novel? or is there more of the novel to reveal in Season 2?
    The first season covered the first book, for the most part. There was a small bit from the 2nd book in the first TV season.

More or less yes. Book 1 (A Game of Thrones) is season one of hbo's Game of Thrones. There's a few small scenes that were moved from book 2 to the first season (aswell as some new scenes that weren't in the book) but for the most part it is quite faithful to the book despite being an adaptation of it.

Now if only those fangirls can stop mooning over Drogo and Robb...

Yep, that was almost exactly where all the major storylines in book one wrapped up. About the only thing from book 2 was Arya meeting up and leaving with the Night's Watch. In the book her last chapter ended right when Yoren grabbed her in the crowd, if I remember right.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus, another thing that was good about the last episode.

Dany looked fucking hot when she had the three dragons in her hands

Quote Originally Posted by jamlol View Post
    Yep, that was almost exactly where all the major storylines in book one wrapped up. About the only thing from book 2 was Arya meeting up and leaving with the Night's Watch. In the book her last chapter ended right when Yoren grabbed her in the crowd, if I remember right.
    Yeah, her final chapter has her being dragged off by the hair, its meant to be a cliff hanger that implies shes going to be killed/sold off by Yoren. Instead they combined two events from book two with her fighting Lommy and Chickenpie (It was pie something) and her leaving with Yoren to go north. Both of which happened in book two and the fight was actually much later in the book.

"Winterfell!"

"Hot pie! Hot pie!"

I seriously laughed so hard when I read that. And then I cried.

Where is the gold hidden in the village? The worst part for me in the series.. fuck.