10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The showrunners said they pushed the casting of certain characters from Clash into Season 3 because they couldn't really afford to hire a bunch of actors and have them wait around for their characters to become important to the plot.

I'm pretty certain that he's going to be introduced and his storyline will be elaborated and extended through at least Season 3. If they followed the books to a T, both Theon and Ramsay would be written off the show for a minimum of two years, since they're not actually seen again until Dance.

Also, Martin is a supervisor and executive producer for the show who helps in casting and writes. He even wrote a season 1 episode in which a character got killed off who survived in the books. He's given the showrunners an outline for how the rest of the series will play out and has ensured that they won't make any changes that'll alter the outcome of the books.
    Yeah, you're right. I'm still a little fearful of Roose and Ramsay being merged into one character, and to see Theon's full CoK arc this season something along those lines will need to happen. Or the story will go in a totally different direction, which is possible but nonetheless dubious.

But yeah. I still have faith; I think it's been a strong season so far, and the good stuff is only just ramping up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Is it sunday yet?
    Soon, but not soon enough.

Casting for S3 has started too. Apparently Shireen is in, and... Daario. >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    no frakkin way! I've just gone back to watch it again, and that was totally tenpole tudor :P Was talking about him the other day.. jesus he's lookin rough :S
    Yes, even the wife didn't believe me, she had to rewind it and watch it again Glad to see my eyesight hasn't been lost despite my age

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    This was partly answered already. The other part of the answer is where the houses that switched allegiances were from. They were from the Stormlands. By right, they should have been backing Stannis from the beginning. They all owe fealty to House Baratheon, and Stannis is now the only surviving Baratheon.

There were houses from around Highgarden with Renly's camp too. In the book, some of those went over to Stannis too, but some (most?) went away with Loras... can't say anymore.
    I know a few people responded, just wanted to say thanks.

I recall Stannis saying all of his bannermen had changed to his side except the Tyrell's house.

I thought some of them wouldn't go back to Stannis purely as they had sided with Renly and would be punished. Was hoping some would have gone over to house Stark but if some went with Loras, this would make more sense.

Cheers
    Last edited by mmoc97af2d3628; 2012-05-03 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Added second quote

Quote Originally Posted by sonof View Post
    I recall Stannis saying all of his bannermen had changed to his side except the Tyrell's house.

I thought some of them wouldn't go back to Stannis purely as they had sided with Renly and would be punished. Was hoping some would have gone over to house Stark but if some went with Loras, this would make more sense.

Cheers
    Don't get your hopes down until end of the season

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Casting for S3 has started too. Apparently Shireen is in, and... Daario. >.<
    Daario is likely to be a pretty important character.

This is just some speculation, but there are actually rumors that (spoilers for all five books) Daario is actually another identity of Jaqen / The Alchemist / Pate, or that The Alchemist and Pate are meant as a misdirection. Crazy, huh?

While the Alchemist and Jaqen's second face are obviously the same, a lot of people missed the more subtly descriptions of Daario's appearance, which are spread out over [I]A Storm of Swords[/I]. Both the Alchemist and Daario have curly hair, a hooked nose, a gold tooth, and a beard.

There are other hints. For example, Jaqen told Arya that he was going to travel far away across the Narrow Sea before he left her. In the second chapter of [I]A Dance with Dragons[/I], it's stated that Dany sent Daario away from Meereen on a mission, and in the first chapter of Feast, the Alchemist arrives in Oldtown at the same time as the rumors that Dany and her dragons are in Meereen.

Of course, that's just wild speculation suggested by a small number of people, but it's certainly interesting to consider.

15+ Year Old Account
    Snip.
    The first part of that I certainly agree with, but as far as the Daario part I don't know if I can buy that. Unless I am drastically misunderstanding the timeline, there is no way at all Daario/Jaqen could have traveled from Meeren to Old Town that fast. I assume that such a journey would take months, especially considering whatever he is doing in OT. How would he be able to negotiate with the Lamb folk at all and travel to Old Town without it taking way, way too much time abrring a mystical ability to rapidly travel. If they all end up being the same guy though, Martin is even more amazing than I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Soon, but not soon enough.
    Awesome trailer was it just me... or was there a certain flame-touched Wildling at the end there

also I'm guessing we see the King's Landing Riot in this episode...... I wonder if they will include all that happens? for example the high septon getting killed, and the ....unpleasantness with Lollys, and I PRAY they don't remove the hound being a pimp.

gah! I can't wait
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I was not sure about the red god line, I was about to reread the book until I read it here

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    The first part of that I certainly agree with, but as far as the Daario part I don't know if I can buy that. Unless I am drastically misunderstanding the timeline, there is no way at all Daario/Jaqen could have traveled from Meeren to Old Town that fast. I assume that such a journey would take months, especially considering whatever he is doing in OT. How would he be able to negotiate with the Lamb folk at all and travel to Old Town without it taking way, way too much time abrring a mystical ability to rapidly travel. If they all end up being the same guy though, Martin is even more amazing than I thought.
    The Alchemist arrives in Old Town at the same time as the rumors of Dany and her dragons being in Mareen, meaning the ship that carried the Alchemist may have been the same ship that carried those rumors.

Quentyn Martell is revealed to have departed from Dorne to cross the Narrow Sea fairly early in [I]Feast[/I], and arrives in Mereen in the same chapter that Daario returns from his mission. It's actually stated outright in the books that if Quentyn had left from Oldtown, it would've been a longer voyage but he could've slipped out of Westeros completely undetected. Quentyn also faced several delays in his journey, in Volantis and Astapor.

The only timeline problem that leaves is the identity of the Pate seen at the end of Feast, which should occur shortly before Daario returns to Mereen, making it impossible for them to be one and the same.

And again, it's also possible that Jaqen is Daario and the Alchemist/Pate is someone else entirely, created as a misdirection, which would make the reveal that Jaqen is Daario a pretty big twist.

If Jaqen is Daario, you also have to wonder what he'd be doing with Dany. Assuming he's working with Euron and was also responsible for the murder of Balon and tasked with recovering a tome or artifact from the Citadel, then it stands to reason that his goal in Essos is to ensure that Euron is the only suitor Dany can pledge herself to, and to perhaps to assassinate Victarion in order to prevent him from taking Dany as his own.

Like I said before, wild rampant speculation. It may be something, or it may be nothing. Just keeping my mind open.

I'm always seeing this episodes so late. Anyway, my favorite scene of the whole TV series so far has to be Tywin and Arya. The whole series has a great cast and great actors but those two are the best in my opinion. I can't wait to see Tywin bitch slap Joffery when he gets to Kings Landing

Also can't wait to see the House of Undying scenes. Anyway, anyone know if the soundtrack for the series is available for download? I love the music in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, that's just wild speculation suggested by a small number of people, but it's certainly interesting to consider.
    The biggest hole is in the semi-transcribed TWOW Tyrion chapter: Daario is still a captive outside Mereen, and one of the hostages Tyrion/Jorah are considering to save to get in Dany's good books. The timeline would have to be skewed pretty massively for him to be doubling up as Pate.

It's not impossible, but still... I wouldn't really bank on it.

And yeah, the Undying will be great if they do it right. I want to see Rhaegar and ELIA OF DORNE. Say the name! x.x
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-05-04 at 01:02 PM.

Jaqen said "The Red God" in the book. It's not an alteration.

The most prevalent theory is he used the Red God since they were going to die by fire. Were they drowning, he may have said "The Drowned God.
    While I haven't got that far in book two, I skip around alot following the pov characters, in the show he said she stole three deaths from the red god and must pa them back. So if fire=red god wouldn't they have to be payed back in fire?

Quote Originally Posted by phenom568 View Post
    While I haven't got that far in book two, I skip around alot following the pov characters, in the show he said she stole three deaths from the red god and must pa them back. So if fire=red god wouldn't they have to be payed back in fire?
    This... gets explained later on. Let's just say Jaqen has an as-of-yet (in the show) unexplained view on religion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    This... gets explained later on. Let's just say Jaqen has an as-of-yet (in the show) unexplained view on religion.
    Well, the concept was explained quite succinctly by another foreigner from Essos in Season 1: there is only one god and his name is Death. To elaborate the concept ever so slightly: there is only one god and his name is Death, but he has many faces.

Deleted
    I'd just like to chime-in this question if you don't mind because I was wondering if there was more to the books than the TV show gives away:

Does King Joffrey have any redeeming qualities as a king or human being?

Because even for an antagonist he comes across like an impossibly evil and one-sided twat. The more we see of him the more he seems like a caricature. So far the only remotely positive thing I can think of is that he's not stupid.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2012-05-05 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    So far the only positive thing I can think of is that he's not stupid.
    No, he's pretty stupid too. Him killing Ned Stark is the reason they're fighting a war on 3 fronts. His actions as of late regarding King's Landing have the entire population enraged. Sansa's his only bargaining chip with the North and he's entirely comfortable to just obliterate her. Both Cersei and Tyrion wield more actual power than Joffrey and yet he continues to threat them both.

A Song of Ice and Fire is a universe where nearly everyone is simply out for themselves. In this series there's no such thing as black or white morality--except in a few cases. We already saw one such case and he had his head cut off. Joffery is another case--just with the opposite morality.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he's pretty stupid too. Him killing Ned Stark is the reason they're fighting a war on 3 fronts. His actions as of late regarding King's Landing have the entire population enraged. Sansa's his only bargaining chip with the North and he's entirely comfortable to just obliterate her. Both Cersei and Tyrion wield more actual power than Joffrey and yet he continues to threat them both.

A Song of Ice and Fire is a universe where nearly everyone is simply out for themselves. In this series there's no such thing as black or white morality--except in a few cases. We already saw one such case and he had his head cut off. Joffery is another case--just with the opposite morality.
    Agreed. You have to remember in the books he's only 12. He's stupid, the same way Cersei is stupid. They think they are much smarter than they really are but make stupid decisions(as said, like Ned).

The only thing I can say makes me feel any pity for him at all is in the books he's constantly seeking the approval of his father and feels like he never gets it, which imo is one reason he's kind of fucked. Something they don't explain int he series but in the books is Joff is the one who hired the man to kill Bran. He heard his father talk about how he'd rather be dead than be cripple or how being a cripple is no life(something like that) so Joff wants to kill him because he thinks it's what his father wants.

He's a little shit and defiantly one of the only pure 'evil' main characters, but I felt I could feel a little bad for him sometimes. Ofc, then he goes and does something awful and you hate him again. =]

I don't know if I'd call Cersei stupid so much as insane and paranoid. After all, she's frighteningly effective at wresting power from people - she's just so paranod that it might be taken from her that she does completely unreasonable things and is willing to sacrifice effective council members if it means keeping her power.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    Something they don't explain int he series but in the books is Joff is the one who hired the man to kill Bran. He heard his father talk about how he'd rather be dead than be cripple or how being a cripple is no life(something like that) so Joff wants to kill him because he thinks it's what his father wants.
    Hasn't been in the series yet because the passage where it's revealed to the readers is in A Storm of Swords

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasn't been in the series yet because the passage where it's revealed to the readers is in A Storm of Swords
    With as much as they're mixing everything up to make it easier for the reader I was surprised they didn't explain it though. Tbh, I doubt they ever will. It's not really something non-readers worry/care about and they seem to be cutting a lot of that out.

I don't find Cersei intelligent. Maybe not stupid, but definitely not intelligent and makes a lot...lot of stupid decisions.

Interesting second name, shame I was hoping to watch him get mauled
    Last edited by theturn; 2012-05-07 at 06:08 AM.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB