Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    the lion's face looks really weird. i can't say what it is, just really weird. a bit too human.

Just for some clarification on the new mount;

Manticoras = Body of lion, human face, spikes on it's back and a scorpion tail.

Wyvern (on WoW) = Very much like Manticoras, you can actually see a hint of a human face on the Wyverns, the difference is that it has bat wings and no spikes.

This lion however, is actually a form of Sphynx, Whom could be shown as having Human torsos, wings and a lion body, but could also have goat heads, or could simply be winged lions, which seems to be the case here.

Also, that's doesn't seem to be a scorpion stinger on the tip of it's tail, because you know... lions have a tuff of hair on the tip of their tail, in case you guys hadn't noticed *rolls eyes*
    Of course, it's still unfinished, but it doesn't very much look like a scorpion stinger, the poison chamber would have to be more round and bulkier, and the sting more curved.

So in short; It's not a Wyvern nor a Manticore, you'd have to be blind to think that I'm sorry.

Learn your mythology before spewing nonsense people!
    Last edited by Odd Owl; 2011-03-16 at 03:10 PM.

Like the new mount. I can't wait to see the finished product!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never heard of a sphynx with a goat head(s), Odd Owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Leowyld View Post
    I have never heard of a sphynx with a goat head(s), Odd Owl.
    I know, it's rather rare, and was more common in the Sumerian Culture, way before the Egyptians :]

Here I managed to find a photo for your viewing pleasure;

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_niMVfW8Brqs/Rs...c/IMG_0266.JPG
    Last edited by Odd Owl; 2011-03-16 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Yay, more survivability for frost mages!

A much needed buff to frost mages who were looking a little weak in PvP.

/sarcasm

Personally, i think the winged lion or Sphinx or whatever will be tol'vir archeology. seems inline to me.
    Uldum is kinda Egyptiany.

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    The lion looks terrible. Hire a new texture designer please. It looks like it's made of chalk or something.
    AGAIN READ THE TEXT it is a work in progress meaning not done unfinished its the ptr meaning it can be changed nothing is final

Quote Originally Posted by Franzeska View Post
    Hmm the "flying lion" looks a lot like it takes inspiration from a manticore. The lion's mane and body, large wings and scorpion-like tail are all pretty standard features. Looks interesting anyway, can't wait to see the model with finished textures.
    a wyvern is closer to a mianticore than this. theyre prolly usuing a wyvern body to get lion with wings, slapped some better wings on, and the alliance guild mount head on it. work in progress, but cant wait to see the finished product.
    also... anyone else see the 700 stam on the staff from Ahune? hello mage/warlock tank lol.
    (dont flame me i know the stat points havnt been allocated to intel yet)

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd Owl View Post
    Just for some clarification on the new mount;

Manticoras = Body of lion, human face, spikes on it's back and a scorpion tail.

Wyvern (on WoW) = Very much like Manticoras, you can actually see a hint of a human face on the Wyverns, the difference is that it has bat wings and no spikes.

This lion however, is actually a form of Sphynx, Whom could be shown as having Human torsos, wings and a lion body, but could also have goat heads, or could simply be winged lions, which seems to be the case here.

Also, that's doesn't seem to be a scorpion stinger on the tip of it's tail, because you know... lions have a tuff of hair on the tip of their tail, in case you guys hadn't noticed *rolls eyes*
    Of course, it's still unfinished, but it doesn't very much look like a scorpion stinger, the poison chamber would have to be more round and bulkier, and the sting more curved.

So in short; It's not a Wyvern nor a Manticore, you'd have to be blind to think that I'm sorry.

Learn your mythology before spewing nonsense people!
    don't manticores have fluffy tails made of needles filled with instant death poison they can launch at people? (much like nettles, minus the launching of course, it's a nettle, not a triffid)
    they also have three rows of teeth and can speak

and wyverns in mythology BTW are basically proto drakes :P (for you people who were curious as to what non-WoW wyverns would look like)

now I want blizz to make mythological manticores a horde land mount and longer legged proto drakes as flying ones (although that may be due to me playing too much monster hunter and wishing I could ride a kut-Ku around... WTB pink and yellow proto drake )

edit: a manticore :P
    Last edited by mmoc41ce4810a1; 2011-03-16 at 04:20 PM.

dig the lion, looks like something from a uldum themed raid maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ice barrier damage increased by 120% ? WTF man, were devs fucking stoned when they implemented this? its freaking nuts! THIS CANT BE RIGHT.
    On the other hand warrior gets nerfed and damage buffs to compensate are gone, great job blizz listening to 1k rating scrubs

Heh, now give that new mount draconic wings and we'd have a way better Wyvern mount model then we currently have with the monkey face.

Lion = new wyvern? As Horde i've always felt like we get really crap flying mounts, while the alliance gryphons look kickass.

Quote Originally Posted by Campechano View Post
    Ice barrier damage increased by 120% ? WTF man, were devs fucking stoned when they implemented this? its freaking nuts! THIS CANT BE RIGHT.
    On the other hand warrior gets nerfed and damage buffs to compensate are gone, great job blizz listening to 1k rating scrubs
    SHUT THE HELL UP! The datamined info say 13%! AND IT'S A FREAKIN PTR SO PLZ GET OVER IT. LIKE YOU SAID, THIS CANT BE RIGHT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Campechano View Post
    every time someone takes PTR and datamined changes as final, hitler's ghost kills a kitten, on the plus side, the tears allow mages to conjure water

The lion looks Egyptian-like, but I don't think it will be from Tol'vir Archaeology, since they already have a mount (battle tank). Ramkahen already has the camel mounts, so I don't see them getting the lion mount to sell at exalted. None of the new dungeons in 4.1 looks to fit the style to drop such a mount. It doesn't quite look Alliance-ish so I don't see it being an Alliance gryphon remodel.

That leads me to think that it is:
    1. Uldum taxi mount
    2. TCG mount
    3. Blizzard store mount

I don't see them going through the trouble for Uldum taxis, though.

It could very well be a mount that won't see the light of day until 4.2 and will be available somehow in 4.2.

Mages are soo O.....over rated.

My highest lvl Mage is 34 I stopped playing him because talk about dull danielson.

Deleted
    it looks like it would fit in with the uldum art style, but it's armor seems to be made from elementium, so it could be that the tolvir are thanking us by giving us a winged lion, or, it's something someone brought back from the skywall whilst we kicked al akir's windy ass, or maybe it's from the firelands and it's a type of feline fire elemental and blizz have either got an awesome fire texture to make it look like the body is white hot (ouch for the riders), or maybe they've changed it so when they finish it, it will have a different colour?

or maybe it's the gladiator mount?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    I'm going to be going for that lion, i don't care what it takes! i'm going to love it as long as it isn't some crappy purple colour that's made of smoke...oh wait...