Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool St. Patrick's Day - What's your favorite drink??

With the upcoming holiday, I thought I'd take a moment to ask other MMO-Champ members how they most enjoy celebrating St. Patrick's Day. Specifically, I'm interested in hearing what your favorite drinks are. A few categories I thought of off the top of my head are: Favorite Beer (list Domestic and Imported if you like), Liquor/Shot, Mixed Drink, Mixed Shot, etc.

For me

Favorite Domestic (US) Beer: Edmund Fitzgerald Porter (Great Lakes Brewing Company)
    Favorite Imported Beer: Haven't had many imports, but I found Chimay - Grande Réserve to be an excellent pick.
    Favorite Liquor/Shot: Tough one, probably have to go with whiskey, though I don't stick to any specific brand. I'll drink it if it's there.
    Favorite Mixed Drink: Seven & Seven (Seagram's Seven Whiskey and 7-UP)
    Favorite Mixed Shot: Either a Starry Night (Jägermeister and Goldschläger) or Liquid Cocaine (Jägermeister, Goldschläger, and Rumple Minze)

Hoping to hear of some new drinks to try. Have a happy St. Patrick's Day everyone, and be sure to celebrate responsibly

10+ Year Old Account
    Southern comfort and coke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Jameson all the way baby!

10+ Year Old Account
    Irish Car Bombs! going to do probably 20 of them easily tomorrow.

I love pretty much all beers.... sorta.
    Survival is Key

Domestic: Sam Adams
    Import: Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier (one of, if not THE best hefe out there)

I'm not too much on the mixed drinks, so pretty much straight Bushmills for me.
    Nowhere in the bible does it say that Jesus isn't a raptor

Quote Originally Posted by Joben View Post
    Irish Car Bombs!
    So an american walks into a bar in dublin. he steps up and asks the bartender: "give me an irish carbomb!"

The bartender stares at him for a moment, before pouring two shots of 151 and setting them on fire.

"We don't serve irish carbombs, but we do serve twin towers."

OT: my favourite drink is alcohol.

these threads are always the same
    stay at home nerds try and come up with the name of the most obscure sounding beer, and pass it off as their favourite.
    OP as my evidence

Favorite Domestic (US) Beer: Budweister.
    Favorite Imported Beer: McEwan's Scotch Ale.
    Favorite Liquor/Shot: Evan Williams double-tall. Cheap whiskey with a rough hangover, ... wouldn't want it any other way :P
    Favorite Mixed Drink: Iceball - 1 pt. Peppermint Schnapps, 1 pt. Hpnotiq, 2 pts. Bacardi 151, served with crushed ice, Bacardi poured on top of drink with a sprinkle of cinammon, then lit on fire
    Favorite Mixed Shot: Screamin' Dead Nazi - Jägermeister, Peppermint Schnapps, and Bacardi 151

15+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Gen OT is a fine beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Morv View Post
    these threads are always the same
    stay at home nerds try and come up with the name of the most obscure sounding beer, and pass it off as their favourite.
    OP as my evidence
    Actually, I live in Northern Ohio, which is home to the Great Lakes Brewery that makes Edmund Fitzgerald. Picked up a 6-pack at the store one day because I wanted a dark, robust beer and Guiness wasn't cutting it. Get it almost every time now. Also, was gifted the Chimay when I moved (though I have seen it in some grocery stores), and couldn't believe how delicious it was. I would stock up on it, but it's $9+ a bottle and I'm broke from putting myself through college. On that note, off to a friend's place to have a few drinks, then to a pub tomorrow to get smashed.

And that Screamin' Dead Nazi (Jägermeister, Peppermint Schnapps, and Bacardi 151) sounds rough. May have to give it a go.

EDIT: Thanks for moving the thread, guess I went straight to the first General forum I saw rather than Off-Topic:General

10+ Year Old Account
    Water.

Don't drink alcohol because my livers fucked, but not because of drinking beer, rather cola.
    Signatures are overrated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite beer: Guiness
    Favorite beer brewed here in the US: Sam Adams Octoberfest (too bad it's only sold 2 months out of the year). When that isn't available, their Irish Red, or Scotch Ale isn't too shabby. Failing that, Killians or Yuengling Lager.

Bourbon: Knob Creek
    Whiskey: Bushmills
    Vodka: Stoli (you can keep that overpriced designer vodka away from me, thank you very much)
    Tequila: Patron or Cabo (I'm strictly a Repasado guy. Blancos are only good for mixing IMO)

If I want an after dinner, sweeter liqueur, can't go wrong with 3 fingers of Grand Marnier straight.

In over 20 years (of legally drinking), I have yet to acquire a taste for Scotch. Pity. I love the smell. IDK what the problem is.

And would you believe I rarely drink? LOL. It's true. I might have 12 drinks a month in a heavy month (and can go 2-3 months without a single drink). I cannot recall the last time I was drunk. I guess I got that out of my system in my younger days.
    Last edited by Disenchanted; 2011-03-17 at 06:33 AM.

I drink Jameson's on St. Patrick's Day.

I drink Rye or Scotch in general.

Nordlands pils and Jaegermeister.
    I'm not the most advanced individual.

Though we don't celebrate St. Patrick's day here in Norway, I still "celebrate" it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Favorite beer: Guiness
    Favorite beer brewed here in the US: Sam Adams Octoberfest (too bad it's only sold 2 months out of the year). When that isn't available, their Irish Red, or Scotch Ale isn't too shabby. Failing that, Killians or Yuengling Lager.

Bourbon: Knob Creek
    Whiskey: Bushmills
    Vodka: Stoli (you can keep that overpriced designer vodka away from me, thank you very much)
    Tequila: Patron or Cabo (I'm strictly a Repasado guy. Blancos are only good for mixing IMO)

If I want an after dinner, sweeter liqueur, can't go wrong with 3 fingers of Grand Marnier straight.

In over 20 years (of legally drinking), I have yet to acquire a taste for Scotch. Pity. I love the smell. IDK what the problem is.

And would you believe I rarely drink? LOL. It's true. I might have 12 drinks a month in a heavy month (and can go 2-3 months without a single drink). I cannot recall the last time I was drunk. I guess I got that out of my system in my younger days.
    Totally agree with the expensive vodka comment, I'll stick to my 15 bucks a handle cheap vodka that still gets me wasted.

OT: I'll drink pretty much anything, anything is better than the sh!t we drink at college. But I've really acquired a taste for Sam Adam's, and Oktoberfest when its out. And shots of Tequila all the way.

St Pat's day drinks....deff irish creme and peppermint schnapps together. <3
    Raaaa!

Deleted
    Belgium beer because it's the only beer in the world. Tho a Guinness or 2 is nice too.

As for whiskey, basically anything that starts with Glen is good imo.
    Not a fan of shots etc.

Domestic beer-Hard to say, ain't tried all of them yet...but Old Knucklehead is right up there.
    Imported beer-Just about any beer from Belgium or Germany
    Bourbon-A.H. Hirsch 16 year old. Good luck finding a bottle, very rare nowadays
    Scotch-Ardbeg Lord of the Isles. Again, good luck finding it, was never imported into the US. I smuggled mine in

Don't really care about St. Patricks Day, just another work day for me.

Deleted
    TEA and a smoke!!!
    Don't really drink much anymore, but my personal favourites are brandy and cognac, so i'll vote Henessey Straight, No ice
    Happy St Paddy's day from Ireland by the way !!

Deleted
    A shamrock shake is the correct answer I think.
    However they do taste absolutely disgusting.