Thread: My New PC.

Deleted

Question My New PC.

Hello guys i recently have bought my PC for 1200 Euros, was it worth if for this PC specc?

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
    Thuban 45nm Technology
    RAM
    8.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A88T-M (AM3)
    Graphics
    SMBX2450 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    ATI Radeon HD 5670
    Hard Drives
    977GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 ATA Device (SATA)
    Optical Drives
    TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C ATA Device

Thanks in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, I'm painfully reminded of the redundancy of this post, but here goes nothin'.
    i5. AMD is dated (as is your GPU, in fact.). I'm sure you could have bumped the price down with an intel i5 2500k, an Asus P8P67, and a 560ti. (All are sitting at the best price/performance) right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Once again, I'm painfully reminded of the redundancy of this post, but here goes nothin'.
    i5. AMD is dated (as is your GPU, in fact.). I'm sure you could have bumped the price down with an intel i5 2500k, an Asus P8P67, and a 560ti. (All are sitting at the best price/performance) right now.
    Pretty much. Sucks you didn't ask before you bought. Its fine, but you could have gotten better if you actually did your research before hand and got the new sandy bridge CPU setup.
    The post seems like its just a, should my e-peen be larger now, because of my fully sick rig? And the answer is no, because its outdated from the moment you bought it.

Price compared to specs, no. The parts themselves are worth at most 800 USD.
    New and shiny compppppp!

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if factoring in the cost of labor assuming he paid to have it assembled and shipped he still may have overpaid a tad.

Deleted
    Along with seriously slow RAM.

Quote Originally Posted by HerpaDerpa View Post
    Hello guys i recently have bought my PC for 1200 Euros, was it worth if for this PC specc?

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
    Thuban 45nm Technology
    RAM
    Motherboard
    Graphics
    ATI Radeon HD 5670
    Hard Drives
    Optical Drives

Thanks in advance.
    1200 euros for that ? Hope you can still return it. You could've built twice as good gaming system based on Intel Sandy Bridge for the same money.

Quote Originally Posted by KieranM17 View Post
    Along with seriously slow RAM.
    Pretty sure the ram is standard 1333MHz

Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    1200 euros for that ? Hope you can still return it. You could've built twice as good gaming system based on Intel Sandy Bridge for the same money.

Pretty sure the ram is standard 1333MHz
    Why does it say 669MHz then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iSythe View Post
    DDR double data rate. CPU-Z and the like will report the actual frequency while spec-sheets will say the double (effective rate) because it looks nicer on said sheets.
    Last edited by Wries; 2011-03-18 at 07:29 AM. Reason: doule not dual.. me thinks, also added effective

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iSythe View Post
    Its DDR, it means Double Data Rate. In 99% of the time it is already stated with the double rate.
    In this case its 1333MHz, since ddr3 doesnt go lower then 1k.

@op, i would serioulsy return this configuration. Totally overpriced, you can get better performance for less. As said before, cpu, mobo and gpu can be better for less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HerpaDerpa View Post

Operating System
    MS Windows 7 64-bit
    CPU
    AMD Phenom II X6 1075T
    Thuban 45nm Technology
    RAM
    Motherboard
    Graphics
    ATI Radeon HD 5670
    Hard Drives
    Optical Drives

Thanks in advance.
    You should have asked before you bought it.
    its a bit over the price the video card is a bit dated, so is the motherboard.
    But they are decent.

Could not have put that better my self.

Or if he really liked Radeon video cards even a 6950 2Gb would be a good choice.

No one has mentioned how bad your hard drive is? For that price I would of expected a Caviar black or green minimum. Your hard drive is real slow.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

not to pile on too much but....

right now, the only reason to buy an AMD processor is if your budget is very low. At $120 USD, you can get into a Sandy Bridge i3. Once you get into the 1155 socket, you are wide open for future upgrades.

Basically that means if you're buying an AMD you shouldn't be spending more than $100 USD on the Phenom ii x4 820, or less on the 555 dual core. You could possibly make a case for the 955 at $140 because it's easy to OC, but it's just really hard to justify going into a dead socket if you have any kind of budget.
    Current System - Ultra Budget <$550 (Reused: 19" monitor, KB and mouse)
    Case: Xion Echo $50 PSU: Antec EarthWatts EA-500D $50
    Win 7 OEM: $99 HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 250GB 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s $45
    CPU/MB Combo: MSI 880GMA-E45 / Phenom II x3 720 2.8 (OC 3.5) $150
    GPU: MSI R5670 CYCLONE 1G Radeon HD 5670 $89
    Mem: G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB 1333 (pc10666) $45
    DVD Burner: Asus 24x $18
    - update: 2/16/11 added Hyper 212 CPU Cooler $30

Quote Originally Posted by JustaBigBird View Post
    No one has mentioned how bad your hard drive is? For that price I would of expected a Caviar black or green minimum. Your hard drive is real slow.
    That is a Caviar Black drive.

However, this is only the most recent in a string of threads where people buy now and ask questions later. Will you get decent performance out of this computer? Probably. Could you have done better for the price? Yes. Does it pay to do research before buying? Always.
    Super casual.