Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Farm night tomorrow/tonight. (US realms)

Farm night tomorrow/tonight. Anyone else feeling not so excited to wipe on farm? :/

(And forget that I put US realms in the thread title. That was stupid.)
    Last edited by Viros; 2011-03-22 at 03:24 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Glad I stopped raiding because of people showing up for farm nights and disappointing till next Tuesday.

what is a farm night?

10+ Year Old Account
    The expansions been out for a long time. Every night is farm night. We started having burn-outs last month. 4.2 needs to hurry up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamburger View Post
    The expansions been out for a long time. Every night is farm night. We started having burn-outs last month. 4.2 needs to hurry up.
    Maybe for the few guilds that are 13/13, not everyone is quite up there yet though. First night is farm, next nights are progression.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trunkrollah View Post
    what is a farm night?
    Killing bosses that no longer need to be spent hours or days on learning how to do, usually occurs when raids are reset for the week.

Working on Heroic Omnotron tonight. We're 6/13 heroic 10 man. Haven't killed Conclave/Omnotron/Nef/Council/Cho'gal/Al'akir/Sinestra.

Fact: Took us 20 pulls to kill Valiona Heroic, 2 pulls after we replaced 2 pug dps (2 main raiders were late), 20 for Magmaw pre nerf, but we have trouble lasting longer than 1 ultimate on Conclave. Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaving View Post
    Working on Heroic Omnotron tonight. We're 6/13 heroic 10 man. Haven't killed Conclave/Omnotron/Nef/Council/Cho'gal/Al'akir/Sinestra.

Fact: Took us 20 pulls to kill Valiona Heroic, 2 pulls after we replaced 2 pug dps (2 main raiders were late), 20 for Magmaw pre nerf, but we have trouble lasting longer than 1 ultimate on Conclave. Oh boy.
    Which platform are you guys having trouble on? And kiting the flowers or killing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Viros View Post
    Which platform are you guys having trouble on? And kiting the flowers or killing them?
    First we were killing them with a frost dk kiting them, then we were killing them without any tank, and now we're leaving it to a frost dk to kite them without killing them. This seems the most promise - more dps on bosses overall, less stressful etc. Just need to live through a few ultimates so the tank can get used to picking up the 3rd and 4th groups of adds that spawn.

Seems like it's a player/skill issue with idiots on Wind platform, or if they don't mess up, generally something goes wrong on Frost during ultimate and one person dies.

Hopefully when we put more attempts in, we have a our rogue online and have him learn wind platform, and get swaps properly, kill should be in short order.

screw that, we are pretty far along 8/12 Heroic, and we don't full farm the night, gotta leave something in the bag for cleanup night otherwise people don't show.

Make those bitches wipe the first two nights imo. (we raid 3 nights a week, and rarely a monday to push progression on somehting like heroic conclave or alkir)
    Last edited by mrcontribution; 2011-03-22 at 02:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope my guild burns through farm night so we can start on our Heroics. I literally need nothing from any bosses other than tokens or heroic loot.

we kill 10 bosses on our farm night, 2 wipes in 3 hours. than progress on nef. now, with 12/12 and halfus hc down, farm nights are gone, welcome back heroic progression

P.S. hc halfus down after 6 wipes (1hour 15 minutes)

Farm night for me tomorrow (EU IN YO FACE). Currently at 11/13 heroic, this reset we managed 8 heroics on the farm night, then we started up and shut down progress on ascendant council on two days more, then proceeded to get our second kill of Cho'gall in 2 attempts - that is extremely fullfilling, when you work for a week on a boss, and then the next week everything just goes smoothly and you kill it without a problem. Hoping to get 3 days a week on Sinestra now to finish off the "real" deal, and then we can spend the rest of the tier wiping to Al'akir RNG...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    we can spend the rest of the tier wiping to Al'akir RNG...
    I hate Al'Akir. I want to punch him in his big dumb windy face.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I hate Al'Akir. I want to punch him in his big dumb windy face.
    Tried it for two off nights in 10 man - first time people were just messing up, second we got like 4-5 phase 2 attempts, but eventually the healers just fell behind, and we died sub30% a few times (bad setup, offspec healz, etc). It really is a poor excuse for a fight, "lets throw some heavy hitting RNG at them and see if they survive p1. If they do, hey, theres like a 75% chance for a kill!". Thats not how HC's should be, they should be hard because theyre hard, not because they are ungodly brutal through RNG x.x.

If you're wiping its not farm night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it for two off nights in 10 man - first time people were just messing up, second we got like 4-5 phase 2 attempts, but eventually the healers just fell behind, and we died sub30% a few times (bad setup, offspec healz, etc). It really is a poor excuse for a fight, "lets throw some heavy hitting RNG at them and see if they survive p1. If they do, hey, theres like a 75% chance for a kill!". Thats not how HC's should be, they should be hard because theyre hard, not because they are ungodly brutal through RNG x.x.
    We don't have a problem until right before P3. People die due to stacks of acid rain. I don't think my guild has a good Rythm down for killing adds and keep stacks on him. Once we get a good solid P2 we should put that bastard on farm status, at least on normal
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-03-22 at 03:18 PM.

WHat strat/heals you employing.

My guild is only 8/13 heroic but we didn't have to many problem with ten man Al'akir after weeding out the bads who let even the easy RNG fuck them up.

It is not brutal, its a perfect test to see who is able to avoid many things at the same time. The fight is not hard at all on 10man hc.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

lol, heroic lk anyone?