Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account

New Computer, Display Driver Stopped Responding-NVIDIA

So I recently bought my buddy's computer off of him since he hasn't really been using it and it was all well when I got it off him. I saw that the display drivers haven't been updated since Feb of '10, so I took the liberty of updating the NVIDIA 9800 GT video card so I can play WoW at its potential. Now at random times, WoW can just crash 3-4 times and I get a little popup saying "Display Driver stopped Responding Kernel Mode and has successfully recovered", now it's fantastic to know that it's working again but does anyone have any idea why it'd keep crashing? Any tips/ideas would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try uninstalling the drivers and re-installing.

Sounds like reverting back to those Feb '10 drivers would be a good thing, and also the first step in troubleshooting.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

15+ Year Old Account
    I had this exact same problem with the exact same card. Turned out to be a faulty RAM Module. I'd download memtest86 (you can install it onto a USB stick and its bootable), boot into that and run tests on your RAM for errors.

But.... according to certain fanbois only AMD drivers have problems, YOU MUST BE LYING!!!!!

Try uninstalling the drivers and getting older ones or something, it's always the first step. Or you could even install the same, newest drivers, again.

Bloodsail Admiral dicertification's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    But.... according to certain fanbois only AMD drivers have problems, YOU MUST BE LYING!!!!!
    I thought the same thing lol.

Wanted to add that if you are running windows seven, after un installing your drivers and doing a reboot, remove the device from your device manager and be sure to select the option to remove the driver from the system before installing fresh drivers. Vista may have this option as well.