Thread: Affliction

10+ Year Old Account

Affliction

I hate Affliction, but it looks like to be the only good PvP specc, except in 1v1 where demo probably is good. But if you go in arena's and your demonlogy you won't get high rating, or you could. But you would do better with Affli, you can't deny that.

The only thing that is getting buffed with the patches is Affliction and Demonlogy has been nerfed so harsh.

Affliction
    Haunt damage has been increased by 30%.
    x Shadow Mastery (passive) has been increased to 30%, up from 25%.

look?! this is going to make the Haunt 35% stronger than before, and the healing returned scales with damage you did so it will be 35% more healing too.

I would like to see demonlogy more like a shadowpriest, with metamorphosis being a form /stance instead of having a duration. Because when a demonlogy lock is in 3v3 they wouldn't target you because of metamorphosis but when that is gone, your so vulnerable you are a frost mage without your shields.

I can't say demonlogy is bad atm, but next patch (and now) Affliction is 2 times better with their healing and damage.

What im meaning to say, buff something! and Shadow bolt got like 2.4 sec casting time, its so easy to interrupt that any class can -.-' and the damage of shadowbolt isn't great either. And if you're counting on Molten Core to proc, you can dream! Any good player dispels Immolate and Corruption.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...

Quote Originally Posted by Razstah View Post
    IAffliction
    Haunt damage has been increased by 30%.
    x Shadow Mastery (passive) has been increased to 30%, up from 25%.

look?! this is going to make the Haunt 35% stronger than before, and the healing returned scales with damage you did so it will be 35% more healing too.
    ok....From what I understand, the "Haunt damage has been increased by 30%" means the damage done by haunt when it hits the target....which isn't a dot, so it isn't affected by shadow mastery.....

and even if it was getting 35% stronger, you are complaining because a spell cast every 8-12 seconds and hits for like less than a shadowbolt is getting buffed? really?

Other than that, I agree with most of the post...warlock in arena, in all specs = bad....affliction is slightly better, but only because of UA is at least some form of dispel protection, but it does such a bad job at it, that really, it doesn't make that much of a difference in arena.

yea the haunt change is sad a 10 sec cd the damage has been buffed from 4k to 6k yea locks 15% buff across the board to all specs would make us viable again as far as our damage not our teams senergy/damage

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when healers were scared to death to dispel a UA without planing ahead for it because it actually did good damage and silenced........

Now its just another magic debuff that gets spam dispeld like there is no downside to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veriu View Post
    ok....From what I understand, the "Haunt damage has been increased by 30%" means the damage done by haunt when it hits the target....which isn't a dot, so it isn't affected by shadow mastery.....
    Shadow Mastery applies to all shadow damage - it is the passive ability, not to be confused with Potent Afflictions which only applies to DoTs.

As for Demonology, I think they forgot it existed since so few people play it.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-03-23 at 01:57 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I remember when healers were scared to death to dispel a UA without planing ahead for it because it actually did good damage and silenced........

Now its just another magic debuff that gets spam dispeld like there is no downside to it.
    UA debuffing in most BGs meant dead people it made me love warlocks, and ultimately why i rolled one.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ^This is incorrect. Shadow Mastery boosts ALL shadow damage while Mastery: Potent Afflictions boosts only periodic damage.

10+ Year Old Account

and even if it was getting 35% stronger, you are complaining because a spell cast every 8-12 seconds and hits for like less than a shadowbolt is getting buffed? really?

Other than that, I agree with most of the post...warlock in arena, in all specs = bad....affliction is slightly better, but only because of UA is at least some form of dispel protection, but it does such a bad job at it, that really, it doesn't make that much of a difference in arena.
    It does much more damage than SB (not initially) ...and it heals, which SB doesn't
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.

Deleted
    How does demo do in PvE? 'cause it might just be a specc they want to be used in PvE, instead of PvP. Personally i love affliction, and would never PvP as any other specc

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo is passable on single target fights, excellent on AoE fights, but weaker than Affliction and Destruction against two targets or in high movement fights. It is therefore not well suited to this tier.

In PvP, it's passable 1v1, but against any more you'll spend your whole time in Meta CC'd, after which you're a sitting duck with absolutely nothing but a spell that risks you getting locked out of everything if you start to cast it. You may as well just hit Demonic Empowerment and stand there and try to kill stuff with your FG's Axe Toss and lolstorm - it's like playing an RTS.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2011-03-23 at 03:30 PM.

Let us remember the good times, like last season when as a destro lock I could solo kids with 3 globals, remember that? I sure do remember killing druids and pallys in a single shadowfury/death coil combo.

Quote Originally Posted by helic View Post
    Let us remember the good times, like last season when as a destro lock I could solo kids with 3 globals, remember that? I sure do remember killing druids and pallys in a single shadowfury/death coil combo.
    I still do this! Destro for life.

I wish it would stay like this at level 85 though... I don't want to jump on the affliction bandwagon but I may not have a choice apparently.

Affliction

I'm currently using affliction for arena, the only real threat we generate is soul swap.
    I played demo for a bit, I found I did well with it in BG's, I found it really squishy in arena and I sit at 3.7k res.
    Affliction isn't too bad, in my opinion.

I found my dps in PvE highest as Destro, I haven't tried Demo in instances/raids yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post

some good times.. now they don't care dispelling everything