10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of such. When speaking to Alien races, are you going to hear the same phrase spoken over and over like with KOTOR 1 and 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by greevir View Post
    Speaking of such. When speaking to Alien races, are you going to hear the same phrase spoken over and over like with KOTOR 1 and 2?
    Good lord I hope not. "Judda wanna nonna neenee bohboh" KILL ME!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah ok. I see what you mean now.

Btw Buck, did you read page 123 and 124? I wrote out a little info and all 4 beta cake interview sessions are up.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-02 at 06:03 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Just bought knights of the old republic...I haven't played it before so I hope it will kill some of my SW cravings!

10+ Year Old Account
    Roger. I did. I've read the beta Q&As too. I do like the information. It makes me more excited to play. I just wish I could get a beta invite. Nothing better than first hand experience.

For those of you whom are playing Kotor there is a widescreen fix if you have the disk version of it. Unfortunately steam encrypts the exe so you can't do this fix on the steam version of it. There is a way arround it but i won't link it due to having to use a cracked version of the exe so you can use the widescreen fix. I'm hoping steam picks up the edit to make it work for higher resoulitons. i need to find that patch for beter sound/textures.

btw anyone find a fix for the not being able to move after fighting in melee?

and to keep this on topic:

After reading all this information (especially trolls legthy post and watching the 3 hrs of leaked video i'm happy to see swtor is going in the right direction. I'm just hoping for beta / release annoucements at e3. I'm kind of hoping that crafting becomes as important as it used to be in swg.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I just wish I could get a beta invite.
    ^This!
    More this!
    And a bit more this!
    I think i'd die if opened my e-mail to see a beta key :3

Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    watching the 3 hrs of leaked video
    How did you watch it? none of the links worked for me *sadface*

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Gief link to Beta Q§A
    World of Warcraft wiki
    http://wowwiki.com
    World of Warcraft database
    http://thottbot.comhttp://wowhead.comhttp://wow.allakhazam.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by K1boRG View Post
    Gief link to Beta Q§A
    Page 124 and 127

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Elekar View Post
    How did you watch it? none of the links worked for me *sadface*
    I downloaded it from the betacake website, in the comment section someone uploaded the videos in parts via torrents. It's about 7.5 gigs. Some downloaded pretty fast while others moved at snail's pace. Not sure if the links are still there or even working, but you can try them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post

btw anyone find a fix for the not being able to move after fighting in melee?
    Turn on VSync

There's a couple of things that I thought were really awesome from the new Q&A. The big one being the first "glimpse" at some end-game content.

ah this is making me want to play KOTOR again too. seems a few notable races are missing right now.

still disappointed it's set so far after KOTOR

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    ah this is making me want to play KOTOR again too. seems a few notable races are missing right now.

still disappointed it's set so far after KOTOR
    Yea, i myself recently played KOTOR again and i still love it. I played it differently this time, just went straight strength and just melee'd everyone down lol rather than going caster and spam lightning everyone down.

And you can watch the timelines on youtube, it explains how the story from KOTOR is somewhat linked to TOR (and new lore stuff). I really like the story, actually talking about it makes me want to watch it again lol.

128 pages
    lol
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Georg Zoeller
    That's not our design. For this game, we specifically do not want the player to start off as an 'untrained newb' when they create their character.

Example:

If you start as a Smuggler, you know how to use a blaster quite well, you're the captain of a ship with a reputation, etc.

If you start as a Jedi Padawan, you've had weapon training already and are trained in the offensive and non offensive use of the Force. In conversations, you can 'persuade' weak minded individuals about the droids they are not looking for right off the start, and in combat you are trained to deflect blaster bolts and parry attacks coming from all directions. Think Luke Skywalker in Episode VI, not IV.

We're definitely shooting for a different experience from your standard MMO game start where you barely can hold a weapon and have to 'earn' pretty much any mundane ability by slaughtering peaceful animals of ever increasing size.

This is part of the whole 'heroic' thing we talk about all the time
    This is good to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Info on Digital Download Service, this increases the chance that a release date will probably be announced at E3

http://www.askajedi.com/2011/06/02/e...distrubutiuon/

EA download service is terrible. Kind of disappointed they went this route. Hope they can improve their service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badjonz View Post
    Info on Digital Download Service, this increases the chance that a release date will probably be announced at E3

http://www.askajedi.com/2011/06/02/e...distrubutiuon/
    That is really disappointing. I have always hated the EA downloader. WTB Steam distribution pls!!!!