Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    According to this post on the SWTOR forums, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399584

There's no RNG drops from bosses, each player is individually rewarded with a personalized sack of goodies.
    I read this and i doubt its going to work like folks there are assuming, i imagine the bag will contain some form of currency to be traded for armor and possibly class specific (sockets implants whatever it will be called) to put in your armor.

If there is no randomized boss loot table, it will kill raiding in this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    The more I look at this Sith Inq Sorceror Lightning tree, the more I am considering leveling that character first. It is like Elemental ore-LvB but with more awesomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    1. MMOC is work.
    2. I look at spread sheets all day.
    3. PC load letter? What the fuck does that mean? Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?
    love that movie

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    I read this and i doubt its going to work like folks there are assuming, i imagine the bag will contain some form of currency to be traded for armor and possibly class specific (sockets implants whatever it will be called) to put in your armor.

I don't know if it would kill raiding, but it would certainly vastly increase the consumption rate of content. If everyone is in theory getting an item that is useful to them, the entire raid is going to be gearing up much, much faster than they do in a game like WoW where the bosses have a tendency to drop loot that isn't useful to anyone in the raid for about 8 weeks straight.

Sidenote: Frankly I am convinced that there exists in WoW a program which pulls the strings on what drops in raids based on what classes and specs are active. It lowers the chance of useful stuff being dropped in order to extend the life of content so that Blizzard isn't forced to put out content faster than they are now. /tinfoilhat
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-07-28 at 05:30 PM.

Its ok Jedi Gaurdian uses the 5th form Shien to dps in

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    So as Guardian dps i want strength and will power ?
    STR, WP, and END (as it's like STAM, so more health is always good). Also there will be secondary stats on gear, much like how WoW has haste/crit/mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    I don't know if it would kill raiding, but it would certainly vastly increase the consumption rate of content. If everyone is in theory getting an item that is useful to them, the entire raid is going to be gearing up much, much faster than they do in a game like WoW where the bosses have a tendency to drop loot that isn't useful to anyone in the raid for about 8 weeks straight.

Sidenote: Frankly I am convinced that there exists in WoW a program which pulls the strings on what drops in raids based on what classes and specs are active. It lowers the chance of useful stuff being dropped in order to extend the life of content so that Blizzard isn't forced to put out content faster than they are now. /tinfoilhat
    On your sidenote - That group is larger than you think. I have heard talk about that since the original days of MC and it only seemed to get worse as wintergrasp came around.

As far as the loot bag goes, I love the idea. Everyone gets some credits, a small chance at a blue or mats and an even smaller chance at epic or set items (if there is such a thing.)

I'm all in for that.

Yeah tell that to us the day after prepatch before TBC came out and we got double shaman loot from nef. No one was happy in the guild when that happened.

I wouldn't be surprised. When Magmaw drops the Pally healer chest 6 weeks in a row and we don't have a Pally healer in the raid, it makes you wonder.

I just watched those vids over at justswtor. They really have me jonesing for this game. It makes me wonder if the 200 hours to get to 50 is going to be 120 hours of watching cutscenes. As long as they are engaging, I am cool with that.
    #TeamTinkers

10+ Year Old Account
    But that really only occurs in 10-man. I raided for months in 10-man and probably got all of 3 drops. I raided for 2 weeks in 25-man and almost fully-raid-geared my toon.

Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post

There is probably a class-specific random loot table for your bag. You might get armor, weapons, mods, ect... I mean, we've all heard the new armor system will rely on upgrades than pre-defined stats.

So, if everyone has 12 item slots, 1 weapon w/4 slots, and the "armor" items(head, shoulders, chest, legs, wrist, feet) all have 2 upgrade slots(underlay and overlay, ala KOTOR), then each person will have approx 30 items, more if you dual wield. Companions have 3 fewer primary slots, but that would just mean say, 9 fewer items. So each character is looking at acquiring a total of say, 50 items.

I think when you're looking into having to get that many items, you're not going to have a problem with raiding a lot.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    On your sidenote - That group is larger than you think. I have heard talk about that since the original days of MC and it only seemed to get worse as wintergrasp came around.

As far as the loot bag goes, I love the idea. Everyone gets some credits, a small chance at a blue or mats and an even smaller chance at epic or set items (if there is such a thing.)

I'm all in for that.
    Its a good idea that wow has had for ages, Random dungeon reward anyone? SWTOR has just increased the reward slightly. Some call SWTOR a polished WOW clone in space, to me that is not a bad thing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    Yeah tell that to us the day after prepatch before TBC came out and we got double shaman loot from nef. No one was happy in the guild when that happened.
    That happened to you too? It happened to us IIRC, 3 weeks in a row, one being double Shaman drops and the other weeks had at least one shaman drop.

Then seeing Wintergrasp on multiple occasions drop gear no one in a 25 man raid could use and something all of it unusable, sealed the deal for me.

I was convinced then there was a checking system to limit loot after that and I wear that tinfoil hat proudly.

10+ Year Old Account

Thats not far from the truth. There is a system that Blizzard had announced that, per Blizzard, the system is supposed to increase drop rates for items that are useful for a active class in the raid. All loot is predetermined the moment the raid ID is created. I think the system is probably tweaked often to extend content as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    That happened to you too? It happened to us IIRC, 3 weeks in a row, one being double Shaman drops and the other weeks had at least one shaman drop.

Then seeing Wintergrasp on multiple occasions drop gear no one in a 25 man raid could use and something all of it unusable, sealed the deal for me.

I was convinced then there was a checking system to limit loot after that and I wear that tinfoil hat proudly.
    Yeah it happened on our last raid of the expansion :P

I wish I hadn't vendored my Hunter's entire T1 and T2 Shaman sets I got in the two weeks after that patch went live.

As for Wintergrasp as others have mentioned, ya that pretty much fuels the majority of my theory. Before I quit in late February, my guild did the TB boss every week and got exactly 1 useful piece of loot. Most of our 10 man raids contained 7 classes. Week after week it would be double drops for the classes we didn't have or at best 1 piece of off spec gear. Wintergrasp was just as bad but at least you could do that in 10 and 25 so you had at least a better chance of seeing useful loot go to the raid lol.

True story, I saw more elephants drop in WG than Shaman tier when it was on tier.
    Maybe staying on topic would be better then derailing it for your emo wow talk.

Quote Originally Posted by direarms View Post
    I sense much anger in you.

He was on topic with the current conversation. Go back a page, catch up and then take a nap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because that comment is any better.

Depending on how hard each Operation is or most exactly, how hard each level of the operation is (Normal > heroic) We might not "out gear" it, if they do it correctly. I wish I could find the dev quote where DE said that there is so much to do at end game that you won't NEED to roll an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi. You must be new here, please start on page 1.

Depending on how hard each Operation is or most exactly, how hard each level of the operation is (Normal > heroic) We might not "out gear" it, if they do it correctly. I wish I could find the dev quote where DE said that there is so much to do at end game that you won't NEED to roll an alt.
    I do remember that being said somewhere. I'll see if I can find it as well.

If these so called loot bags are given to everyone and it has roughly the same chance of have gear your specific character needs VS the boss droping all the gear. I'm still cool with that. Let each individual bag have credits, mats, receipts or even gear modifying items with it's own percent chance to drop and still have that small chance to drop that epic your toon can use.

I would almost rather see a loot bag hold some minor things everyone gets but no epics drop than dropping things no one can use or sell. If all this works out to be true, I could see it being a great change to how loot off bosses is done.

15+ Year Old Account

If the loot bag just gives you items specific to your class but not specific to your AC or even better your individual spec, then it really shouldn't be a problem at all. Most of the classes have a couple different stat sets needed depending on the spec, so there will still be a <100% chance you get a useful piece of loot. And ya depending on how the operations scale in difficulty among the different tiers of heroicness it might not be a problem at all. What might be a problem is getting people to do the harder versions of the operations similar to what WoW has. Hopefully they can make the operations unique somehow among the various difficulty tiers. A heroic Eternity Vault that was a wholly different experience would be absolutely incredible. Different bosses, different story, same environment. That would certainly be one of those revolutionary new content mechanics they keep teasing us with.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there are "item modifications" for most pieces of loot correct? By that I mean not just your lightsabre/ranged weapon, but also for your chest, legs, helm, shoulders, cloak, shield/offhandthingy, etc. If that is indeed the case then it seems like there will be a lot, like a whole lot, of pieces of armor and upgrades that you will be after. I think I have seen shots of chest modifications. Not sure how far that system extends to other pieces of gear.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-07-28 at 06:26 PM.