Deleted
    I think there is a big difference between pugs. In Rift, you only Pug with people from your own server. Hence, you are accountable for your actions. A Dungeonfinder for people on the same server is good tool and helps to build communities. The WoW Dungeon browser pretty much brought McDonalds attitude to pugging. A Dungeon became a fast snack, just something you want to get over with. The End. No accountabilty for fuck ups, nothing. I even argued with a long time guild mate about the horrible thing that represents the dungeon finder. It pretty much made me quit pugging alltogether. Whats the point, if you are going with four dicks into an instance, who you'll never see again. It's pretty much like chatroulette. A sea of dicks, where few decent people stick out.

I dearly hope, Bioware does not allow cross realm dungeon runs. It kills the server community, sadly.

One of the best kinds of recruitment is through pugging and finding good solid players who know what they're doing. Comfortability is pretty important to me so running with pugs consistently and then bringing them into the guild works wonders.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Saying "hello" in a friendly way, asking if people know the fights in a way that is not degrading or insulting goes a long way to making a good group and leading to a good community. Pugging is also, IMO, a great way to go guild shopping, or find people who are. I'm personally a big fan of being guildless, sure I love to socialize in G-chat, but sometimes I just like the silence.
    I'll be a friendly Sith Inquisitor healer, who, at least when starting out, will be guildless.
    Can always pick me up though if you have a good and friendly guild
    Just haven't figured out what kind of server to roll on - was healer on PvP server in WoW and that wasn't always fun when just mocking about on my own heh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    One of the best kinds of recruitment is through pugging and finding good solid players who know what they're doing. Comfortability is pretty important to me so running with pugs consistently and then bringing them into the guild works wonders.
    That's how the smaller and non serious guilds got members back in vanilla. They got recruited either when you were leveling or in instances. You'd like so spend time with people you'd enjoyed playing with. With the crossrealm garbage, how the heck is that going to work?

I was checking out the imperial agent and they seem kind of interesting. Rogues always were my favorite class in WoW before cata, and concealment operatives fit the bill perfectly. My only worry is companion stealth. While I'm creeping around all stealthed up, energy knife in hand, will my companion just be sticking out like a sore thumb? I also know that nobody wants to be an Imperial Agent, so even as DPS I might be wanted as a non-sith melee.
    Proud member of the SWTOR champagne room. Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by K0ng View Post
    I think there is a big difference between pugs. In Rift, you only Pug with people from your own server. Hence, you are accountable for your actions. A Dungeonfinder for people on the same server is good tool and helps to build communities. The WoW Dungeon browser pretty much brought McDonalds attitude to pugging. A Dungeon became a fast snack, just something you want to get over with. The End. No accountabilty for fuck ups, nothing. I even argued with a long time guild mate about the horrible thing that represents the dungeon finder. It pretty much made me quit pugging alltogether. Whats the point, if you are going with four dicks into an instance, who you'll never see again. It's pretty much like chatroulette. A sea of dicks, where few decent people stick out.

I dearly hope, Bioware does not allow cross realm dungeon runs. It kills the server community, sadly.
    Agree 1000%
    Cross realm dungeons is a horrible travesty in my opinion, it ruins community and allows people to act like total asses with no penalty for their actions.

Same server dungeon matching is fine because it is a convenience to not look for groups. I personally still like putting my groups together, a nasty habit I picked up in EQ1 where I learned the easiest way to get into a group was to make the group.

4 man instancing with the amount of roles available should be extremely easy to put together.

---------- Post added 2011-07-28 at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingtortoise View Post
    I was checking out the imperial agent and they seem kind of interesting. Rogues always were my favorite class in WoW before cata, and concealment operatives fit the bill perfectly. My only worry is companion stealth. While I'm creeping around all stealthed up, energy knife in hand, will my companion just be sticking out like a sore thumb? I also know that nobody wants to be an Imperial Agent, so even as DPS I might be wanted as a non-sith melee.
    Companions go stealth with you, there was a Sith Assassin vid where he had the Wookie Companion and he went all Chewy ninja and stealthed too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably. I hope the greater spread of hybids allows more people to get into tanking and healing, though I know I won't unless I can get dual-spec.
    Well, if we consider each AC to have two possible roles, then we can see the ratio of tanks to healers to dps. We'll just look at the Republic side for this example:

Guardian: dps, tank
    Sentinel: dps, dps
    Vanguard: dps, tank
    Commando: dps, heals
    Sage: dps, heals
    Shadow: dps, tank
    Gunslinger: dps, dps
    Scoundrel: dps, heals

So the ratio for tanks:heals:dps is 3:3:10, or roughly 1:1:3 (which would make 5-man groups great). If we assume that double-dps classes only consume 1 spot, then the ratio goes to 3:3:8, which is still less higher the optimal 1:1:2. The ratio is still better than WoW's 4:5:22 (or roughly 1:1:5), which could definitely be a good thing. We'll have to see how high the adoption rate for tanks and healers over dps will be. I know I'll be doing my part as a Jedi Sage, primarily healing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great and Powerful View Post
    Words are very unnecessary.
    They can only do harm.
    Do you really want to hurt me?

I don't know about you guys, but 80% of the randoms I did in my server cluster were dead silent. Everyone knew what they had to do so there was no need to say anything.

I really hope you're kidding.
    Depeche Mode - Enjoy the Silence

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingtortoise View Post
    All current information points to your companion matching your stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    The WOW community will be the SWTOR community, there is no way around that.
    Is the WOW community the Rift community too?

Not everyone that is going to play SWTOR is coming from WoW, and the people who are coming direct from WoW with whining and complaining should be readily apparent and have a spot reserved on my ignore list already.

Each Raid has 2 sizes, for 8 and 16 heros, aswell as ajustable difficulty levels. The quality of the loot is based on the difficulty setting of the instance." After every bossfight EACH player gets a bag of Rewards", sais Lead designer Gabe Amatangelo. "Inside that Bag you "can" ( as in possiblitly ) find class specific Items, or Badges which can be used to buy items. You don't have to fight for your rewards." Could a Yellow Poster confirm or deny this? Coz if this is true, i am a happy bunny. Raiding for the fun of it instead of grinding the instance to death because i need one item? That would be awsome !

Edit: some screenshots from the Raid instance.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-w...8,2239260.html

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-w...8,2239261.html

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-w...8,2239262.html

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-w...8,2239259.html

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/star-w...8,2239258.html
    this was posted before but got lost in the pages. it was on the official forums.

imo 8-16 raids sound great and less crowded but ..... this sounds like an awesome loot system. everyone gets a bag that includes badges + class gear. no ninja'ing. no fighting over items. everyone is happy. I could definitely deal with this over the WOW system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Decraven View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but 80% of the randoms I did in my server cluster were dead silent. Everyone knew what they had to do so there was no need to say anything.
    Yep, like i said, McDonalds. *old shit on* back in the good old days, people from the same server were talking, having fund....and explained tactics. maybe it's just me, but i have never been in a Pug with the advent of the Dungeonbrowser, that was fun.

Mystik we were discussing those ar'eound 775 or so i think, interesting leak but we def need alot more info before anything can be debated really.

Pugging is not the way to go about end-game content. The best way to enjoy content (not 5 man dungeons, because, well, thats not end game) is to run with a guild group. Raiding is a lot more fun when you and your guild mates take on the challenge together. If you really think that a group of random people, whether they be from your server or not is the way to 'win' in the end-game raiding scene, well you are misinformed. No matter how successful a PUG may be, you are always going to tackle bigger challenges with a guild group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think pugging wont be as bad in SWTOR. since so every class can perform atleast two roles, it wont be as hard as it is in WoW. The days of spamming trade chat for "LF Tank for Heroic Random then G2G" are over.

and this loot bag is an excellent idea. i hated when rouges/feral druids/enhancement shammys took my gear. made me want to kick them in the nuts. plus, i hope my Gunslinger hat drops from every damn instance with better stats as i move up. that thing looks amazing

Also, from reading the official stats, it said Cunning measures Tech Damage. What type of attacks constitute as "tech damage"? like grenade and that orbital strike the IA does?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    All current information points to your companion matching your stealth.
    Oooo, neat, what I always liked about my rogue was being able to go combat, equip 2 slow, good weapons, and jump out of stealth with an ambush, then follow up with a wtfpwnbbq killing spree. With a companion, I can leap out of stealth and we can both smack the same opponent at the same time with our best openers.
    Proud member of the SWTOR champagne room. Haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Do you really want to hurt me?
    Do you really want to make me cry?

There's only confirmation on respecs at the moment, correct? I'd hate for there to be a multiple spec option when the vast majority of people would just have a DPS and Tank / Heal spec. Though, I hope the increase for how much respecs cost don't increase in such high amounts that after you do 5 (example) you'd probably be better off simply re-rolling that class again since the cost is too high for someone not taking advantage of selling or someone who buys gold / credits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    this was posted before but got lost in the pages. it was on the official forums.

imo 8-16 raids sound great and less crowded but ..... this sounds like an awesome loot system. everyone gets a bag that includes badges + class gear. no ninja'ing. no fighting over items. everyone is happy. I could definitely deal with this over the WOW system.
    I might pick up the new issue of gamestar and translate relevant bits. I dearly hope the writing is not as atrocious as the bit i translated some pages ago.