10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    No game ever released without bugs, even after 6-7 years WOW still has them. As long as the bugs are minor and they work quickly to fix any found i see no problem with an October release. The Devs themselves stated the game is fully playable 1-50, so i imagine many bugs are end game or crafting related.

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 01:23 PM ----------

yea that guy. the lead writer.
    and ive just come to a realization. this is the 1st game i have follow since it was just starting to undergo development back in 07 or 08. i think thats why im so amped for it to get on my PC. its like watching a tree grow. takes forever if ur just starring at it, but leave it be and it will grow quicker :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    yea that guy. the lead writer.
    and ive just come to a realization. this is the 1st game i have follow since it was just starting to undergo development back in 07 or 08. i think thats why im so amped for it to get on my PC. its like watching a tree grow. takes forever if ur just starring at it, but leave it be and it will grow quicker :P
    Plants also grow faster if you shout at them, true fact.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    i will wait a fews week before begin to play, less people on the start, a more stable servers : less d/c.. i hate when there is an army of people at the start of an expansion/new game;p
    They've already stated that at launch there will be phasing to avoid this issue.
    #TeamTinkers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    They've already stated that at launch there will be phasing to avoid this issue.
    And pre-order early access should help ease things a bit too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apolaan View Post
    hey guys check out Betacake.net for any SW TOR leaks.

they said its on the rails from a beta tester, but that is to be expected for a story mmo.

also, that it doesnt look anywhere close to being released november/october, thoughts on this?
    Considering that the same guy said elsewhere in the QA that he doesn't have any experience at high level in the current build and that last build all of the "game-breaking" bugs were in the high level areas, I put absolutely no stock in his opinion about a release date lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Considering that the same guy said elsewhere in the QA that he doesn't have any experience at high level in the current build and that last build all of the "game-breaking" bugs were in the high level areas, I put absolutely no stock in his opinion about a release date lol.
    Good point, well made.

yeah just wait till the full website is up that is just temporary info for now, he has 12 other q/as and plenty of vids/screen shots, just wait and we can all make our opinions then. just keep an eye on that website

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah just wait till the full website is up that is just temporary info for now, he has 12 other q/as and plenty of vids/screen shots, just wait and we can all make our opinions then. just keep an eye on that website
    Ya I've been reading BC for months. Again, that doesn't change it that the guy in the QA, who isn't the same guy who has done most of the QAs, has absolutely no experience in the high level stuff in THIS build. It is impossible to make any sort of prediction about how complete the game is if you haven't experienced 90% of the current version of it.

Ya I've been reading BC for months. Again, that doesn't change it that the guy in the QA, who isn't the same guy who has done most of the QAs, has absolutely no experience in the high level stuff in THIS build. It is impossible to make any sort of prediction about how complete the game is if you haven't experienced 90% of the current version of it.
    yeah, but he even says how half the classes are bugged, and planets were bugged to where you got stuck, so how does that make you feel about early-mid level content?

10+ Year Old Account
    yea, that. i'll stick to not even reading the Q&A's. thats why we have Trolls

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah, but he even says how half the classes are bugged, and planets were bugged to where you got stuck, so how does that make you feel about early-mid level content?
    All of that stuff he is talking about being bugged was Hoth, Belsavis, etc. that is like 30+ content which he hasn't played through in this build so again he has absolutely NO idea if the stuff is fixed or not.

A: No idea, in the prior build, both sides had planets that were broken and became bottle necks. hoping those issues have been fixed now, but not reached that level yet (belsavis for empire and hoth for republic).
    in the prior build
    prior

All of that stuff he is talking about being bugged was Hoth, Belsavis, etc. that is like 30+ content which he hasn't played through in this build so again he has absolutely NO idea if the stuff is fixed or not.
    ok fair enough, but what about the class buggy issue and how IA is pretty much unplayable at the moment ?

10+ Year Old Account
    ok fair enough, but what about the class buggy issue and how IA is pretty much unplayable at the moment ?
    funny...we have seen 2 videos(iirc) of IA doing just fine.

So to anyone with beta access, have you guys seen if the game utilizes 64 bit architecture or multiple cores such as a core I7 CPU so we know our rigs were worth all that hard earned upgrade money .

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm reading through again. Don't remember seeing him refer to anything as "unplayable" in my first read through or any class breaking bugs existing.

Edit: Ya I am not seeing what you are referring to. Hell the word "bug" only appears 4 times on the page, once in comments and that is about the website lol. Feel free to copy+paste any quotes you are referring to.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-07-31 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    funny...we have seen 2 videos(iirc) of IA doing just fine.
    things can happen build to build so you never know, i just dont understand why you guys are so defensive by this game, you act if its going to be perfect. ive already accepted the fact its going to have some issues like every game.

Deleted
    Even so, given the fact that a lot, if not most or all, of the features talked about during SDCC aren't in yet, I'd say that he might be right. Those new features need implementing and testing. And it has also been stated that the Weekend Testing in September might continue through October too. I was optimistic about a September release but with the latest info I don't think I will see this game before November. Maybe October if I feel optimistic, which I don't since the whole Pre Order debacle.

This is all my opinion of course.

I'm reading through again. Don't remember seeing him refer to anything as "unplayable" in my first read through or any class breaking bugs existing.

Edit: Ya I am not seeing what you are referring to. Hell the word "bug" only appears 4 times on the page, once in comments and that is about the website lol. Feel free to copy+paste any quotes you are referring to.
    "Q: It was mentioned in the last Q&A that the IA Operative AC is broken. Could you expand on this? I read somewhere that Operative heals are OP, so does this just mean the Operative dps builds are broken or was that information incorrect? If it is just dps, is only broken because it isn't comparable to the Sniper AC which is supposedly OP currently?

A: The class is not broken in itself, but A LOT of the skills you pick up in the "talent tree" doesn't do anything. that's all.
    This isn't unique to IAs, they just seem to have more broken shit than the average. "

there^^

not doing anything is pretty much bugged/not done yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    things can happen build to build so you never know, i just dont understand why you guys are so defensive by this game, you act if its going to be perfect. ive already accepted the fact its going to have some issues like every game.
    No one expects it to be perfect. We are just trying to stop you from putting so much weight into comments made on a single QA where the guy completely counters his own arguments throughout it. In the QA he says he would give the game a 9.5 as KOTOR 3 but doesn't think it will have enough at end game even though he has 0 experience at end game in the current build to base opinions on.

---------- Post added 2011-07-31 at 09:43 AM ----------

"Q: It was mentioned in the last Q&A that the IA Operative AC is broken. Could you expand on this? I read somewhere that Operative heals are OP, so does this just mean the Operative dps builds are broken or was that information incorrect? If it is just dps, is only broken because it isn't comparable to the Sniper AC which is supposedly OP currently?

A: The class is not broken in itself, but A LOT of the skills you pick up in the "talent tree" doesn't do anything. that's all.
    This isn't unique to IAs, they just seem to have more broken shit than the average. "

there^^

not doing anything is pretty much bugged/not done yet.
    Somehow missed that question, thanks. Ya, no idea. That would be something you would have to experience first hand to know what he is talking about.