Phone friendly mmo-champ!

Hi guys, love the site and appreciate what you do for the fans of world of warcraft.
    Just throwing out a suggestion to make this site more phone friendly, as it can take a bit of time to load pages or browse the forums.
    ,Personally I'm using my android phone while posting this. Is there scope for this kind of work to be done in the future?
    Http://www.Adsam1key.blogspot.com <--- Click and read my blogs on general Tech topics!

This has been brought up many times. It's on the list of "things we'd like to have done", but there's no estimate for when it will be done.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by Adsam View Post
    Hi guys, love the site and appreciate what you do for the fans of world of warcraft.
    Just throwing out a suggestion to make this site more phone friendly, as it can take a bit of time to load pages or browse the forums.
    ,Personally I'm using my android phone while posting this. Is there scope for this kind of work to be done in the future?
    As Elysia said, it's brought up a lot. I don't know how you have your phone set up, but I found that running a custom ROM with a faster kernel and Opera pretty much limits how fast stuff loads to my internet speed. Get the app Quadrant and run a benchmark...if you're below 1300 or so then you've got some phone lag going on.

Hey, i mostly have problems with lag only at fronpage (main forum page).
    Any other page works fine (running at WM 6.5, Opera mobile 10, T-Mobile 3G network)...
    So...i think its becouse of that "who is online" feature, maybe it could be better if you make this feature click-trough, hmm? I guess that my phone dont like to load 15k + links (links to online members profiles) that you mostly never use...

i know, my english sucks, skip that part of my post:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysia View Post
    This has been brought up many times. It's on the list of "things we'd like to have done", but there's no estimate for when it will be done.
    ZOMG! THAT'S WHAT BLIZZ SAYS! YOU ARE JUST BEING LAZY!

But, no, I would love this.

or an app! that'd be cool too!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natic View Post
    Hey, i mostly have problems with lag only at fronpage (main forum page).
    Any other page works fine (running at WM 6.5, Opera mobile 10, T-Mobile 3G network)...
    So...i think its becouse of that "who is online" feature, maybe it could be better if you make this feature click-trough, hmm? I guess that my phone dont like to load 15k + links (links to online members profiles) that you mostly never use...

i know, my english sucks, skip that part of my post:P
    Runs slow on mine too. There is a lot of things on the front page that slow it down that wouldn't be implemented in any mobile design. I doubt any small things will be changed for mobile until a full site is developed, which isn't high on the 'things to do' list.

So basically, a whole revamp of a site for mobile will fix all the problems slowing it down not just making it easier to use on mobile, but I doubt they are going to change these things unless until they develop the whole site.