Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Crusader Talent.. What in the name of Hello Kitty!

"In addition, For 15 sec after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honour your next holy light will heal for 100/200/300%"

Okay so this is a cheap copy of Victory Rush, but why the need to "actively heal"? Considering the time it takes to cast holy light and the high likelyhood of getting silenced/counter spelled/spell locked.

Why not make it so that "For 15 sec after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honour, the cast time of your next holy light is reduced by 0.75sec/1.0 sec. Or your next crusader strike will instantly heal you for 1000/2000/3000?

Just a thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnpreston View Post
    "In addition, For 15 sec after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honour your next holy light will heal for 100/200/300%"

Okay so this is a cheap copy of Victory Rush, but why the need to "actively heal"? Considering the time it takes to cast holy light and the high likelyhood of getting silenced/counter spelled/spell locked.

Why not make it so that "For 15 sec after you kill an enemy that yields experience or honour, the cast time of your next holy light is reduced by 0.75sec/1.0 sec. Or your next crusader strike will instantly heal you for 1000/2000/3000?

Just a thought.
    Or make HL instant ? As it is Victory Rush is far more OP than... this...

10+ Year Old Account
    This talent was not necessarily implemented with PvP in mind, its a viable talent while leveling a retri paladin.

It's not like you lack fast heals to use in oh shit situations in pvp (WoG anyone?)

Deleted
    bcuz palaidns can bubble mmkay??

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    I'd gladly trade my so called OP bubble for the ability to passively heal better than rogues and dps warrs do nowadays.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

The healing increase is quite useful in PvP situations, because even holy paladins manage to score a killing blow every now and then. Plus, if it just an additional effect to something you instinctively take as prot and ret.
    Yes, i agree Victory rush is so much better, but just giving us VR-Paladin edition would be silly.

On a second thought, i wouldn't turn that down...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    This talent was not necessarily implemented with PvP in mind, its a viable talent while leveling a retri paladin.

It's not like you lack fast heals to use in oh shit situations in pvp (WoG anyone?)
    That's exactly what I was thinking. On top of that, the talent is still better than what you had before, which was nothing. Also, it will still be fairly handy for healing up after a fight, and not so much designed for using it to take out multiple players.

It's decent while leveling before cata HP scaling. It's an utter joke at lvl 85 to be sure, mine heals for 25k or so while my warrior instants 50k victory rushes while dealing a bit of damage at the same time. It's ridiculously bad at 85.

Deleted
    It's not like we'll get a huge nerf on WoG (CD anyone?)

Seewutididthere ?
    Try casting in PvP, and enjoy being locked of Holy school, you're left with... hum... CS and TV, great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    That's exactly what I was thinking. On top of that, the talent is still better than what you had before, which was nothing. Also, it will still be fairly handy for healing up after a fight, and not so much designed for using it to take out multiple players.
    That said, a full on healing talent in a DPS spec where they don't want us to "actively" heal others... One would think at face value that is exactly what this talent will encourage players to do. Plus Holy Light casting is laborious in PVP. I really don't see why holy can benefit from passive healing from Judgement and Retribution can't.

20 sec CD, anyone?

bcuz palaidns can bubble mmkay??
    Warriors have shatter and priests have dispel... Enjoy cake.

On a second thought, i wouldn't turn that down...
    Exactly, it's 3 talent points worth of investment, move it down the ladder to make it ret only so QQer's don't flood the forums and make it balanced just like the Judgement heal proc for Holy. Just enough to matter in a fight but not overpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnpreston View Post
    That said, a full on healing talent in a DPS spec where they don't want us to "actively" heal others... One would think at face value that is exactly what this talent will encourage players to do. Plus Holy Light casting is laborious in PVP.
    One would think it's meant to make leveling smoother so you don't have to sit down and eat after every pull, seeing as Protection and Retribution Paladins aren't able to cast more than ~3 Divine Lights before they're oom.

This is the same reason most classes have passive healing nowadays, just because it affects PvP doesn't mean it was designed for that.

Don't forget that Victory Rush requires hitting another target within the window, whereas Holy Light can be cast regardless. They both have advantages and disadvantages, and directly comparing any two abilities/talents from different classes is never fair anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to thumbs this up. My Retri-din is only lvl 62 at the moment, Yet this proc has caused Holy Light to heal for more than 100% of my health everytime. Invaluable for leveling
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Deleted
    Guess how useful Victory rush is when there's no live target in sight.

Because if it didn't heal for loads I wouldn't be able to use it to heal myself as a Prot paladin in Raids and dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalarius View Post
    It's not like we'll get a huge nerf on WoG (CD anyone?)

Seewutididthere ?
    Try casting in PvP, and enjoy being locked of Holy school, you're left with... hum... CS and TV, great.
    Despair.. so delicious..

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I'd gladly trade my so called OP bubble for the ability to passively heal better than rogues and dps warrs do nowadays.
    No one has called Bubble OP in at least 6 months. Your qq is stale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simply make the HL instant cast when Crusade procs. I don't have a damn clue about why they haven't done it in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuagnon View Post
    Simply make the HL instant cast when Crusade procs. I don't have a damn clue about why they haven't done it in the first place.
    Because it's a leveling/farming talent and not a pvp talent and you don't need it to be instant while leveling.

Anyone still confused as to why WoG is getting a 20sec CD in 4.1?
    Retpaladin in terms of players over 2200 rating is lower than most other classes now.. with WoG change we will drop like stones..

10+ Year Old Account
    Some fair points here but i am still of the opinion that perhaps paladins could benefit from passive healing a little bit. A no, please don't mention seal of insight.

---------- Post added 2011-04-03 at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Anyone still confused as to why WoG is getting a 20sec CD in 4.1?
    Retpaladin in terms of players over 2200 rating is lower than most other classes now.. with WoG change we will drop like stones..
    They had the option of fixing so many talents that caused WOG to be OP, talents like Selfless healer, Rule of law, Eternal Glory. Yet they squashed our only instant heal. Ahh well.

Also i forgot to add that prior to this nerf, developers had reduced the WOG scaling from AP modifier for Prot and Ret in earlier patches. That said, lets keep to the topic.
    Last edited by Johnpreston; 2011-04-03 at 12:22 PM.