Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This is fun, so far I've seen being bad at AoE, having no interrupt, having no snare that actually lets us get distance, no spammable CC and no way of getting away from Melee characters being listed as things that make our spec unique and can't be changed because of the scary scary homogenization.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do tend to get annoyed that I don't have an interupt, especially when I see heals being casted by trash/bosses that someone isn't interupting. I would love an interupt even if it was on a 20+ second cooldown. And our lack of useable CC on mobs gets extremely annoying sometimes, I know shackle is a great CC on undead, no one can deny that, but the fact that the only Undead are 4 mobs in HoO (and only one is annoying enough to CC) and in SFK, which is a complete breeze.

Another problem I have with Mind Control is that it makes our target focus us, and no amount of taunting will stop it from getting that one or two hits on us, before it goes off to the tank, so even if it was useable in a raid setting, we would still not use it just for the fact that we'd get killed everytime we use it.

Though don't get me wrong, I love the fact that I don't have to worry about CC, but there are times where I wish I could step up and CC/Interupt when no one else can/is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayona View Post
    As far as I know our only "friendly magic dispell" will be changed to a offensive dispell with the bonus to dispell ourself
    Forgot about this, good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayona View Post
    Also the moonkin-scilence is part of nearly every talentbuild and requires only one talentpoint (we need three). I would say our interrupt is harder to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grogglen View Post
    Balance druids have the option of speccing into Solar Beam aswell
    How could I have forgotten Solar Beam? D: I must have shunned it from memory after all the times I've been hit by the water pillar on Lady Naz'jar because the boomy dropped Solar Beam and I couldn't see the voidzone. So that's Boomies with a 1min CD interrupt for 1 talent point, easier to obtain than Spriests' 45sec 3 talent points. Perhaps you are at the bottom of the barrel for interrupts, but I'm still of the opinion that if you need it, you just have to take it and live with it. If you don't need it, don't take it. If you're the one spec without an interrupt, then there should be plenty of people in line before you in the interrupt rotation that you won't need to be called on anyway.
    Last edited by Renowned; 2011-03-25 at 02:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz most likely has an interupt for priests, but are sitting on it because they can't think of a good name for it. You can't, after all, have a spell titled "This is Priestly interupt"

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Blizz most likely has an interupt for priests, but are sitting on it because they can't think of a good name for it. You can't, after all, have a spell titled "This is Priestly interupt"
    "Hush", and then we could get "Silence" when if spec into it :P
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

To be fair and honest, I would count any type of stun as an interrupt. Repentence, Hammer of Justice, Maim... etc. I mean, it does interrupt that persons ability to cast. I am also aware these abilities will not work on most bosses... but usually work on trash and/or boss adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbo4 View Post
    Nope, Classes are meant to be unique. If you feel the need to interupt, reroll.
    LOL you feel unique playing your class in the current state of the game?! Obviously you haven't been playing very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker View Post
    To be fair and honest, I would count any type of stun as an interrupt. Repentence, Hammer of Justice, Maim... etc. I mean, it does interrupt that persons ability to cast. I am also aware these abilities will not work on most bosses... but usually work on trash and/or boss adds.
    We don't have any stuns either.

Also, an interesting counterpoint to all this "homogenization is the devil" thinking:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ana-burn/page2

Obviously homogenization is terrible when we would be gaining something, but when other classes want something deleted from us then forget those worries and delete it to make us more like the other classes.

Deleted
    Hmm...that might be an interesting idea:

Penitence
    Instant cast 20 second cooldown
    Silences the target and interrupts spellcasting for 4 seconds. The casting Priest is stunned for two seconds.

With a talent that turns it into an AoE stun fro four seconds that also interrupts as a talent? Note that the caster is also stunned as part of the effect. Would that be interesting enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are more than enough classes with interupts in PVe right now and I'm tired of people wanting something because x y or z class has it . I want classes to stay unique as possible. 1st its interupts then some guy is liek hey why don't we all have pally bubbles then they will all want pets....so no just no

If you want to fill a different role in a raid/pvp [B]REROLL[B] every class doesn't need to fit every niche fill every role and be extended the same amount of utility as every other class.

Made by dubbelbasse

Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    There are more than enough classes with interupts in PVe right now and I'm tired of people wanting something because x y or z class has it . I want classes to stay unique as possible. 1st its interupts then some guy is liek hey why don't we all have pally bubbles then they will all want pets....so no just no

If you want to fill a different role in a raid/pvp [B]REROLL[B] every class doesn't need to fit every niche fill every role and be extended the same amount of utility as every other class.
    This might be convincing if you were not posting in the Mana Burn thread saying it's unfair that you don't have Mana Drain. So much for you wanting classes to stay unique, since you are asking for something unique to another class. If you want to drain mana REROLL, as you would put it.
    Last edited by Abandon; 2011-03-25 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshic View Post
    That shaman one is the most OP one I've seen, and not only because of the lowest CD o_O..
    Its not OP...The spell lock from Wind Shear doesn't last long so you can quickly start casting after you've been interrupted by a wind shear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do not want.

I'm perfectly happy with having one less thing to worry about.

WarcraftPriests.com - The Shadowlands Priest Community Website

Join over 100,000 Priests on our partnered Discord server: Warcraft Priests

forgot the Prot Pally's Avenger Shield

you would only need to spec into Silence if you're running in a 10 man setup and even then there should be enough interrupters (I run with a Shadowpriest and a Hunter and neither of them is specced into one)
    Kaeldin the Flamebreaker, lvl 85 Blood Elf Priest [Grim Batol EU]

There is never enough haste to compensate for bad DPS or a stupid tank.
    You can't heal stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by istheshiz View Post
    Its not OP...The spell lock from Wind Shear doesn't last long so you can quickly start casting after you've been interrupted by a wind shear.
    so to get another wind shear lol
    basically you have 2~3 seconds to land a cast between every interrupt.. far from not being op
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

If shadow priests had an interupt in addition to silence, well,....for pvp...

i'll just take any spell with a cast time off my bar, because blizzard obviously doesn't wanting me using those.
    Seeing as every class and often healers have interrupts :/

Quote Originally Posted by notbob View Post
    If shadow priests had an interupt in addition to silence, well,....for pvp...

i'll just take any spell with a cast time off my bar, because blizzard obviously doesn't wanting me using those.
    Seeing as every class and often healers have interrupts :/
    Switch Psychic Horror and Silence in the talent tree.

Add in a Major Glyph of Silence, inspired by Deep Freeze's baseline effect (if the target is immune, then X)
    The cooldown of Silence is reset to 13 seconds if the target is permanently immune to the silence effect. (15 second cooldown, accounting for the server delay)

You get an interrupt that doesn't really change PvP.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2011-03-25 at 08:33 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    Warrior: Pummel (10sec, All specs)
    Death Knight: Mind Freeze (10sec, All specs)
    Paladin: Rebuke (10sec, All specs)
    Hunter: Silencing Shot (20sec, Marksman)
    Hunter: Nether Shock (40sec, All specs [Nether Ray])
    Hunter: Pummel (30sec, All specs [Gorilla])
    Shaman: Wind Shear (6sec, All specs)
    Rogue: Kick (10sec, All specs)
    Druid: Skull Bash (10 sec, Feral; 1min, Balance, Restoration)
    Mage: Counterspell (24sec, All specs)
    Warlock: Spell Lock (24sec, All specs [Felhunter])
    Priest: Silence (45sec, Shadow [Requires 3 Talent Points])

Some of these are harder to use than others (low range without talents, requires shapeshift, etc.), but that's still almost everybody. Do we really need more interrupts than that?
    Druid - Feral requires 2 talent points. Yes, most feral druids take this, but it is 2 points that don't help in DPS in anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Amandil View Post
    Druid - Feral requires 2 talent points. Yes, most feral druids take this, but it is 2 points that don't help in DPS in anyway.
    Do they cost DPS though?

For example, a Shadow Priest can take Psychic Horror without costing them required DPS talents. The same is not true for Silence.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Personnally we have enough to handle in PVE with Hymming and dispells, I want nothing to do with having to interrupt as well. Let someone else do something productive.