Thread: Crysis 2

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    So far its pretty decent. It will get boring really quick, just like the beta did. There is a serious lack of weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great game and really hope that it will become ESPORT type like CS and COD :P Durin Demo i was going insane (2.53 KPD, top 1000 in 600k).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just finished single player and going to try out some MP now!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    Great game and really hope that it will become ESPORT type like CS and COD :P Durin Demo i was going insane (2.53 KPD, top 1000 in 600k).
    I'm not all that great at Crysis, but I do have hopes that it does go Esport.

@ Moaradin: A lack of weapons? There's endless combinations of weapons and perks. A game shouldn't be decided based just on the amount of weapons it has.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been really wanting to pick up a couple FpS games for my new pc and you guys have me really convinced crysis is something I need to buy after reading this thread.

Made by dubbelbasse

Deleted
    this game f*** my graka so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kushlol View Post
    I've been really wanting to pick up a couple FpS games for my new pc and you guys have me really convinced crysis is something I need to buy after reading this thread.
    Glad we could convince you to buy the greatest FPS ever set into existence!

me too! im gonna head on over to demonoid and "purchase" it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jesy View Post
    me too! im gonna head on over to demonoid and "purchase" it
    /facepalm ..... You won't be able to play multiplayer though.... I did the same with Bad Company 2 until i got tired of playing Single Player mode and just went to Steam and bought it... Heh i do that with every multiplayer game....

How this would go to esports etc. when the original Crysis didn't? This doesn't have half of the stuff you could control than on the first one, so hardcore players won't get hyped at all over this. The first one also feels like a masterpiece as a game compared to this one.

I actually liked that you had to use strength mode in Crysis to be able to wield minigun correctly, or have to have stable sniperscope (or better aim with weapons overall). Crysis 2 just got dumbed down version and you got all those stuff on default, and I kind of get depressed of people actually liking this one, where it clearly lacks on every aspect (except maybe singleplayer story) compared to the first one.

And ugh, 55 Field of View + ugly weapon models doesn't help it either...
    Last edited by Kankipappa; 2011-03-26 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterspark View Post
    /facepalm ..... You won't be able to play multiplayer though.... I did the same with Bad Company 2 until i got tired of playing Single Player mode and just went to Steam and bought it... Heh i do that with every multiplayer game....
    Multiplayer does work. The developer beta was leaked, remember?

10+ Year Old Account
    I just completed the campaign, it's worth the play but i wouldn't replay it after finishing the main campaign...

Good points

Great graphics and amazing scenery + eye candy

Alot of stuff happening in the foreground/ background like you walk down the street and a huge alien ship passes by with helicopters shooting at it or you are walking through a sewer and a train crashes through the wall...

Wonderful performance on hardcore settings on my aging computer...

Bad points

No health bar...i had to look at the blood on my screen to see if i was going to die....

The Story....i have completed crysis 1 + warhead but i struggled getting the grasp on who people were and why i was doing things other than "if it shoots at you then shoot back"

Graphic settings.. you are restricted to gamer, advanced and hardcore with no way to manually adjust them...it also wasn't clear which option was the higher quality and which was lower...

Not much diversity in the enemies...you have marine, rat alien (critter that doesn't attack), normal alien (easy to kill 1-3 shots), shield alien (normal alien with an energy shield) , armored alien, tripod (mini boss), stealth alien (end boss) it got really boring just killing the same aliens over and over...

The hud has been over simplified...you only have to monitor energy and ammo...

You only have the choice of 3 modes... stealth, Armour and normal...stealth to sneak up on people or escape then Armour when attacking, if you don't have Armour on then you die in a couple of shots and it drains energy so you need to run away and recharge constantly....

The aliens are red and not blue which made me upset :*(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    I just completed the campaign, it's worth the play but i wouldn't replay it after finishing the main campaign...

Good points

Great graphics and amazing scenery + eye candy

Alot of stuff happening in the foreground/ background like you walk down the street and a huge alien ship passes by with helicopters shooting at it or you are walking through a sewer and a train crashes through the wall...

Wonderful performance on hardcore settings on my aging computer...

Bad points

No health bar...i had to look at the blood on my screen to see if i was going to die....

The Story....i have completed crysis 1 + warhead but i struggled getting the grasp on who people were and why i was doing things other than "if it shoots at you then shoot back"

Graphic settings.. you are restricted to gamer, advanced and hardcore with no way to manually adjust them...it also wasn't clear which option was the higher quality and which was lower...

Not much diversity in the enemies...you have marine, rat alien (critter that doesn't attack), normal alien (easy to kill 1-3 shots), shield alien (normal alien with an energy shield) , armored alien, tripod (mini boss), stealth alien (end boss) it got really boring just killing the same aliens over and over...

The hud has been over simplified...you only have to monitor energy and ammo...

You only have the choice of 3 modes... stealth, Armour and normal...stealth to sneak up on people or escape then Armour when attacking, if you don't have Armour on then you die in a couple of shots and it drains energy so you need to run away and recharge constantly....

The aliens are red and not blue which made me upset :*(
    No health bar because there aren't health bars in real life...
    The story is in depth if you pay attention to cutscenes...
    You don't even know the names of the Graphics settings. High, Very High, Extreme.
    The diversity is in the mix of the squads, not the enemies. You handle a tank alien and a regular alien differently than a speed alien and a tank alien.
    The hud was simplified so you could appreciate the glory of the game around you. It displays everything vital. Energy, Ammo, and a map (Multiplayer.)
    The armor isn't there to make you invincible, the stealth mode is to set up ambushes, and the power mode is to make you more mobile. This isn't a stand up shooter, it requires tactical precision.
    I like red aliens...

There isn't super soldier suits and alien invasions in real life either lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Is this game fine to jump into without playing the previous Crysis Games? If not, can you please tell me the order I should play them? I hate jumping into Sequels without playing through the story of the first game lol
    I havent played this new one, but from what i have read even the character you play is new, so it really doesn't matter if you are new to the series. But i would strongly recommend you play the original Crysis, i remember my 1st play trough and it just blew me away, its a freakin awesome shooter, the story is great and some of the locations on the game are nothing short of modern art pieces and it still looks has good has some of the titles coming out these days.

I'm gonna go buy this game now. >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    No health bar because there aren't health bars in real life...
    The story is in depth if you pay attention to cutscenes...
    You don't even know the names of the Graphics settings. High, Very High, Extreme.
    The diversity is in the mix of the squads, not the enemies. You handle a tank alien and a regular alien differently than a speed alien and a tank alien.
    The hud was simplified so you could appreciate the glory of the game around you. It displays everything vital. Energy, Ammo, and a map (Multiplayer.)
    The armor isn't there to make you invincible, the stealth mode is to set up ambushes, and the power mode is to make you more mobile. This isn't a stand up shooter, it requires tactical precision.
    I like red aliens...
    There isn't giant aliens attacking new york in real life either...
    It's not indepth, it really isn't. I said i was struggling not that i wasn't able to understand the story.
    The graphic settings are "hardcore, Gamer and advanced" on my client.
    No i really dont handle them differently, i stealth to one, gank it, run away, recharge, and repeat.
    I would consider knowing when you are going to die would be equally if not more important than the map.
    There is more tactical precision in crysis1...
    Red aliens are noobs.

And i'm trying to be fair...i'm not saying it's terrible i kind of liked it but not as much as crysis 1...i was just expecting more from the campaign than it gave at least some giant alien at the end inside the spire -.-
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2011-03-26 at 08:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    There isn't giant aliens attacking new york in real life either...
    It's not indepth, it really isn't. I said i was struggling not that i wasn't able to understand the story.
    The graphic settings are "hardcore, Gamer and advanced" on my client.
    No i really dont handle them differently, i stealth to one, gank it, run away, recharge, and repeat.
    I would consider knowing when you are going to die would be equally if not more important than the map.
    There is more tactical precision in crysis1...
    Red aliens are noobs.

And i'm trying to be fair...i'm not saying it's terrible i kind of liked it but not as much as crysis 1...i was just expecting more from the campaign than it gave at least some giant alien at the end inside the spire -.-
    To each his/her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    To each his/her own.
    What a cop out response :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantii View Post
    What a cop out response :P
    Totally don't feel like arguing, heh.