Page 1 of 2
LastLast

plz help with buying a new computer

CPU i5 3.20GHz
    ram 4gb
    video card : ATI Radeon HD 5400 Series
    Harddisk : 500gb
    Windows 7 : x64 bit

How is this computer for 25 man raids in wow??
    i want to play without any lagg from fps, i want to make sure i can play good

gief some tips before i try to buy this computer
    Last edited by ßloody; 2011-03-27 at 11:35 AM.

wth is this.. When I bought my computer I picked random (alienware ftw)

For the CPU I think that i5 is one of the older ones. I would reccomend getting a sandy bridge i5 2500k.

Good CPU, terrible GPU. You would definitely need to upgrade that graphics card if you want to play any games smoothly. Also, you are probably getting ripped off on that CPU (and the whole system), it's not a quad core either by the way, it's a dual core.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

What about the video card?

more tips plz

and do i need to get more ram?

Running in 1280x1024? ;o Anything remotely half-new will suffice.

A HT'd dualcore-processor off of a replaced technology and a HD5400-series GPU, however.. Don't buy it

i think i have to buy a good CPU and video card then What is the best i can buy now?

Quote Originally Posted by ßloody View Post
    What about the video card?

more tips plz

and do i need to get more ram?
    Awful card for gaming, and the RAM is fine.

Upgrade the video card, everything else is more than enough for this game.

Alienware is the biggest ripoff everrrrrr. What a total waste of money.

I'd save up a little more and get an AMD 6850 over the 5400, they're just newer and better, and I always recommend an AMD Phenom II, better bang for the buck IMO. Sandy Bridge is good too however.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TankBoT View Post
    No. Alienware is not for the win. You pay insane prices for a fancy looking dell.

On topic: I'd go for i7 now tbh.

Deleted
    it would be useful if we knew how much money you'd like to spent on average und what fps you're expecting with what grafic settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuutaka View Post
    and I always recommend an AMD Phenom II, better bang for the buck IMO. Sandy Bridge is good too however.
    And I always recommend an i3 2100 for a budget gaming build since it dominates every single AMD CPU on the market today in terms of gaming performance.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

i got like 1k$ to 3k$ i want to try to get a nice computer

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 11:46 AM ----------

I want to raid with like + than 70 fps in raids

---------- Post added 2011-03-27 at 11:46 AM ----------

In my country i cant find a good pc's so i'm trying to find some nice websites to buy the upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by ßloody View Post
    i got like 1k$ to 3k$ i want to try to get a nice computer
    lol? That's a pretty wide budget range, and very unexpected after seeing the PC you linked in the OP.

Go to cyberpower.com or ibuypower.com and configure an intel i5 2500k or i7 2600k system with something like 8GB of RAM, Corsair 650TX or 750TX PSU and a GTX 580 graphics card

Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    lol? That's a pretty wide budget range, and very unexpected after seeing the PC you linked in the OP.

Go to cyberpower.com or ibuypower.com and configure an intel i5 2500k or i7 2600k system with something like 8GB of RAM, Corsair 650TX or 750TX PSU and a GTX 580 graphics card
    I don't think he lives in the US and I'm fairly sure ibuypower doesn't deliver outside the US, not sure about cyberpower. Of course he could use the websites to get an idea of parts and then buy them seperately but w/e.

i live in shiit arabic country atm...

Deleted
    i'd recommend you to take a look at www.geforce.com and maybe you find a nice setup there. the computers on geforce.com might not be cheap for the setup but they surely work like hell!

If you want to configure one yourself i would suggest you take one of the new Sandy Bridge i7 CPUs. 8 GB of RAM should do fine. take two 1-2 TB hard drives for Raid 0. For graphic i recommend an Geforce GTX560 (or if you're hardcore and willing to spend some bucks more: take a look at the new geforce 590! this monster roxx)

Quote Originally Posted by TankBoT View Post
    I'm laughing as you probably paid double the value that your comp is worth.