Poll: Is it soda or pop?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Higg View Post
    I do believe that ends this thread.

Anyway, it has to do with area, age, and influence.

Mom calls it pop cause she was raised up north, I used to call it pop, no one knew what it was cause I was in Florida, so I said soda-pop for a long time when I was a kid. Now I call it soda. Pop feels old, calling all soda a coke feels old, soda feels like the norm. But, to each their own. There's no 'right' or 'wrong' thing to call it, unless you're calling a soda a floogimishkintal...in which case, yes, you're wrong, and you're weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

I live in Washington State and every one here says pop, but my parents are from New York where they say soda, so i always say soda from being around them so much. Though I have to say, the idea of calling the beverage coke seems really stupid to me. If you say coke, you mean the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingcooKiljaeden View Post
    its called stfu and just drink what you like
    "Hey can i get a big mac and a Stfu and just drink what you like please, no fries"

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    "Hey can i get a big mac and a Stfu and just drink what you like please, no fries"
    roflmao...too funny. Also, too funny that the discussion even came to a point where a statement like his was even made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Well, which is it? Is it soda or pop? Or are you one of those outside-the-box thinkers that calls it soda pop? Or something else altogether?

Also would be interested to see where you guys hail from, so that I can see regional patterns (don't have to say if you don't want to, of course). I don't know why, but I personally call it soda, and I bristle whenever I hear someone call it pop. It's just so...wrong!

What about you guys?
    Well in Spanish we call it soda, or "gaseosa", but still, whenever I speak in English I say soda, pop sounds... Strange :S

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Hahaha, so much win This is why I love the off topic forums.
    Last edited by JohnnyTKF; 2011-05-15 at 05:42 AM.

Deleted
    Over in the UK it's "fizzy drink" or just call it by it's name.. "coke", "lemonade" etc.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    There's no 'right' or 'wrong' thing to call it, unless you're calling a soda a floogimishkintal...in which case, yes, you're wrong, and you're weird.
    This gave me a good chuckle. Thanks :3

There's a special place in hell for people who call soda 'pop'.

Keyboard Turner Satansaurus Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, it's not that bad. Really it's not!
    It is, and always will be. A Mixture of Chemicals, and Natural Ingredients, which while tasting great, will slowly corrupt your organs and kill you slowly. Did I mention how slowly the slow death will be slowly killing you?

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Satansaurus Rex View Post
    It is, and always will be. A Mixture of Chemicals, and Natural Ingredients, which while tasting great, will slowly corrupt your organs and kill you slowly. Did I mention how slowly the slow death will be slowly killing you?
    So, when you order one, you go "I'll have A Mixture of Chemicals and Natural Ingredients, please"? What a mouthful.

...if not, this is so way off the point of the thread I don't even know where to begin. Are you feeling ok?

10+ Year Old Account
    coke always said that for all of them

Keyboard Turner Satansaurus Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell, it's not that bad. Really it's not!
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    So, when you order one, you go "I'll have A Mixture of Chemicals and Natural Ingredients, please"? What a mouthful.

...if not, this is so way off the point of the thread I don't even know where to begin. Are you feeling ok?
    I'm Satansaurus, If I was ok World Hunger would not exist.

Lemonade.

or Coke.

There is no Soda.

There is no Pop.

There sure as hell is no Soda Pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

here we say "refrigerant".
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

Deleted
    Yeah I use the word soda.

I guess pop is an "older" word for it? At least I've never heard anyone use it, and I have this visual image of pop being something like an '80s word for.. well.. soda (Yeah I'm a tad odd)

the word "pop" makes me think of popcorn, not of...well, pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pok
    CC of WOTLK era=kill it faster. Why turn it into a sheep when you can turn it into a corpse.

It is Soda, calling it pop just seems to be lazy from my perspective. Pop could also refer to pop tarts, pop cereal, etc. When you say Hey, I'd like a soda, your reaction is a soft drink. Compared to Hey I'd like a pop...a pop? To the mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanart View Post
    It is Soda, calling it pop just seems to be lazy from my perspective. Pop could also refer to pop tarts, pop cereal, etc. When you say Hey, I'd like a soda, your reaction is a soft drink. Compared to Hey I'd like a pop...a pop? To the mouth?
    This.

There really is no point of discussion, it's Soda!
    Mysteriously delicious, but with complexity beyond degree.
    "Our truths lie in the absence of expression."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually refer to the brand of the drink (I.E coke, fanta, sprite, pepsi etc.)

Less confusion and I'm sure I get what I wanted.

Also seems to be the general attitude in denmark. It's just easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted pop, however lets rephrase that vote.

I pick other please explain!

Its coke, there is also this
    http://www.popvssoda.com/

It shows demographically what regions call it what.