Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Looking for a PC First Person Shooter.

I am looking for a PC First Person Shooter, what would you recommend?

Mind you, I am not looking for a Call of Duty game, or one of its many Clones. And I already play Team Fortress 2.

Can't go wrong with CS:S.

My first question is are you looking for sp or mp fps?

crysis 2 there's a free demo if you wanna check it out. Thought this game really needs a high end computer to run smoothly.

Homefront is great for multiplayer. I feel it blows the Call of Duty multiplayer out of the water. The story is short however about 6-7 hours. If you are looking for a game with a wicked story check out Singularity or the F.E.A.R Franchise.

Edit: Crysis 1 and 2 both seem really good, however suit management isn't fun to worry about when blasting baddies.

i personally started with CS 1.6 then moved onto Team Fortress 2 - which is an EPIC game :P i highly recommend it.

Left 4 Dead 2 is really enjoyable, especially if you got some friends to play it with you. The Co-op is awesome.
    "Your friends will abandon you." - C'Thun

Deleted
    Half-Life Deathmatch... Original Half-Life...

10+ Year Old Account
    Crysis seems ok, but you need a good rig, Homefront SP is entirely scripted and linear, and the MP is only slightly better, and much favors snipers

If you are looking for team-play .. BFBC2 can never go wrong ! , crysis 2 is just amazing , but as one just mentioned you need a truly high specc'd PC.
    In Soviet Russia , Keyboard turns you !

█║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌ORIGINAL
    █║▌│█│║▌║║▌│▌DRUID. ©

Battlefield 2, CS 1.6 or F.E.A.R. (the original) if you're looking for a great single player experience.

Also, Crysis 2 doesn't require that much of your computer, after all the graphics is a downgrade from the first one(otherwise consoles would never be able to run it).

Deleted
    Team Fortress 2 FTW

Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike (any of its games 1.6, Condition Zero, Source), Battlefield 2, Combat Arms (F2P), Battlefield F2P (in open beta), Crysis, Crysis 2, Homefront, Half Life 2. Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2.

I'm waiting for Brink. I'd play Team Fortress 2 a little bit while I wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go for the one and only SoF2

Quote Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
    crysis 2 there's a free demo if you wanna check it out. Thought this game really needs a high end computer to run smoothly.
    This, also, can go for Monday night combat if want, it's third person but it's so awesome! (Or wait for brink.. or don't wait at all if you got money for it when it comes out.)

Half-Life 2 and its sequels.

Never has a game had such an emotional impact on me. Soooooo good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Crysis 2 is nice

Pretty nice SP but the MP sucks.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

A couple of my favorite FPSs include:
    Red Orchestra: Osfront 41-45, Killing Floor (ZOMBIES!), Counter-Strike: Source, Left 4 Dead (MORE ZOMBIES!), Day of Defeat: Source, Unreal Tournament 3.

Another great shooter is Transformers: War for Cybertron. The single-player campaign is ridiculously fun, and the multiplayer is ever better.

Killing Floor
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!