Poll: Are they over reacting to Duke Nukem being oversexuel?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Real feminists die in fires standing up for their rights or defending their children's lives

Fake feminists exercise their right to protest imaginary violence and sexism in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by PetiteMort View Post
    May I direct you to my post just a bit upthread? Violence and sexism are qualitatively different problems within our culture. Equivocating fails to meaningfully address either, and is therefore dismissive of both. It's a disingenuous treatment of the issues.
    You did notice my comment was directed at someone else, did you not? Someone who popped in, insulted people who agreed with a comic, and said nothing of substance?

Did that escape your notice? I'm sorry if this whole forum setup is too complicated for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lirah View Post
    Which is why the world is really, really fucked up these days...

Children can slaughter millions of 3D characters in videogames, but the slightest mention of sex, and all hell brakes lose....
    their was like a 50page thread ALL about this and it being the same way around in europe damn america is just so dumb (yea i live in ohio)

Honestly, this shit makes me furious. Why does it matter if a fucking video game has sexism in it? It's a video game.

Censorship is the biggest bullshit that human beings have come up with. And the hypocrisy of it all... when a movie like A King's Speech gets an R rating and a movie like Sucker Punch (about a bunch of women being doped up and used as prostitutes) is PG-13, you know things are just way out of hand. America's insane puritanical values have completely contorted our morality, making sex a sin worse than murder.

This is just another example of how completely irrelevant these people are to humanity. They are lunatics, and when they all die off, I pray that instead of learning from them, we start making this world make sense.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    You did notice my comment was directed at someone else, did you not? Someone who popped in, insulted people who agreed with a comic, and said nothing of substance?

Did that escape your notice? I'm sorry if this whole forum setup is too complicated for you.
    You asked for a refutation of the comic, and I've obliged.

You asked for a refutation of the comic, and I've obliged.
    I asked a specific person. That person was not you.

Are you really having trouble understanding this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fox will do anything for attention I mean fucking anything.
    I hope those ridiculous motherfuckers lose their station L2 be a real news crew goddamn sons of bitches.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakho View Post
    Honestly, this shit makes me furious. Why does it matter if a fucking video game has sexism in it? It's a video game.

Censorship is the biggest bullshit that human beings have come up with. And the hypocrisy of it all... when a movie like A King's Speech gets an R rating and a movie like Sucker Punch (about a bunch of women being doped up and used as prostitutes) is PG-13, you know things are just way out of hand. America's insane puritanical values have completely contorted our morality, making sex a sin worse than murder.

This is just another example of how completely irrelevant these people are to humanity. They are lunatics, and when they all die off, I pray that instead of learning from them, we start making this world make sense.
    Video games are part of our culture. They're a multi-billion dollar entertainment industry that rivals the movie industry. To dismiss them as "just video games" makes as little sense as dismissing the cultural significance of any other form of art.

Conflating cultural critique with censorship is a particularly pernicious canard. It's quite possible to criticize problematic expression without calling for its suppression. I'm just as much opposed to that as anyone, but I reject the notion that that should forbid us from engaging in critical examination of our culture. That would be every bit as much censorship.

Deleted
    Fox News is retarded, more astoundingly fresh news at 11.

"Our goal isn't to shock people, but I think there's some stuff that'll be just a bit uncomfortable," he said. "We try to get right up to that edge and then relax enough so people don't reject it."
    They may have crossed the line this time.
    We Report. We Decide, ey?
    Last edited by mmoc24ed1da916; 2011-03-28 at 11:11 PM.

feminists are just mad that they're ugly and nobody will touch them.
    Battlemaster Ralamus (retired rogue)

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I asked a specific person. That person was not you.

Are you really having trouble understanding this?
    You asked an open forum and I had the information you requested. I'm having a difficult time seeing how that was discourteous.

Nobody saw this coming. Nope. Totally unexpected. Yep.

Deleted
    You asked an open forum and I had the information you requested. I'm having a difficult time seeing how that was discourteous.
    The information he requested was if the person requested had the sense to have a refutation ready before calling everyone stupid.

Really? So the fact that I quoted someone, like you just quoted me, is completely lost on you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Employee of the Software Rating Board
    "Two women appear to perform fellatio on the central character"
    Those guys from the ESBR have mad writing skills though - their description of oral sex makes it sound like something really boring :P

Until I see a movie get criticized in this way, I'll continue to say that extreme-feminists are among the most vile people in America. Volleying for superiority under the guise of equality..What a laugh.

While such extreme cases are the norm, it's important to understand that in America and most countries in the world, Women on average make less and are positioned lower than men in their field. Coupled with the fact that so many women feel indoctrinated as the homemakers of the 50s, and you may understand why moderate feminine-rights agencies exist in modern America.
    That said, cases like this topic's take it to the far-left, and need to just plain stop - it defames the entire goal of their movement.

To the lonely men in this thread, yes, it's true that there are many, many, many stupid women in America.
    But there are just about as many stupid men. Do you get it? Stupid people are the majority.
    (<--Woman)

Side note: False-News never disappoints. I only watch Fox 11 for entertainment purposes. Kind of like the Jackass films minus the unneeded disgusting parts.
    Last edited by Minky; 2011-03-28 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Minky View Post
    Until I see a movie get criticized in this way, I'll continue to say that extreme-feminists are among the most vile people in America. Volleying for superiority under the guise of equality..What a laugh.
    (<--Woman)
    Pretty much... Nowadays you can see worse stuff on primetime TV.

*shakes cane*

15+ Year Old Account
    I want this game at least twice as much as I did before reading this article.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Really? So the fact that I quoted someone, like you just quoted me, is completely lost on you?
    Nope. Cross talk happens in open forums. It isn't rude, it's an advantage of the format. You have the refutation you asked after the existence of. Does it matter that it didn't come from the person you asked for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    And somehow people still get laid more in the US.

No I'm not an all-american kid that has never left his home state and third world countries don't count.
    Where do you get your info ?
    I've been in the USA and tbh i think american girls are more prude then european girls.