Can religion and science coexist yet prove each other factual?

KK this is for OPEN MINDS if you think about it in a sense religion doesn't disprove science and science doesn't necessarily disprove religion. Can science prove a religion is real? What are your thoughts on this as i said OPEN MINDS.

Deleted
    off topic forums are thataway >>>>>

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Slightly bending, yes.

Heavily depends on the religion and how you read it. I'd personally say "no" most religions are based on something science either would never be able to prove, or which it already has proven not to work out.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think science and historical record can give merit to a religion and show that it's likely true. I don't think you can prove that a religion is 100% true. Using science I think you can show the existence of God is likely, but I doubt you can prove he actually exists.

Isn't that the foundation of most religions? That in order for them to exist, you have to believe in something, and have faith without hard evidence?

That's why some of the oldest religions worship idols and symbols. They are things they can see.

Absolutely they can and do 'coexist'. God created science. He likes it. They don't have to be at odds at all. He also likes minds that think- which he gave all of us to think about such questions.

No, science can only disprove religion, or force religions to re-adjust their belief system. Evolution is a great example of this type of "religious adaptation". Forced with the ABSOLUTE FACT that EVOLUTION IS A FORCE OF NATURE most religions have elected to some how incorporate it into their belief system. Because mankind has developed the scientific method, religion has fallen drastically. Eventually religion, in my opinion, will cease to exist. Then humanity can finally move forward without the great crimes religion has perpetrated.