Thread: halp-New PC

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    that seems like a legit build leaves a bit of room in the budget for upgrades aswell im really starting to lean towards building it myself i mean what can go wrong ?hah srlsy tho what can i ddo to fuck it up ?

Quote Originally Posted by incindeary View Post
    that seems like a legit build leaves a bit of room in the budget for upgrades aswell im really starting to lean towards building it myself i mean what can go wrong ?hah srlsy tho what can i ddo to fuck it up ?
    Not being gentle, static, not taking time.

If you watch some tutorials it is pretty easy to do the hardest thing for me was getting over my initial fear of ruining my stuff. One piece of advice is dload all the drivers you might need beforehand it makes installation much easier.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

and waht do you guys think of those builds from http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=3 i would probally go wiht thee dolphin one

10+ Year Old Account
    and waht do you guys think of those builds from http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=3 i would probally go wiht thee dolphin one
    I nearly word for word recommended that build in an earlier post...

I think that build would do what you want in the price range you quoted.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll

Deleted
    You can build a pc for 525 euros that can pull off 30-40 average FPS in Crysis at max settings, people who think you need 1,000+ are morons and can't build PCs, they can buy expensive parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    You can build a pc for 525 euros that can pull off 30-40 average FPS in Crysis at max settings, people who think you need 1,000+ are morons and can't build PCs, they can buy expensive parts.
    Max Settings at 1024x768 maybe. Even GTX 580 SLi only pulls 50-60 fps with 16xQ AA in Crysis on Max Settings at 1920x1200.
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisgoat View Post
    Talk more out of your ass, please. Run fullscreen non-window, and wow does support multi-GPU to a degree.

And nVIDIA vs AMD depends on how good the card is, not what brand it is. nVIDIA has no inherent benefits to Wow.
    Rubbish. WoW works fine with multi GPU but it beyond "yeah that's cool, I'll just sit entirely on core 1 while every other core reports no load" WoW doesn't do anything with multi GPU. That's why I get comparible FPS to someone with what is essentially 1/4 of my graphics setup. Because 3 of my cores are just sitting there being as useful as your hugely misinformed posts.

Nvidia versus ATI for wow, actually I'll concede I'm thinking at high budget, because of the above, an nvidia single GPU setup will run wow better because it has one faster GPU, whereas a high end ati will have 2 slower ones, resulting in much less performance. I'm running 2 HD5970s in crossfire, I can tell if a game scales to crossfire because the framerate does not every dip in a noticeable way, every, on any setting at all. Any game. Except WoW and rift. Rift supports crossfire and SLI but it works like crap with ATI making my cards hotter than anything else at all, and WoW just runs slow. People with 450s are getting better framerates than I am on the same settings and unlike me their cards aren't noticably spinning up.

And no, it's definately not my processor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deevicoos View Post
    Rubbish. WoW works fine with multi GPU but it beyond "yeah that's cool, I'll just sit entirely on core 1 while every other core reports no load" WoW doesn't do anything with multi GPU. That's why I get comparible FPS to someone with what is essentially 1/4 of my graphics setup. Because 3 of my cores are just sitting there being as useful as your hugely misinformed posts.

Nvidia versus ATI for wow, actually I'll concede I'm thinking at high budget, because of the above, an nvidia single GPU setup will run wow better because it has one faster GPU, whereas a high end ati will have 2 slower ones, resulting in much less performance. I'm running 2 HD5970s in crossfire, I can tell if a game scales to crossfire because the framerate does not every dip in a noticeable way, every, on any setting at all. Any game. Except WoW and rift. Rift supports crossfire and SLI but it works like crap with ATI making my cards hotter than anything else at all, and WoW just runs slow. People with 450s are getting better framerates than I am on the same settings and unlike me their cards aren't noticably spinning up.

IMO, buy a 450 and swap em out as you please for which game you're playing. x3

Quote Originally Posted by deevicoos View Post

Oh. You DID manage to talk more out of your ass. I *am* genuinly surprised.

This is the one I just built ground up (MINUS CASE)

asus m4a87td mobo
    8g Gskill ddr3 1600
    amd phenom 2 x6 1055t
    windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    ocz stealthstream 700w ps
    XFX radeon 5770 1gb video
    LG dvd r/w
    wd 320gb sata 3 hdd

total including shipping - $756

That motherboard is an odd size it will not fit in a lot of newer cases

You can get the dvd burner/windows as OEM safely.

All from newegg about 2 months ago.

*edit for the arguments, it runs wow and rift on ultra, everything maxed, without EVER a drop in fps, including killing the king of stormwind with 3 full horde raids (120 people) plus ~ 35 alli defenders
    Last edited by Dazzy; 2011-03-30 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    This is the one I just built ground up (MINUS CASE)

asus m4a87td mobo
    8g Gskill ddr3 1600
    amd phenom 2 x6 1055t
    windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    ocz stealthstream 700w ps
    XFX radeon 5770 1gb video
    LG dvd r/w
    wd 320gb sata 3 hdd

total including shipping - $756

That motherboard is an odd size it will not fit in a lot of newer cases

You can get the dvd burner/windows as OEM safely.

All from newegg about 2 months ago.
    Hex Core AMD processors are awful. 8GB of RAM is a waste for a budget build. I trust the 460 a little more than the 5770. Sata 3 320GB HD? I hope you don't store music/photos on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Hex Core AMD processors are awful. 8GB of RAM is a waste for a budget build. I trust the 460 a little more than the 5770. Sata 3 320GB HD? I hope you don't store music/photos on your computer.
    Some people just aren't media heavy. Its funny because I've had like 4 ATI cards and 5 Nvidia so I'm pretty spread.

Quote Originally Posted by nerfducken View Post
    No excuse for a video card coming out of a slot. A good technician will have secured that with a screw, especially knowing that it is going to be shipped. After I had bought that PC, 3 other newegg reviews had the same issue, the reviews before I bought mine were good. QA is definitely lacking with them.

FYI I am A+ certified and know what a good PC build is.
    Your A+ certified and bought a pre built hmm...I boughta pc from them almost 3 years ago just passed it down to my son and he plays rift at moderate to high settings no problem every company drops lemons now and then.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfducken View Post
    No excuse for a video card coming out of a slot. A good technician will have secured that with a screw, especially knowing that it is going to be shipped. After I had bought that PC, 3 other newegg reviews had the same issue, the reviews before I bought mine were good. QA is definitely lacking with them.

FYI I am A+ certified and know what a good PC build is.
    A+ certification is like a G.E.D in tech world, if it's in top 10 accomplishments then you've accomplished nothing.

700$ should get you a full quadcore 8gig ram dual nvida cards some crazy procressor. Don't let these fools tell you, you have to spend more than that. Do some serious compnet online shopping, and you will find some extreme deals.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by mmoc0fc091fcb6; 2011-03-30 at 05:10 PM.

hello, i'v been browsing mmo champion for about 2 years but this is my first post, the reason i have made this post is to ask for your help in finding me a new computer recently i have started playing rift and i feel that my old computer is outdated so i was wondering if anyone had any advice to offer my budget is rather small around 700$
    ps. id like to be able to run rift on high to ultra around 30+fps in invasions /raids( i know this is alot to ask on such a small budget )
    Doesn't Rift have their own forums yet??
    But I'll stray from that fact and still try to help ya....first things first $700 in today's world will get you a half-ass put together Dell...unless ofc you build yourself a kit from scratch.

If you decide to go with building it yourself, then my first piece of advice is DONT BUY FROM TIGERDIRECT.
    I bought a barebones kit that ended up running well over $1000 in the end due to parts not even being compatible with others included in the kit, their customer service is a joke, and waited ~8 months to finally get the right parts for a working computer. If anything, buy from Newegg, they have a good rep.

Now that $700 you want to put down on a comp will go a decent ways if you get the parts themselves etc. However, if you're looking to get a pro quality computer...I'd still recommend building one yourself, seeing as how a DECENT quality pre-assembled computer and all will run an easy $1500+ and a good chunk of the time not even including a graphics card that can handle running games that were made past 2005.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornstarched View Post
    700$ should get you a full quadcore 8gig ram dual nvida cards some crazy procressor. Don't let these fools tell you, you have to spend more than that. Do some serious compnet online shopping, and you will find some extreme deals.
    Wait, what? Shoo, troll. *Sprays troll-b-gone*
    <Mod edit: Infracted. Don't call other users "troll".>
    Last edited by Chelly; 2011-03-30 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thepreacher View Post
    High to Ultra settings on a $700 budget? Do you have any components that you're carrying over? If you're talking a complete build from the ground up...highly unlikely.
    I bought my entire setup (minus the monitor) off of tiger direct for about $600-700. (Not sure exactly how much, it was back in May 10'. I know for sure it wasn't more than $700 though) and I run WoW and all games (MWF2, Black Ops, Mafia 2, SC2, Portal, Bioshock 1/2, Arkham Asylum, etc.) at FULL (absolute max settings) graphics with absolutely no lag and plenty of room for upgrade. I have a $100~ graphics card in there and there is always room to upgrade those.

Point: try tigerdirect.com and go for prebuilt stuff thats on sale.