Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic 25 Omnotron Interrupts

What does everyone else use for interrupts here? We spent two hours last night toying with this and didn't get two far at most a rotation and a half. In the end the dancing got better but our interrupts did not, what classes do you guys use?

My guild uses two rogues.
    Former raider of Accession [US-Stormreaver]

Shaman wind shear is an outstanding interrupt for it as well.

Prot Warrior (who tanks Arcanotron and takes the first interrupt) and me (rogue). When the shield goes up, we let the stack build up to 8-9 and a mage spellsteals it. The rogue is to ignore everything else and just interrupt, pretty much.

my guild uses 2 shamans to get it

2 rogues when he doesn't have his shield up, and mages rotate counterspell when shield is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Also this, we use 2 Shamans on Cho'gall.

From what I've seen of 25 man Heroic mode, you need 3 designated melee interruptors due to the fact of how low the CD is on it. Call for a Shaman or Mage to catch it if you get a bad poison grip or melee aren't ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    Prot Warrior (who tanks Arcanotron and takes the first interrupt) and me (rogue). When the shield goes up, we let the stack build up to 8-9 and a mage spellsteals it. The rogue is to ignore everything else and just interrupt, pretty much.
    Is that... Tony Kornheiser in your sig?

Also,

Don't worry about the class as much as the player for interrupts. Any player can do interrupts regardless of class. (Ex; I did interrupts on Cho'gall Adherents :X)

Deleted
    Rogue (Myself) and Fury Warrior. The only time we need to call out for Counterspell is when Grip of death happens and arcanotron will be too far to Kick/Pummel. Hykon, the boss respects the lockout system nontheless. There's no "Cooldown" on the anihilator, but short interrupts like Windshear and whatnot will make shorten the time between his casts because of the smaller lockout.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is this some sort of sick joke? Wind Shear is probably the worst interrupt you could have because of the incredibly low lockout time.

Arcanotron will cast whenever his arcane school isn't locked out, meaning you should be using lockouts that are relatively close to one another. Any melee will be just fine, though rogues and Death Knights are really the "kings" (Death Knights due to Strangulate from range).

Make sure you're not using Wind Shear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    Is this some sort of sick joke? Wind Shear is probably the worst interrupt you could have because of the incredibly low lockout time.

Arcanotron will cast whenever his arcane school isn't locked out, meaning you should be using lockouts that are relatively close to one another. Any melee will be just fine, though rogues and Death Knights are really the "kings" (Death Knights due to Strangulate from range).

Make sure you're not using Wind Shear.
    I probably should have been a bit more specific. Since the heroic encounter (I'm sure you know this) has a lot of movement and you could potentially end up out of range for some reason, wind shear lets you overcome that. Strangulate has a fairly long cooldown so it isn't quite as reliable if that's needed. Wind shear is still, in my opinion, the best backup interrupt you can get for it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wind shear is still, in my opinion, the best backup interrupt you can get for it.
    No. Wind Shear is one of the worst interrupts you could use on this encounter due to its tiny lockout. Call for Mage Counterspell for the full 7s lockout to get things stable if you get gripped with Toxitron.

I checked with our Enh. Shaman and he said wind shear is not really viable for Omnotron.

I do all interrupts for Arcanotron on Hard Mode as Elemental Shaman. Yes its not the best but its the only one that will be available every casts cause of his 5s cooldown. We are not raiding 25 anyway so I guess it can just be easier in 25 with all the classes that can alternate interrupts and be sure to not miss it. Interrupting as Elemental Shaman is really bad, cancelling your casts all teh time, resulting in a 5k dps loss if not more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9kPhrNpMaE

Ret pally PoV

Myself and a rogue interrupting.

we use 2 rogues, with a shaman/mage as backups in case of range or grip issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerolith View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9kPhrNpMaE

Ret pally PoV

Myself and a rogue interrupting.
    gold dust serious wobbles

10+ Year Old Account
    Rotation of Rogue > Ret > Rogue or DK/Warr/Rogue. Whatever we have really.