Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Reporting AH Botters?

We have a glyph posting AH bot. I spent about 2 hours keeping an eye on the person. It's extremely frustrating because they are posting every 30 min or so, almost like clockwork with a visit to the bank and mailbox every so often.

I opened a ticket for a GM with a description (limited text is annoying). Is that the way you report them?

I report all bots that I come across. If you detail exactly what is going on they will usually take care of it really quickly. I have a blog post about it on my site. If you are able to find the character and physically track them Blizzard tends to act a lot faster. I got rid of about 15 bots in one night when i was bored by just tracking them down bot farming ore and compiled a list. Blizzard will tell you they can't tell you what they found because of privacy reasons but if you search for those same names a lot of the time they come up as unavailable in the armory. Its really a fairly quick process if you become a reliable source of information.

Some of them aren't bots. Some of them are actually just people with second accounts who play all day. I know because I talked to at least one person who admitted it. After that I stopped caring about the AH.

well when they release new meta gems (5x int/agi/str 3% crit dmg) i was in the ah 24/7 and in 4days i make almost 150k g , and yea i checkd a all day like every 20-30 min lol

What got me was the process was pretty methodical. The player would just sit afk in front of the auctioneer. After 30 minutes or so, they would start jumping and posting (at the same time). Then keyboard turn while jumping for about 10 seconds. Then run to the mailbox, same process at the mailbox, keyboard turn and jump while getting mails. Then to the bank (no jumping there). Back to the mailbox, turn and jump and back to the AH.

I am sure this has been going on for a while because I have not made glyphs for a month (I make when I sell). Nothing sells for over 50g because this guy/gal just undercuts almost as soon as you post.

Deleted
    Yeah I think most servers will have an human AH camper or 2, I know on my old server there was a guy with 2 monitors with one set to a bank alt pretty much 24/7. Often undercutting instantly, not much you can do about it, short of aggressive undercutting to make a point .

The botters are going to have a tough time when the prices of all trade goods related to Ore go down the tubes now.

Can't you create auctions using your iPhone?

Deleted
    As far as I know you can only browse AH on your iPhone, not post anything.

Quote Originally Posted by caragenerico View Post
    Can't you create auctions using your iPhone?
    Not with the sort of volumes that we are talking about with glyphs.

I chatted with the guy/gal last night. Said that he/she is trying to reach the guild achievement for glyphs and needed 3000 glyphs more. The problem is that I haven't made a DM card this month because I have not sold any glyphs and I only make DM cards with the bi-products from the glyphs. Otherwise you lose gold.

I decided enough is enough and posted all glyphs at 30g max price. At least I will be able to make a few DM cards. Got a wisp that it will now take longer than 2 weeks because he/she won't sell below a threshold. IMHO, he/she must have made well over 200k gold over the last 3 weeks (without DM cards) hogging the AH so vendoring the last 3k wouldn't hurt much, let alone selling for 30g each. My gut feel is that school holidays are ending in 2 weeks.

I have already got an in game mail from another glyph seller asking me not to sell so cheap so I will probably offer to provide the mats to the person for 3k glyphs in exchange for the glyphs and see what transpires.

What the hell was blizzard thinking when they created this achievement.

i rly dident know that people actualy bot AH ... What has the world... of warcraft... Come to?!

Quote Originally Posted by velvet32 View Post
    i rly dident know that people actualy bot AH ... What has the world... of warcraft... Come to?!
    Bots are slowly and steadily becoming a problem for WoW. It's killing PvP to the extent where it's not fun anymore and the Gathering bots that pick an entire zone bone dry for days. Uldum used to be a solid place to farm Whiptail. However, the second the players with Bots found this out...guess what happened. BOTS, BOTS EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Reiga View Post
    Yes you can create auctions via your phone or internet browser if you have the mobile AH feature, but only 200 a day and that includes purchases.

As far as the AH botter, I don't know of any that are in the glyph market, and quite honestly I don't think anyone actually bots the AH. There's many people out there, myself included, that outside of raiding have nothing to do, so I camp the AH most hours of the day. I undercut or repost every 15-30 minutes if needed and I have kept this up for days on end. There's nothing against the ToS for being persistent.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiga View Post
    You can purchase an AH subscription for the iPhone app and post auctions. It's like $2.99/month. I typically use it 3 or 4 times a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    What got me was the process was pretty methodical. The player would just sit afk in front of the auctioneer. After 30 minutes or so, they would start jumping and posting (at the same time). Then keyboard turn while jumping for about 10 seconds. Then run to the mailbox, same process at the mailbox, keyboard turn and jump while getting mails. Then to the bank (no jumping there). Back to the mailbox, turn and jump and back to the AH.

I am sure this has been going on for a while because I have not made glyphs for a month (I make when I sell). Nothing sells for over 50g because this guy/gal just undercuts almost as soon as you post.
    Sounds like you have a 30 minute window to make your money.

Quick question ~ Are you all pissy because he does better then you or is it that even if he wasn't a bot, he has time to cater to his auctions every 30 minutes as opposed to yourself who perhaps has a much shorter time span to play?

What is your cost to make a glyph?

Quote Originally Posted by Constantino View Post
    What is your cost to make a glyph?
    Depends, sometimes 5-10g if I buy the herbs but usually with cata herbs, if you mill just whiptail and sell off the inferno ink, you it's basically a 20g profit before you even sell off your glyph. But then again you can use the inferno ink for cards for more profit.

Deleted
    I have to ask OP, which server are you on? since someone just posted almost every glyph at 30g. And I think i might be this bot (I dont bot)

Edit: If its EU-Bladefist horde side, PM me the name of who you think is botting, and I'll see if its me
    Last edited by mmocf2b2f177b5; 2011-04-09 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    As far as the AH botter, I don't know of any that are in the glyph market, and quite honestly I don't think anyone actually bots the AH. There's many people out there, myself included, that outside of raiding have nothing to do, so I camp the AH most hours of the day. I undercut or repost every 15-30 minutes if needed and I have kept this up for days on end. There's nothing against the ToS for being persistent.
    The problem with doing this on glyphs is that we are talking about 100+ glyphs every 15/30 minutes to post and cancel which is a serious case for RSI. I watched the guy for about 2 hours and he seemed to be following the same process which is why I though he was botting. Turns out he wasn't. I think he just has 2 accounts because he never logged off and it's a bit tough for a lvl 1 to make DK glyphs. He turned down my offer to give him the mats to make his remaining 3k glyphs and said that he had almost finished milling the herbs himself which also makes me think he has 2 accounts because the AH guy almost never logged off.

Another reason for me thinking it was a bot is because this had been going on for 3 weeks. Thats even more of a serious case for RSI. I could understand a few days but 3 weeks of constant posting was a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    Sounds like you have a 30 minute window to make your money.

Quick question ~ Are you all pissy because he does better then you or is it that even if he wasn't a bot, he has time to cater to his auctions every 30 minutes as opposed to yourself who perhaps has a much shorter time span to play?
    lol. I am not all pissy. My question to you is this. How much gold is enough? camping the AH for 3 weeks on the glyph market probably means about 500k+. By his own words, the guy made 60 decks over the last month. I reported him because I genuinely thought he was botting. After I found out he wasn't, I took matters into my own hands. Also, it takes about 15 minutes to cancel and post your glyphs so you are only looking at a 15 min window.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiph View Post
    I have to ask OP, which server are you on? since someone just posted almost every glyph at 30g. And I think i might be this bot (I dont bot)

Edit: If its EU-Bladefist horde side, PM me the name of who you think is botting, and I'll see if its me
    No, it's EU-Auchindoun. Although, strangely enough, I posted a few of every single glyph for the last 3 days at 30g max price to stop the guy camping. It worked because he is no longer logged on 24/7 and posting. Took about 2 days to stop him because he obviously wasn't selling anything. I will now let the pricing go back to normal levels (will even help by buying out the high demand ones) and if he starts camping again I will flood the market again.
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2011-04-11 at 10:56 AM.

Deleted
    Wierd, since someone did the EXACT same thing you did.. had like.. 6-7 of each glyph on AH at 30g each on bladefist eu horde side.
    I still made quite a bit since crafting a glyph only costs like.. 5g average less if you also make darkmoon cards with the excess inferno inks. So i sold more glyphs at 30g than before, but the overall profit was however a little bit lower than usual (2k @30g each) where its usually around 5k/day with 'normal prices'