Need a new graphics card!

Hey hey!

i7 950 @ stock 3.06ghz
    6gig of 1600mhz ram
    700 watt PSU
    1920 x 1080 full hd monitor
    asus sabertooth motherboard
    1tb harddrive

Ok basically, I've been using a HD 4850 and I'm having to sell it as a setup with a system I'm selling and I'm looking to buy EITHER another HD 4850 or a new GPU that someone can recommend.

My budget is £70 TOPS!

I only play fifa 11, world of warcraft and a frequent frapser and I would like to render my videos as quick as possible, blacks ops and starcraft 2.. I'm thinking of buying Crysis 2 also. But I still want the best GPU my £70 can buy and from what I can see HD4850 with shipping seems like the best option, any recommendations would be epic <3

Thanks in advance !

With that budget, I don't think you would be able to pick up a Radeon 5770, a 5670 would be quite a bit slower than a 4850 so I wouldn't recommend it. I think you should just stick with another 4850, possibly a 4870 if you are able to find one within your budget. Nvidia has nothing in that price range, I wouldn't recommend a GTS 450 since it is slower than both 4850 and 5770.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    With that budget, I don't think you would be able to pick up a Radeon 5770, a 5670 would be quite a bit slower than a 4850 so I wouldn't recommend it. I think you should just stick with another 4850, possibly a 4870 if you are able to find one within your budget. Nvidia has nothing in that price range, I wouldn't recommend a GTS 450 since it is slower than both 4850 and 5770.
    sorry for hijacking but anyone know the cheapest place to buy a 5770 kinda fancy that card myself

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nwo View Post
    Yeah thanks for the input, I'll just grab another 4850 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
    sorry for hijacking but anyone know the cheapest place to buy a 5770 kinda fancy that card myself
    http://www.kingspecssd.com/product_i...products_id=53 Cheapest one i've seen..

In the US. Stuff are 50% cheaper there.

If that wasn't what you wanted to know, please specify.
    &nbsp;

In the US, there were two different web sites which had 5770s for only $80 after MIR this month. Both deals are expired now (or out of stock) so I would just keep an eye out for another one of those soon. ATI/AMD is supposed to release the 6790 soon (5770's replacement), so I think that there will be many more deals like that coming up shortly.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Deleted
    Not fair. Cheapest 5770 is about 177 dollars here.. (125 euros)
    GTS 450 also about 150 dollars :/
    Last edited by mmoc08e0cbb1c7; 2011-03-31 at 02:31 PM.

Deleted
    ATI 5750 is going to be the best bang for your buck. Around £60-£80 depending on where you shop around.

The Nvidia equivalent is going to be a GT450 which is more of a media card and may not be up to scratch.

Hope this helps

Evoss
    Last edited by mmoc3e7fde3491; 2011-03-31 at 02:41 PM.

Deleted
    Meh, just ordered a HD 5770 £110 with saturday delivery.

5770 is a very solid card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Meh, just ordered a HD 5770 £110 with saturday delivery.
    Thats a real shame, for less money and slightly more horsepower you could have ordered

XFX 5830 £83.99.

Given ATI/AMD's numbering system for the 5xxx series of cards, you can pretty much tell it performs better than the 5770. Not by a huge amount, but games like Crysis where every FPS matters when playing at the 1920x1080 resolutions, this card certainly proves it worth at that ridiculously low price.

I personally wish I saw this offer 6 months ago, but then this would be true of many cards i've oggled over the last 6 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudgery View Post
    Thats a real shame, for less money and slightly more horsepower you could have ordered

XFX 5830 £83.99.

Given ATI/AMD's numbering system for the 5xxx series of cards, you can pretty much tell it performs better than the 5770. Not by a huge amount, but games like Crysis where every FPS matters when playing at the 1920x1080 resolutions, this card certainly proves it worth at that ridiculously low price.

I personally wish I saw this offer 6 months ago, but then this would be true of many cards i've oggled over the last 6 months.
    Great find, but I really need my new graphics card by Sunday for raiding, I sold my *spare* pc parts + hd 4850 this morning, so it's kinda like desperate times XD!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuous View Post
    Great find, but I really need my new graphics card by Sunday for raiding, I sold my *spare* pc parts + hd 4850 this morning, so it's kinda like desperate times XD!
    TBH the difference between the cards is minimal at best. Hope your raiding experience improves.