Poll: Do you believe that the proceeds from the new store mount should go to Japan /Charity

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should the proceeds of the Winged Guardian mount go to Japan or another Charity?

Yes? No?
    Please answer in the poll and the comment below if you feel like conveying your personal beliefs and reasoning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan doesn't need any fucking money. They are one of the richest nations around. Money is not the problem.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

No. Why should it? Blizzard already has charities, and it's THEIR money. If they choose to donate it to some cause, then that's their choice, but they're not compelled to do anything.

lol @ anyone thinking they should decide what other people do with their money

Japan is the second richest country in the world, it is in asia, the most populated continent in the world. They do not need money or man power, therefore they dont need any charity to help them, only a moron would think otherwise. They even told the world they don't need help.

I don't see why blizzard doesn't donate to Japan just to milk more money out of us. They can play that "it's for a good cause, and LOOK HOW SHINY THOSE WINGS ARE!" for all its worth. Worked on TRH.

No... They are already donating. Enough is enough, I could understand if the mount had a Japanese flag on it.... But it does not.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMG, big careface. I couldn't care less about Japan, no offense, they have all the money they need.
    Who the f*** cares if Blizzard donates to them or not, that's not your business.

Go donate yourself if you really think it's such a worthy cause. Enough with these bullshit-threads already-

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I don't see why blizzard doesn't donate to Japan just to milk more money out of us. They can play that "it's for a good cause, and LOOK HOW SHINY THOSE WINGS ARE!" for all its worth. Worked on TRH.
    TRH was never for charity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz is already donating money to Japan (company will make a matching donation equal to the sum of its employees' individual donations. whatever the grand total is isn't our business, but safe bet is it's gonna be no small figure). the mount was already nearly complete and was datamined prior to the disaster. there's no obligation for them to donate more.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    CRAAAAWLING IIIIIIN MYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIN

I want to see how some of these nerds opinions would change if their house was obliterated out of complete nowhere. And not rebuilt for years to come.
    dem
    glaives
    boi

10+ Year Old Account
    Japan is not Indonesia. Japan is not some poor third world country that needs our help. They can and will manage this, and they will do it better and faster than any other country in the world (including the US, lol at Katrina).
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

You should donate to charity because it's the right thing to do, NOT because you're going to get something out of it.

Deleted
    Yes, Japan has all the money they need.. http://www.reuters.com/article/2009/...T8256220090108 mmhm.

Blizz giving money to Japanese aid, as said, they already are. As for you or me giving to Japanese aid, there are several charities taking donations (beware of scammers though) should you want to give. No, the mount should not be purely a charity thing.

If Japan wants help then yes it should, but if they dont it should go to a charity

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stancedance View Post
    I want to see how some of these nerds opinions would change if their house was obliterated out of complete nowhere. And not rebuilt for years to come.
    Apparently blizzard is an insurance company now.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarris View Post
    You should donate to charity because it's the right thing to do, NOT because you're going to get something out of it.
    QFT

If you want to donate go to the red cross website. If your only donating for a shiny mount maybe you should think about it more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. And you should donate all your personal possessions to someone else, then live out of a cardboard box, making sure to donate all of your income to other people, and only keep enough for yourself so that you can keep from starving. Because this is how a perfect world operates.

Why is the question being asked? "Should"? You make it sound like a matter of right and wrong. The question is will they or won't they, not "should they". They're a business, not a charity or society of philanthropists, and at the end of the day all they're looking after is their own financial interests. And who can blame them?

Deleted
    I don't believe they should donate anything unless they felt like it themselves, just like anyone else. If they would feel like donating to Japan with my subscription - Go ahead. If not - Go ahead. The second I pay them, it's not my call anymore. I don't tell the store clerk what to do with my cigarette money once he's handed me the pack. I don't tell the waiter what to do with my lunch money once he's brought me the food. Heck, I don't even tell the bankier what to do with my fundings once i've placed them into my account. Invest them as you will - As long as you provide the service i am entitled to, I give a fuck about what you do with my money once i've paid them to ya. Then they aint mine anymore.

On another note: The disregard towards Japan in this thread scares me a bit. Yes, they may be quite rich and yes, they are independant and beurocratic and want to take care of themselves, but "Fuck Japan" or "I don't give a shit about them" is a bit harsh, is'nt it?

When the Hurricane Katrina (Catrina?) hit, I did'nt see any Japanese here saying "Fuck the americans, they can take care of themselves. They're rich!" - But hey.. I guess that's just me

Oh, and that was'nt a stab at our American brothers. <Insert random disaster here, fitting for whichever nation you find appropriate> - Again, i did'nt see the same harsh language towards it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Yes. And you should donate all your personal possessions to someone else, then live out of a cardboard box, making sure to donate all of your income to other people, and only keep enough for yourself so that you can keep from starving. Because this is how a perfect world operates.

Why is the question being asked? "Should"? You make it sound like a matter of right and wrong. The question is will they or won't they, not "should they". They're a business, not a charity or society of philanthropists, and at the end of the day all they're looking after is their own financial interests. And who can blame them?
    You forgot "commit to a wov of chastity".